2014 - MOROCCO .. All posts here now please.. (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ok remember the saga of my EGR problems ?. I mentioned the help given to us by Mohamed , who we took with his friend Rashid to Tafroute to the Argan festival ,
well he invited Rosie and i to his family home and small farm ,some 30miles south of Agadir near Tisnite ,

The whole family gave us a wonderfull welcome , Mohamed doing all the translating ,
Lunch was waiting for us a beef tagine cooked by his mother and sister , we sat in a room in full moroccan style and eat with the bread (even though they gave us eating irons ),
The meal started with the traditional washing of hands ,
Then the tagine was brought in and a huge basket of hot bread that had just been made by his mother .
We followed their lead on how to eat using only bread and felt really priveleged to be invited.
Sweet biscuites and cakes followed along with a basket of fruit ,
(Again we followed their lead, apple to digest the meal , orange to finnish or a bananna if you had a space to fill :ROFLMAO: )
Followed by moroccan sweet tea ,

Mohamed took us for a walk around his village to the local school and village hall where they were rehearsing a play , he showed us the work the "association" were doing to pipe water into each home and also drainage .

We then took the van down to the sea and walked along the beach looking at tge the fishermens houses that are now beach houses , and a Hotel being carved and built into the sandstone cliffs ,

We then went to Rashids how for dinner.
We started with the hand wash ,
Then Sweet cake his mother had freshly made and sweet moroccan tea,
followed by Tagine of local delicacy beef stomach /intestines with vegatables on a bed of moist couscous ,again we followed their lead and eat with only hot home made bread .
pudding was home made yogourt and a bowl of dry couscous to mix into it ,
(we did use a spoon and a bowl for this )
followed by more sweet cakes and biscuits ,

we talked about morocco ,the people and islam and learnt a lot about the countries culture and history , a woderfull experience ,

We slept in our van but were invited in for breakfast ....
Hot freshly baked bread , moroccan omlette , a bowl of olive oil to dip the bread etc in or jam to spread on it ,and of course sweet tea .

When we came to leave Mohameds father insisted on washing our van for us and us servicing it before we left (emptying the cassette on the cow dung pile)
We got fresh water from his 80mt deep well ,

when we left , The family and us were really sad and we all had a tear in our eyes ,
Mohameds Father made us promise to come and see them next time we come to Morocco !

Last edited:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Marjohn on the way home

Hello everybody
Hope you are all fine we are in moulay bousselham a very nice place we took the wrong turn ended in the middle of know where suppose to be on the toll road we saw carol and Arnold coming through the town but thanks to both of you what a great place
Mar john 11-3-14

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 33

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Hello daiboydave

Hello you two, obviously still in Morocco and both looking well. I've been back in UK 3 weeks now. It's nice to be home and luckily the weather is good too at the moment but nothing like the temperature showing in your photo. Enjoy.

Dai. Xx
hello dai
Hope you are doing fine missed your birthday yesterday so happy birthday
From
Marjohn::bigsmile:

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Hello everybody
Hope you are all fine we are in moulay bousselham a very nice place we took the wrong turn ended in the middle of know where suppose to be on the toll road we saw carol and Arnold coming through the town but thanks to both of you what a great place
Mar john 11-3-14

Hi just spent 3 nights there lovely.. Now at Asilah heaing to Tanger Med in the morning.... Chilly blustery wind here ...

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Chilly and blustery? It's blowin' a gale.
We landed at Asilah this afternoon. After a successful trip to Larache Marjane for a washer! We were going to stay in Larache but after a couple of hours jaunt round the town and sea front have seen enough.
Many thanks to all we have bumped into for tolerating us over the last couple of months.
We have had a great time in Morocco and it has gone from "never coming back" to "maybe in a couple of years" to "when we come back next year" and it will be the full three months having had a wide range of experiences during our learning curve.
Hope to get to Malvern and catch up with the funsters again.
Bye from Morocco - Spain tomorrow

Last edited:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Made it Azrou after a long, long drive.
I'll post the gory details later but we are sat here at Disneyland with a full gale blowing and rain pissing down with Colin and Christona trying to work out what to do tomorrow.
Any ideas Suggy? You've been here a couple of times!
Not really keen on doing much driving after today's marathon!

