2014 - MOROCCO .. All posts here now please.. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well we took Suggies advice and headed west. Travelled from Marrakech to Safi. The road was narrow and a shit surface. Max speed we achieved was 40mph. We tried entering coordinates for Camping Touristique de Safi but ended up down a P road which was deteriorating rapidly. So we headed in to Safi and Inshallah we dropped on it by more good luck than management.

Seems a nice site, lovely licensed restaurant and we are the only Brits in the village. Rest (ten approx) are French:Sad:

Will post the coordinates when I've had a sarnie. :thumb:

Coordinates are correct in CDM book page 144

Complex Touristique de Safi
N 32d 18.00' W -09d 14.30'

Last edited:

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
Yesterday we left cascades D'Ouzoud and headed towards Azrou........we saw the sign for no143 in the Vicious book at Ouaoumana by the lake. Colin and I thought we would scout it out as we would have preferred not to drive the whole way to Azrou in one hike. It says in the book that the rough access road is not recommended for long and/or low vans ........I decided discretion the better part of valour and we pushed on to Azrou.
We found Disneyland...........wheel spinning......Then we grounded on the double bump......a very, very long drive (310km!).

Guys

I'm not sure which one of the petty deities you've upset but you sure have not been enjoying the smile of good fortune recently, we are feeling for you! :Sad:

You made the right call at Ouaoumana though. You're right it is beautiful .... fabulous when the sun shines! We stayed there on our way north after it had been dry for weeks and but even then getting our 747 in and out in the bone dry took care. :whatthe: It is very rough and steep in places but we made it ok although I took the view that with front wheel drive, as pretty well all Fiats/Peugeot/Citroen motorhomes are, then adding the merest hint of damp/mud would have been a show stopper......

Hope the rest of the trip out is less exciting and a lot more enjoyable

Take Care. :Smile:

Barry and Sue. :thumb:

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
Himself and I would like to say a big thank you for this thread. We sat last night and read very page! It has been so useful for us planning our trip in the autumn and also has given us such a lift reading all your adventures. Quite inspiring really. So thank you and hope to catch up with some of you next time.

Really impressed that you've sat and read the whole thread in one sitting, suggests that you've more than enough stamina to do the real thing!

.......but (you have to consider this) could it just be that the Funster's Morocco Adventures are a bit like the Apollo moon landings ? :RollEyes:

Are Mr Motorhome, Malcolm Bolt and the rest who regularly post tantalising films and photographs providing tangible evidence of the adventure or are they simply Adobe Photoshop and virtual reality experts illustrating the fascinating posts and stories dreamed up by a team of gifted scriptwriters living in Jim's garden shed? :Confused:

In fact when you think about it doesn't some of what you've read sound slightly odd - thousands of motorhomers buying ferry tickets from a mysterious chap called Carlos in a supermarket car park - the repeated instances of chance encounters that keep happening as two dozen Funsters apparently bimble around Morocco and keep meeting each other ....... and what really happened on Tagazhoute beach??! :Blush:

I feel I have to pose these questions because we've been back less than a week and already it seems like a dream. Did we really travel all that way, see all those things, do everything we remember.............. OR Could it be something else .........? :whatthe:

(You know - you'll never know till you go! )

Talking of which I have to go now, Sue says I need to have a little rest ! :Blush:

Have Fun. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are making our way slowly up the coast ,

staying at various plages recomended by various people :Smile:

We came over to Morocco December 28th..... Leaving Morocco March 20th, 11 weeks :Eeek:

(We would have stayed the full 3months but its the Grandaughters Birthday on the 29th March and Mothers Day on the 30th March , so duty calls ).

Where did the time go ?, Well, With the various Funster meet ups and parties time flies :Cool:

Seriously Morocco is a great place with something for everyone , mountains , deserts, beaches, Shopping , food and best of all Sunshine and maybe a sand storm or a bit of snow,

But Hey ho this is Morocco :ROFLMAO: Give it try.. :thumb:

DECEMBER 2014 / MARCH 2015 MOROCCO HERE WE COME :thumb: INSHALLAH :Cool:

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have only touched on this thread so far and have jumped from 'why do they do it' to 'when can we do it'

I don't think I am brave enough (yet) but have done a lot of impulsive things in my life.....................

so why not Morocco 14/15?? :thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
As Janine said above, check out Broken Link Removed

for Pinkie's happy ending! I think she is particularly brave!