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We landed at Asilah this afternoon. After a successful trip to Larache Marjane for a washer! We were going to stay in Larache but after a couple of hours jaunt round the town and sea front have seen enough.
Many thanks to all we have bumped into for tolerating us over the last couple of months.
We have had a great time in Morocco and it has gone from "never coming back" to "maybe in a couple of years" to "when we come back next year" and it will be the full three months having had a wide range of experiences during our learning curve.
Bye from Morocco - Spain tomorrow[/QUOTE

Away man thats no a gale just a wee bit wind lol.
We are also on ferry tomorrow hopefully get on the 11 am next one 5 pm ....tc .

Arnica

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
Bolton le Sands Carnforth
Funster No
MH
Geist Touring 652 C Class
Exp
Nine years
Kenitra - Ouazzane

Said our cheerio's to Marjhon and went our separate ways. Few vitals from Marjane on the way out and then a reasonable drive on the N1 to the north of 'Rhubarb' (sic) where we turned off onto the R408 and had a magnificent easy run to destination through predominantly small agricultural communities. Have never seen so many families going to market on donkey carts before.

PICT7215.jpg

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'll post the gory details later but we are sat here at Disneyland with a full gale blowing and rain pissing down with Colin and Christona trying to work out what to do tomorrow.

you can go feed the barbary apes ... out the gate turn right , take the right fork and just follow the road ,you will find the apes hanging around :ROFLMAO: they like bread and friut obviously , they were very gentle taking the food from my hand and did not try to dismantle the van :RollEyes: you may have to chase the dogs away from the trees ie big stick and some rocks :ROFLMAO: to get the apes to come down :Cool:

you can have a short drive to ifrane , the town is amazing , it has colleges for the very very rich ,the houses have to be seen , very exclusive , you would not beliefe you are in morocco.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

you can go feed the barbary apes ... out the gate turn right , take the right fork and just follow the road ,you will find the apes hanging around :ROFLMAO: they like bread and friut obviously , they were very gentle taking the food from my hand and did not try to dismantle the van :RollEyes: you may have to chase the dogs away from the trees ie big stick and some rocks :ROFLMAO: to get the apes to come down :Cool:

you can have a short drive to ifrane , the town is amazing , it has colleges for the very very rich ,the houses have to be seen , very exclusive , you would not believe you are in morocco.:Eeek:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are at camping imsouane vic 60 , now called camping cathedral point ,
N30*50,942 W9*49.320

80d plus 20d leccy ,bit expensive for what is here but facilities good and clean , fairly quiet , mainly german and belguims with some in surf busses ::bigsmile:

been sat playing guitar with a belgium surfer tonight :Cool:

not had chance to explore the town yet but had a walk through the site onto the cliffs and surf beach , ::bigsmile:

Rosie has been doing the washing ,i did the pegging out :ROFLMAO: got to get full value of the leccy :thumb:

Going to Sidi Kaouki tomorrow vic 59 , N31*20.898 W9*47.716
was recomended by the german guy camped behing us at tagazoute , it has better sea views than vic 58 :thumb:

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
not had chance to explore the town yet

Its worth a walk, go out on the harbour wall if there is a swell running and see incoming fishing boats carving through all the bussed in learner surfers. The fish market is also good crack if you time it right!:winky:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
After driving up the motorway from Agadir, we exited at the Safi junction for Marrakech. After paying the toll we joined the road into town. Immediatley beyond the roundabout was a police checkpoint. We must have driven through quite a few of these during our stay in Maroc.

This one was different, the older of two policemen signaled for us to pull over. :Sad: Initially he conversed with Lynda in French until he realised that the driver moi, was on the other side. He spoke to me in French to which I replied ‘je ne comprend pas, je suis Anglais’. :RollEyes:
He then addressed me in good English and asked to see my documents. Lynda had to dig all the docs out from the hidy hole, with me telling her to empty the wallet of all but two hundred dirhams in case we were going to be hit with a trumped up fine. :Eeek:

He then asked me how I coped with driving on the right, and what I thought of drivers in Maroc. I was just about to say they are a bunch of ***ing numpties when I thought better and replied ‘very good on the whole’ :Eeek:

He perused our V5, both parts of my driving licence, passport, green card etc. However, he asked for the ‘Control Tecknic”. I didn’t know what he meant and showed him the vin plate , the makers loading plate, all to no avail. He looked at the Conc’s habitation sticker on the side of the step and queried the dates 2011/12. Still I didn’t twig what he meant by Control Tecknic.

Some ten minutes had elapsed by now and there were quite a few vehicles held up behind us. Then as if by divine intervention, PC Plods mobile rang and he became preoccupied with his caller. He gesticulated for us to go. Phewwwwwww!! :Eeek:

When we arrived at Le Relais, we recalled the incident to Bob and Ellie. Eliie informed us straight away that Control Tecknic was the MOT – doh.
The MOT was in the docket with the V5 and we hadn’t handed that over.

Cela ne fait rien I thought to myself and wished Id brushed up on my O level French :thumb:

Last edited:

WanderingWolves

Free Member
Mar 8, 2014
Penkridge. Staffs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the info.

Hi, Glad to hear you made it through the police checkpoint, we have decided if we make it back across the border to spain without a fine, it will be a miracle. :Doh:

We are still in Taghazout, but going south on Monday to Tifnit for some mussels then perhaps on Wed/Thurs start heading north.
Keep in touch.:Smile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi, Glad to hear you made it through the police checkpoint, we have decided if we make it back across the border to spain without a fine, it will be a miracle. :Doh:

We are still in Taghazout, but going south on Monday to Tifnit for some mussels then perhaps on Wed/Thurs start heading north.
Keep in touch.:Smile:

Hi Mike & Sue

Good to see your membership is ok now and you can finally post on the forum. As you say keep in touch.
K,L & J

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Leaving morocco

We have been looking at a date for leaving Morocco,

Our plan is to get to Assilah for Tuesday March 19 , get provisions and gas :thumb:

Then head for Tangier Med on Wednesday morning to cross to Algecirias ,

if any one is in the area at that time and wishes to travel with us , They would be welcome ,:Cool:

stevebill

Free Member
Jun 23, 2010
UK sometimes
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Tafraoute

A couple of things about Tafraoute- if you are unfortunate enough to wreck 2 tyres, the tyre fitters in Tafraoute don't want to know, they don't stock motorhome tyres. However, a small garage 5 mins walk from the wild camping called Sakante Abdelkader phone 06 61700622 helped us loads. He got 2 tyres overnight from Agadir, came to the m/home and fitted them. All in £132 quid each, brilliant AND he phoned all over the place for them. Use him if you are ever in Tafraoute. Secondly, most Europeans gravitate to the chicken shack by the street for food, dust and grit come as part of the cheap deal. Try this other - far better quality, in a courtyard with a pool and waiter service for the same price, same flippin menu!
Espace Tifaouine, which is a hotel 200 mtrs on the left as you turn onto the road to the Amelm Valley from the Afriqia petrol station. We went with Ken, Lynda, Rosie and Suggy for coffee on Ken's birthday- then we went back for dinner a night later.
Now in Agdz after a boneshaking journey from Tata. The R108 is, for the first 75Ks, a series of potholes interrupted by holes followed by pits. There is no decent tarmac or even decent gravel. The last 45Ks were fine. I reckon the m/home is now 2.2 metres high. When we left Tata it was 3.2m high.
cheers Steve n Sue