Last edited:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not A Good Day :cry:

Driving along the R301 from Sidi Kaouki to Oualididia , lovely road , mile after mile of pine forests gentle sweeping bends with beautiful sea views ,:Cool:

Speed limits , up and down like a whores drawers :ROFLMAO: from 40k,60k,80k to 100k and back again :Doh:

Going up hill cruise control set at 47mph ( 74k) in a 80k section road bears left and there is a 60k sign , i knocks of the cruise control and in the middle of the road are 2 very official Policemen very smart , loads of scrambled egg on their lapels :Smile:

Good morning says he , French he asks, no says i , so he calls the other cop over with even more scrabled egg ::bigsmile:
Can i see you car details says he , you were speeding i looks round and hidden in the tree next to me is a cop with a camera :Eeek:

You were doing 74k in a 60k limit and proudly shows me a 2 second video of me coming round the bend over the brow of the hill :Blush:

300 Dirhams but at least i got some paper work to frame when i get home :ROFLMAO:

We have covered nearly 3,000 miles in 10 weeks in Morocco with only about 300 more miles to do ..........:Doh:

On the positive side ,,, he gave us some suggestions for wild camping and places to visit further up the coast ,:winky:

Hey Ho Welcome to Morocco :ROFLMAO: :thumb::

we are now at Oualidia on a council aire 25d /24hours , looking out over the fishing lake and about 200mt from the sea lagoon , very clean, and out of the wind , N32*43.934 W9*02.621

Heading for Casablanca tomorrow
Malcoms carpark GPS N33*36.19 W7*38.02 Mosquee Hassan 11.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Have a nice day watch a FROG spoil it. We are in quite a large field with loads of room. People have come and gone over two days. Then Henri Numteefooker turns up with his quad in tow and decides to park 6ft from our hab door with his door facing ours. Doesn't speak English or so he says and gesticulates to Lynda as if masturbating when we told him shift up a bit. How he didn't get a stitch on his nose is anybody's guess. Now the rest of the flock have arrived and are also jockeying for slots in between vans. What is it with the French ????

Ignorant, arrogant and plain stupid - they can't even park parallel. They think they own Morrocco but the reality is the Morroccans detest them. Mon Dieu

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Long way to come for just one month Brian when you have a three month visa :Eeek:

That was always the plan. Two months on the road is all we can take.

But I have to say, we had had enough of the roads, the poverty and the begging. I saw a young mum asleep on the street, with her daughter on top next to where we were going for a meal, it seemed so wrong to be flaunting our great wealth under those circumstances. I think we are exploiting those people.

But there were many positive things too.

funman

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
la Strada Hi Top
Exp
Since 1972
Progress report

Now parked up at Souira Kedima as it says on the Michelin map. Thanks for the co-ordinates, Suggy. It's an official aire on a hard flat layby, next to the beach, between Essaouira and Safi. Lots of holiday flats opposite. Not very exciting but it'll do for the night.

Last night's spot was nice, at Sidi Kaouki a little south of Essaouira. There are two campsites there. We went in the cheapskate one (the second), called Paradise or somesuch, which was roomier and not like a prison as the expensive one was. It was very draughty though! All our goods got covered in black dust. Bought a nice looking fish from a man, not eaten it yet, asked him to gut it but he took it's head away! He'll probably sell it to someone. Bakery man came on a donkey, very nice for tourists.