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Yesterday we left cascades D'Ouzoud and headed towards Azrou.
The first 30k was a drive through the clouds on single track roads with countless hairpin bends. On a clear day I am sure it would be a stunning drive, but unfortunately it was low cloud which restricted the views greatly.
For the first 30k we only passed three cars and one truck!
Once we hit the N8 it was straightforward and for about 100k it was really good road. After that it was quite twisty and up and down in the normal Moroccan style.
We stopped for lunch and by chance we saw the sign for no143 in the Vicious book at Ouaoumana by the lake. Colin and I thought we would scout it out as we would have preferred not to drive the whole way to Azrou in one hike. It says in the book that the rough access road is not recommended for long and/or low vans so we went in Colin's van.
Two points to note here:
First, the coordinates don't seem to relate to anything except a spot in the middle of nowhere on the N8 somewhere near the turning. We did spot the turning from the description heading from the North ( the opposite way to which we were travelling), turned round and headed down the track.
Second, the description is correct as far as the track is concerned. I am sure Colin could have made it in his van (6m Swift) but equally sure we would have been totally screwed in our 9m lowline Alko tag axle.
If you have got the sort of van that can cope with big ruts, bumps and hollows this could be a beautiful spot.
Being a wimp however I decided discretion the better part of valour and we pushed on to Azrou.
We found the Disneyland site without too much difficulty and were directed by the gateman to Reception which is up a fairly steep road consisting of a strange tiled surface. The staff directed us along a terrace where there were no level plots so OK they said there is another level higher up.
Now, our van is notorious for wheel spinning on anything more than a couple of degrees from level when the surface provides less grip than sandpaper. A very steep road with A TILED SURFACE presented itself with a double bump through a gate. Gwen had to take a run at it which was compromised by three dogs belonging to the staff running around and the staff trying to catch them.
Then we grounded on the double bump.
Gwen was NOT happy! and when Gwen is not happy, WATCH OUT! :Eeek:
We returned to the first terrace and found a spot which even with ramps was a long way from level. We conferred with Colin and decided we would go in his van and check out the next campsite just 1 km up the road, but they were full.
Returning to Disneyland Gwen had an almighty row with the staff as they had not been very thoughtful in directing us around the site, had caused us to reverse several times, nearly ripped the exhaust off, scr,aped the the side on some trees, not controlled their dogs and generally been effing useless. (Her words, not mine).
This by the way is a very abbreviated version of the harangue the staff received.
The upshot was they directed us to a spot near the entrance which was much less sloping, with plenty of room ( why didn't they put us here to start?)
Now we could get settled down and have dinner and rest after a very, very long drive (310km!).

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We had a nice lie in this morning after yesterday's trials and tribulations and had a lovely surprise when we discovered Chrisboyo and Liz were staying on the same site.
We had a brief chat with them before they set off for their day out and we for ours agreeing to have a drink together later.
I spoke to the chief Guardien about going to see the monkeys and he offered to drive us there for the cost of the petrol (maybe still feeling guilty for last nights issues).
He drove us up to the forest and asked how long we would be. I foolishly said 30 minutes. Foolish because after 10 minutes we were cold and had enough pictures of monkeys to last us for the rest of our lives.
It rained and sleeted and got colder.
As arranged he turned up on time and we asked him to takes us into Azrou thinking we would have a mooch about, get some lunch and then get a taxi back.
When he dropped us off he pointed out a restaurant which he said was very good and so we had a look, it was spotlessly clean, had nice tablecloths (always a good sign according to Gwen) so we chose a table at the front under an awning.
We all ordered roast chicken and frites which was excellent, but halfway through the meal it began to thunder and lightning with a vengeance.
Then the hail began!
Not quite as big as goofballs, but big enough, and it just kept coming down until the ground was covered like snow. And the temperature dropped like a stone too. It was so cold we had to move inside.
After we finished lunch we had a brief wander round the town but really brief because it was now minus 2 degrees according to the display outside the bank:Eeek: and it had been 14 degrees when we went out! As I say the temperature just plummeted in minutes when the hail started. I've never known a temperature change as dramatic in my life.
After our wander we found a grand taxi and the four of us got in. The driver continued to wander around. "Yalla, yalla" we said (quick, quick) he was waiting for another two passengers to fill his car at 4 dh each. We offered him 25 dh to go immediately and he was off! The car was nice and warm too until he opened his window:Doh:
Back to Disneyland, and a nice hot chicken Madras curry followed by a few drinks and a good natter with Chris and Liz.
Tomorrow we head for Meknes. It's not far so we don't need to set off until 10:00 - luxury!

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Bye from Morocco - Spain tomorrow

I am really pleased you have enjoyed it and look forward to being in your company again soon.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Yesterday we left cascades D'Ouzoud and headed towards Azrou.
The first 30k was a drive through the clouds on single track roads with countless hairpin bends. On a clear day I am sure it would be a stunning drive, but unfortunately it was low cloud which restricted the views greatly.
For the first 30k we only passed three cars and one truck!
Once we hit the N8 it was straightforward and for about 100k it was really good road. After that it was quite twisty and up and down in the normal Moroccan style.
We stopped for lunch and by chance we saw the sign for no143 in the Vicious book at Ouaoumana by the lake. Colin and I thought we would scout it out as we would have preferred not to drive the whole way to Azrou in one hike. It says in the book that the rough access road is not recommended for long and/or low vans so we went in Colin's van.
Two points to note here:
First, the coordinates don't seem to relate to anything except a spot in the middle of nowhere on the N8 somewhere near the turning. We did spot the turning from the description heading from the North ( the opposite way to which we were travelling), turned round and headed down the track.
Second, the description is correct as far as the track is concerned. I am sure Colin could have made it in his van (6m Swift) but equally sure we would have been totally screwed in our 9m lowline Alko tag axle.
If you have got the sort of van that can cope with big ruts, bumps and hollows this could be a beautiful spot.
Being a wimp however I decided discretion the better part of valour and we pushed on to Azrou.
We found the Disneyland site without too much difficulty and were directed by the gateman to Reception which is up a fairly steep road consisting of a strange tiled surface. The staff directed us along a terrace where there were no level plots so OK they said there is another level higher up.
Now, our van is notorious for wheel spinning on anything more than a couple of degrees from level when the surface provides less grip than sandpaper. A very steep road with A TILED SURFACE presented itself with a double bump through a gate. Gwen had to take a run at it which was compromised by three dogs belonging to the staff running around and the staff trying to catch them.
Then we grounded on the double bump.
Gwen was NOT happy! and when Gwen is not happy, WATCH OUT! :Eeek:
We returned to the first terrace and found a spot which even with ramps was a long way from level. We conferred with Colin and decided we would go in his van and check out the next campsite just 1 km up the road, but they were full.
Returning to Disneyland Gwen had an almighty row with the staff as they had not been very thoughtful in directing us around the site, had caused us to reverse several times, nearly ripped the exhaust off, scr,aped the the side on some trees, not controlled their dogs and generally been effing useless. (Her words, not mine).
This by the way is a very abbreviated version of the harangue the staff received.
The upshot was they directed us to a spot near the entrance which was much less sloping, with plenty of room ( why didn't they put us here to start?)
Now we could get settled down and have dinner and rest after a very, very long drive (310km!).