Going back in time, after leaving Tafraoute we went to Taroudant (fine city walls, main motorhome area nice but crowded, we went in car park round the corner, a bit seedy), then Taliouine intending to go up mountains. It took 3 hours to drive 100 k along the main N10 road because the surface was just terrible. Camped at Auberge Toubkal just by Taliouine. This was quite nice but we had hail and thunder & lightning in the night. Decided to go back towards the coast and skip the mountains, as weather and roads had defeated us. The yellow road back towards Agadir was much better than the main road! That Michelin map's rubbish, isn't it? The best road we went on wasn't even marked! (part of the way from Tafraoute to Biougra, bypassing Ait-Baha). Spent a night at Tifnite, wild camp. That was a nice spot. The restaurant tout there had a Mobylette moped with a little metal plate affixed, saying it was first registered in France in 1957! It still worked too, well, I only saw him going downhill, come to think of it... His restaurant turned out to be a plastic table on the beach and 2 chairs, and a sign "Restaurant Maximes" but no staff! We went home for a tin of sardines again. Then a night at Taghazoute, watched the surfers, had a swim! The rest I've already described.

Anyway, best wishes to all the Funsters, keep on truckin',
Nick the flute & Jean the uke

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We had an interesting run to meknes yesterday with Kiwi and Chrisboyo.
Well, actually the run was plain sailing, it was when we got to meekness that things got interesting.
We tried to follow Malcolm's instructions to find the guardian parking but went wrong (as we found out later) at the first turn quite literally.
We ended up being directed down a street next to some of the city walls which was barely wide enough for our van fortunately nothing was coming the other way. After about half a mile of this we had to do a 90degree right turn through one of the narrow city gates in the wall.
Now on one of the innumerable motorbikes in the city it wouldn't be a problem. A donkey cart or one of the horse drawn caleches would be straightforward. A family car even would be easy if you took it slowly.
However a 9metre tag axle Motorhome needs a bit of space (actually a lot of space) to turn and space is what we didn't have
There were two things that saved us from complete disaster. The first was a policeman stationed at the gate who stopped all the traffic while we sorted ourselves out.
The second thing was a little courtyard opposite the gate to our left into which we managed after a couple of goes forwards and backwards to get our nose into (the little van parked there didn't make it easy).
Now all we had to do was to REVERSE through the gate!
Now we have had the issue with this Fiat Comfortmatic auto box since we first got it that when having to negotiate tight spaces at slow speed especially refers and especially uphill in reverse that the clutch overheats and warning bells start ringing in the cab.
So when Gwen finally got the van reversed through the gate into the courtyard beyond and then did a U turn despite all the bells ringing and lights flashing on the dashboard there was a strong smell of hot clutch.
Chris managed to get his PVC round the corner and through the gate in one go (just) and then Colin did the same trick as us by reversing through the gate but had a bit more space.
Colin continued on to scout out the parking spot while we planned to wait until the clutch cooled down a bit. Two minutes later Colin was on the walkie talkie telling us to get a move on as he had sorted three spaces with the guardian but two French Vans had just turned up.
We carried on down a narrow lane the the parking area and arrived just as a minibus was vacating a space next to Colin. One of the French vans had to move to let the minibus out and as he did Gwen drove straight into the spot.
Cue a minute of a frog hopping up and down shouting "that's my spot" to no avail. As it was Colin had arranged for the bus to move so we could get in and the French people did get parked eventually so all was well.
Beer O clock was well enjoyed that night!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
That was always the plan. Two months on the road is all we can take.

But I have to say, we had had enough of the roads, the poverty and the begging. I saw a young mum asleep on the street, with her daughter on top next to where we were going for a meal, it seemed so wrong to be flaunting our great wealth under those circumstances. I think we are exploiting those people.

But there were many positive things too.
I didn't think a like was appropriate Brian, so I gave you a thanks, ie, for highlighting the poverty. Rita and I would have been humbled, and experienced feelings of guilt too, had we witnessed it ourselves. :Sad:

Regards,

Jock.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi All,
Not a good end to a fantastic eight weeks in Morocco where we met up with many of the Funsters, but for those that have heard of Judy's problems, I will post an update.

After a couple of days at Camping Zebra at the Cascades we had a fantastic drive across the mountains, stopping at a peninsular sticking into the middle of a gigantic reservoir near Ouaoumana, (The one that MAKEMS didn't manage to get to), it was a beautiful place but quite remote with no internet or phone signal.

Judy got very ill overnight on the 4th March, we were parked on our own and she ran out of medicine so we decided we should move on to get some more medicine at Khenifra, Judy quite enjoyed the scenic drive to Azrou but went down quite a bit overnight and spent the whole of Wednesday sleeping between dashes to the loo. Although we have been told that there are some really good clinics in Morocco mainly at Marrakesh, that would mean going a long way back so we decided to make a dash for Spain on Thursday 6th.
After the very bumpy 400km drive we arrived at Tanger Med Port at about 8pm plenty of time to get through the checks for the 11pm, although it would have been 100 km further I wish we had decided to take the Motorway.
The ferry finally arrived at half past midnight then they spent almost 2 hours loading dozens of artic trailers and lorries just squeezing the cars and us onto the end but we were on, we managed to get a bit of a doze as the crossing was extremely smooth then had to reverse off as they had put us on forwards between all the lorries so we could hardly open our doors to get in or out of the van. We left the Algeceras Port at 4:30am and had intended to sleep at Algeceras but Steve was wide awake so decided to motor on through the night to our friends who live near Alacante. We finally arrived a bit later than intended after a 600 km drive but we did stop a couple of times for a snooze.

In the morning our friends took us to a local pharmacy where they spoke English in fact they were English. They gave us some more medicine and a drink to replace the essential Salts & Minerals. She wasn't getting worse now but she also wasn't getting better. So do we go to hospital in Spain or drive home to France, Judy opted for France especially as it was Sunday so we set off at 6:30 am for the 860 km drive and arrived Home at 11:30pm. Unfortunately the internet had stopped working and also our phone was unusable as it had a very loud hissing noise on it. Luckily we didn't have an emergency over night

We saw our Doctor just after lunch on Monday, Judy had lost five kilos in five days, he was very concerned and immediately sent us to the laboratory for a blood test insisting that I return to his office at 6pm by which time he would have the results emailed to him, he gave me prescriptions for two saline drips and the Nurses to administer them at home. Luckily the Pharmacy had what we needed because at 8pm the Nurse was at the door and shortly after we had a saline bottle hanging from the light fitting above Judy's chair. The bottle finished at midnight and she had a reasonable nights sleep then another Nurse arrived on Tuesday morning and set up the second bottle much amused by me hanging it from the light fitting. (Do the French have a drip stand to hand at home, just in case??)

I managed to get her to eat a bit of boiled rice an Monday and Tuesday evenings cooked in a vegetable stock for taste and a few vitamins and Wednesday she was very weak but a bit better. I managed to jerry rig another internet aerial last night and emailed a report to the doctor this morning and he shortly after called at the house in response to check up on her and give her another prescription this time for an antibiotic and miraculously the phone started working again.

Today Friday she seems to be over the worst and can start getting stronger because yesterday she looked like a little old lady in the chair.

The annoying thing is that we hardly ever ate out in Morocco preferring to be in control of our own food, whereas many of the others were eating out all the time including salads which we steer well clear of. Also it is our sixth visit so pretty well old hands at it.

We think it may have been a bug on some peanuts bought from a market, she thought one tasted a bit musty and went down soon after eating them.

But it certainly won't put us off and we will most likely be there next year and look forward to meeting up with all the Funsters again, next event will be Peterborough. See you then.
Regards to All.
Steve & Judy

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
we had had enough of the roads, the poverty and the begging. ......... it seemed so wrong to be flaunting our great wealth................ I think we are exploiting those people.

Very sad to hear that reaction from you to Morocco. You must remember that it is still partly an Islamic country, although they are trying to become Secular, and Begging is very much part of the religion. And poverty like in many European countries is often an occupation in its self.
We first visited Morocco 42 years ago (as Hippies) and have visited many times since and have had very many conversations with Moroccans and have a very dear friend who lives in Aouri not far from Tagazoute. In all those conversations never has "Our Great Wealth" been mentioned in any way other than positive in that the country needs Tourism and Camping Car Tourism brings benefit directly to the locals whereas Hotel Tourism mainly puts money in the pockets of the International Hotel groups.