All in all a bit of a Bugger then :Sad:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
We had a nice lie in this morning after yesterday's trials and tribulations and had a lovely surprise when we discovered Chrisboyo and Liz were staying on the same site.
We had a brief chat with them before they set off for their day out and we for ours agreeing to have a drink together later.
I spoke to the chief Guardien about going to see the monkeys and he offered to drive us there for the cost of the petrol (maybe still feeling guilty for last nights issues).
He drove us up to the forest and asked how long we would be. I foolishly said 30 minutes. Foolish because after 10 minutes we were cold and had enough pictures of monkeys to last us for the rest of our lives.
It rained and sleeted and got colder.
As arranged he turned up on time and we asked him to takes us into Azrou thinking we would have a mooch about, get some lunch and then get a taxi back.
When he dropped us off he pointed out a restaurant which he said was very good and so we had a look, it was spotlessly clean, had nice tablecloths (always a good sign according to Gwen) so we chose a table at the front under an awning.
We all ordered roast chicken and frites which was excellent, but halfway through the meal it began to thunder and lightning with a vengeance.
Then the hail began!
Not quite as big as goofballs, but big enough, and it just kept coming down until the ground was covered like snow. And the temperature dropped like a stone too. It was so cold we had to move inside.
After we finished lunch we had a brief wander round the town but really brief because it was now minus 2 degrees according to the display outside the bank:Eeek: and it had been 14 degrees when we went out! As I say the temperature just plummeted in minutes when the hail started. I've never known a temperature change as dramatic in my life.
After our wander we found a grand taxi and the four of us got in. The driver continued to wander around. "Yalla, yalla" we said (quick, quick) he was waiting for another two passengers to fill his car at 4 dh each. We offered him 25 dh to go immediately and he was off! The car was nice and warm too until he opened his window:Doh:
Back to Disneyland, and a nice hot chicken Madras curry followed by a few drinks and a good natter with Chris and Liz.
Tomorrow we head for Meknes. It's not far so we don't need to set off until 10:00 - luxury!

Back in Spain the weather has been good today. (On my own as Cathryn has popped back to Yorkshire for a few days.) Wish I was back in Morocco with you guys even if it did mean a bit of hard damp stuff. :thumb:

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Himself and I would like to say a big thank you for this thread. We sat last night and read very page! It has been so useful for us planning our trip in the autumn and also has given us such a lift reading all your adventures. Quite inspiring really. So thank you and hope to catch up with some of you next time.

Arnica

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
Bolton le Sands Carnforth
Funster No
MH
Geist Touring 652 C Class
Exp
Nine years
ma'as-salama Morocco

10.0am Tanger-Med & the 10 0' clock ferry arrived 09.50 :)thumb:) For us the fat lady has sung (we think) & we're sitting quayside waiting in warm sunshine,cool breeze. We have yet to enter & exit Morocco completely smoothly, todays hitch was a keen-eyed desk-lady noting that my name was not the same on Passport as on ferry ticket which presumably made Arnold either a bigamist or wife-deserter :Eeek: After stern interrogation & warning that if it occurred again he would have to buy 'new ticket for new woman' we were allowed to progress. Not sure what influence a couple of semii-official guys had on the outcome but they seemed to think they deserved recognition for their efforts which amounted to a packet of cigs & a 5E note (half their initial bargaining price). Thought we had managed to escape the eye of Moroccan officialdom & kept our slates clean but at the 11th hour.....the message here is if you enter as part of a 'group deal' make sure the person responsible for purchasing your ticket does not inadvertently either marry or divorce you in the process, perhaps persons buying tickets for others make note but the responsibility lies clearly with the group member!
2nd tip of day from us - had a quiet if windy overnight at a park up very handy for Tanger Med being aprox 5km away, above a sandy bay,at the entrance of a small harbour Ksar-Es-Seghir (no 13 Vicarious Books co-ord N35 50.945 W 005 33.649 says room for 5 - only us there). A gendarmerie security post (for harbour) a few yards away, we obtained their permission without bribery :thumb:
So farewell to Morocco for 2014, like many others our attitude changed from 'well we'll go just once more - in our case so Arnold could walk around a bit as last year on crutches - to must visit this place, that place next year'. Whether its the sunshine, souks, cycling, walking, eating, Berber culture, socialising ++ or combination thereof there's lots for everyone's interests. Thanks to old friends & new friends for the chats, laughs, handy tips, practical assistance when necessary,musical entertainment :Cool: & lots more; look forward to seeing you again in Morocco or even closer to home, Inshallah. Safe travels to all of you lucky people who are still south of us. Carol & Arnold.

All who wander are not lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back