How many times did you hear the phrase "Welcome in Morocco" that is a genuine emotion very often expressed.
The pounds and euros we spend helps the country ease its poorer folk out of the ways they have been living for centuries. Just look at the teenagers, many working hard to get the things money can buy.
We spend freely when we go to Morocco but on our friends advice always ensure we only pay a little more than the locals. So that they do not feel they can exploit tourists and kill the golden Goose.
There is Free Schooling, healthcare and welfare in Morocco, but it takes a long while for customs to change.
Steve

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
O A T's

i got a bug at Ouzoud , had a meal at the cascades with salad Rosie did not eat hers though .

i was running n chucking for nearly 6 days, :Eeek:

i got so i could hardly move was gushing sweat and halucinating ,

Our biggest problem was that Rosie cannot drive the van ,

It was fortunate that we were at Camping Zebra and Paul / Renata at Zebra got me some Cepsen from Azila €20 for 10 tablets but within 2 days i was back on my feet ,

we have bought some more to keep in the van ,:thumb:as Amoxicillin only work above the stomach not the intestines and beyond , i am told :Smile:

Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Have a nice day watch a FROG spoil it. We are in quite a large field with loads of room. People have come and gone over two days. Then Henri Numteefooker turns up with his quad in tow and decides to park 6ft from our hab door with his door facing ours. Doesn't speak English or so he says and gesticulates to Lynda as if masturbating when we told him shift up a bit. How he didn't get a stitch on his nose is anybody's guess. Now the rest of the flock have arrived and are also jockeying for slots in between vans. What is it with the French ????

Ignorant, arrogant and plain stupid - they can't even park parallel. They think they own Morrocco but the reality is the Morroccans detest them. Mon Dieu

I thought I would give this a serious test as I had heard a lot of stories about the close parking...... so when we arrived at Cascades D'Ozoud I parked close to a French van who was parked right on the line marking the pitches. this was so we could put the chairs out between Mike and myself. No sooner than I had parked but he was out like a shot telling me in French that he thought I was parked too close. with arms waving and babbling in French I made out I thought he was complementing me for parking straight and not close, where-upon he gave up and went back into his van. thus proving the French like parking close to each other and not you English people... (at the time I had not disclosed that I was Kiwi and he naturally assumed that I was English from the number plates). However in the interest in your Anglo / French relations I did move over a bit and he seemed happy although he never showed his face to thank me. which was a shame as I would have pointed out that if he had not parked right on the line then I would not have been able to park close to him. Still I feel I have helped to repair some of the feeling between you fellas and the Frogs.
I await all the feedback from the readers thanking me for my efforts.
Viva La France

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How many times did you hear the phrase "Welcome in Morocco" that is a genuine emotion very often expressed.
The pounds and euros we spend helps the country ease its poorer folk
Steve

Oh yes, lovely people and we must be helping them but I was expressing my gut feelings not cold logic.

I did wonder just how lovely they really are when in a country where you are never out of site of a Mosque or state enforcer of some sort, it's ruled by an iron hand. One young Moroccan expressed the view that democracy was not suitable for Moroccans.

Arnica

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
Bolton le Sands Carnforth
Funster No
MH
Geist Touring 652 C Class
Exp
Nine years
Editors Correction

10.0am Tanger-Med & the 10 0' clock ferry arrived 09.50 :)thumb:) For us the fat lady has sung (we think) & we're sitting quayside waiting in warm sunshine,cool breeze. We have yet to enter & exit Morocco completely smoothly, todays hitch was a keen-eyed desk-lady noting that my name was not the same on Passport as on ferry ticket which presumably made Arnold either a bigamist or wife-deserter :Eeek: After stern interrogation & warning that if it occurred again he would have to buy 'new ticket for new woman' we were allowed to progress. Not sure what influence a couple of semii-official guys had on the outcome but they seemed to think they deserved recognition for their efforts which amounted to a packet of cigs & a 5E note (half their initial bargaining price). Thought we had managed to escape the eye of Moroccan officialdom & kept our slates clean but at the 11th hour.....the message here is if you enter as part of a 'group deal' make sure the person responsible for purchasing your ticket does not inadvertently either marry or divorce you in the process, perhaps persons buying tickets for others make note but the responsibility lies clearly with the group member!
2nd tip of day from us - had a quiet if windy overnight at a park up very handy for Tanger Med being aprox 5km away, above a sandy bay,at the entrance of a small harbour Ksar-Es-Seghir (no 13 Vicarious Books co-ord N35 50.945 W 005 33.649 says room for 5 - only us there). A gendarmerie security post (for harbour) a few yards away, we obtained their permission without bribery :thumb:
So farewell to Morocco for 2014, like many others our attitude changed from 'well we'll go just once more - in our case so Arnold could walk around a bit as last year on crutches - to must visit this place, that place next year'. Whether its the sunshine, souks, cycling, walking, eating, Berber culture, socialising ++ or combination thereof there's lots for everyone's interests. Thanks to old friends & new friends for the chats, laughs, handy tips, practical assistance when necessary,musical entertainment :Cool: & lots more; look forward to seeing you again in Morocco or even closer to home, Inshallah. Safe travels to all of you lucky people who are still south of us. Carol & Arnold.

All who wander are not lost

Would like to make an Editors Correction to our past post as there was a typo..... in relation to staying at Ksar-Es-Seghir, the word 'bribery' slipped thro' proof reading. We would never consider using bribery with police or any other officials in Morocco or even inducements :Blush:. Just for the record we have always found them courteous & helpful. Carol

' adventure before dementia' :ROFLMAO:

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
I thought I would give this a serious test as I had heard a lot of stories about the close parking.......... Still I feel I have helped to repair some of the feeling between you fellas and the Frogs.
I await all the feedback from the readers thanking me for my efforts.
Viva La France

I've always been impressed with antipodean diplomatic skills and Kiwi scientific inquisitiveness but think you've taken them to a new level Coss. ............

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have Fun. :Smile:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We watched a Frog this morning at 7,30am walk across the parking aire , cassette in hand ,

oh thinks i , there is a cassette point , just near us :thumb:

No , he calmly walks over to the lake and empties his casette in the bushes , just as some more French were walking past with their dogs , :BigGrin

All the other French do is bid him good morning and stand talking :Eeek:

We are now in Cassablanca near the Mosquee ,:Cool:

it is manic :Eeek: huge exposition on directly opposite , trafic manic :Doh:

seen 4 speed traps this morning and about a dozen check points :Doh:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We moved ten feet away from the numptie who rubbed us up yesterday to enable us to put out our chairs. More French arrive with quads in trailers. The operative tells them where to park and they totally ignore him. Most others are parked parallel of a fashion but the latest two arrivals have packed askew across another Frenchie's bows (mates of numptie) and he has barley enough room now to put a chair out, and all he can see from his hab door is the quad trailer.

The French have skant regard for campsite etiquette and spacing and just treat the place as an Aire and as if they own it. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We watched a Frog this morning at 7,30am walk across the parking aire , cassette in hand ,

oh thinks i , there is a cassette point , just near us :thumb:

No , he calmly walks over to the lake and empties his casette in the bushes , just as some more French were walking past with their dogs , :BigGrin

All the other French do is bid him good morning and stand talking :Eeek:

We are now in Cassablanca near the Mosquee ,:Cool:

it is manic :Eeek: huge exposition on directly opposite , trafic manic :Doh:

seen 4 speed traps this morning and about a dozen check points :Doh:

It is Le Weekend even in Casablanca - second largest city - bound to be busy :Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We moved ten feet away from the numptie who rubbed us up yesterday to enable us to put out our chairs. More French arrive with quads in trailers. The operative tells them where to park and they totally ignore him. Most others are parked parallel of a fashion but the latest two arrivals have packed askew across another Frenchie's bows (mates of numptie) and he has barley enough room now to put a chair out, and all he can see from his hab door is the quad trailer.

The French have skant regard for campsite etiquette and spacing and just treat the place as an Aire and as if they own it. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

You'll like this.......

Got off ferry in Algeciras, two lines to exit, then two frogs scream up the outside spare ground, get level with us and sticks his new big Dethleffs nose in.

So I close up a bit to show my displeasure.

He edges forwards.

OK frog, it's like this and I turn towards him this time. Now an inch or so, his wife going frantic.

England 1 : France 0.

Made my night I can tell you.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Now in camping touristique at Rabat ,

We have only seen 2 M.H. on the road today but all roads have been packed , big queues at the fuel stations , is it a bank holiday ?.

Campsite here packed in like sardines :Eeek:
about 3 italians couple of germans and around 100 french , and 1 British van ....:Doh: (us)

Aparently it is the Frog morocco exodus weekend , they hit the souke here then run for the port :Smile:

Just had to move the van over a foot , Frog with jam jars for glasses, with a 8mt van with a huge scooter rack , has just parked on the oposite side of the main way through the site and has left hardley any space to get through between him and us :Eeek:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have new neighbours - a charming German couple in a Hymer and he speaks excellent English. In addition about four Dutch vans have arrived.

Henri Numpteefooker was taking two electrical sockets out of six. One for his van and one for his hotplate positioned on his quad trailer which was taking up an extra bay. I pointed this out to the nice Dutchmen who promptly unplugged the hotplate and plugged his van into the now spare socket. Make em have it I say.

As I pointed out to Henri yesterday 'vous ne possedez pas Maroc, vous etes invites ici la meme chose que tout le monde'!

you do not own Morooco you are invited here like the rest of us

Apologies for leaving out acute and grave accents and for any other grammatical mistakes from my O level French of umpteen years ago.

Last edited:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Beer o'clock today was enlivened by a French van towing a trailer that came steaming into the guardian parking at Meknes.
My first thought was, ooh there's a van just like ours.
However Monsieur frog clearly forgot that there is an enormous rear overhang on his Burstner Elegance and as he swung into his parking spot his tail end sideswiped a school bus parked up. The school bus looked brand new but now had rather a large dent on its rear quarter panel
Of course it wasn't Monsieur frogs fault! No, it was the guardians for pointing him to this spot, or the bus drivers for being in the wrong place.
He marched about taking lots of photos while his wife argued with all and sundry.
The police were sat in their van watching all of this and probably waiting for Monsieur to accept fault and open his wallet.
When it was clear no such thing was going to happen any time soon our resident diplomat Kiwi Coss decided to intervene. He suggested to the gendarmes that Monsieur frog should be fined 1000 dirhams. Gendarme no 1 thought that was too lenient and said it would be 2000 dirhams!
They got out of their van and got stuck in and wrote out a ticket. Monsieur frog was not happy and his wife even less so giving everybody the benefit of her no doubt excellent responsibility avoidance skills.
After an hour or so things settled down and peace returned to beer o'clock.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
x-ray

OK what are they so keen to keep ? We entered and were asked if we had weapons or Catholic books.

On exit they slowed everything down by x-raying every vehicle.

What were they looking for ?

Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Beer o'clock today was enlivened by a French van towing a trailer that came steaming into the guardian parking at Meknes.
My first thought was, ooh there's a van just like ours.
However Monsieur frog clearly forgot that there is an enormous rear overhang on his Burstner Elegance and as he swung into his parking spot his tail end sideswiped a school bus parked up. The school bus looked brand new but now had rather a large dent on its rear quarter panel
Of course it wasn't Monsieur frogs fault! No, it was the guardians for pointing him to this spot, or the bus drivers for being in the wrong place.
He marched about taking lots of photos while his wife argued with all and sundry.
The police were sat in their van watching all of this and probably waiting for Monsieur to accept fault and open his wallet.
When it was clear no such thing was going to happen any time soon our resident diplomat Kiwi Coss decided to intervene. He suggested to the gendarmes that Monsieur frog should be fined 1000 dirhams. Gendarme no 1 thought that was too lenient and said it would be 2000 dirhams!
They got out of their van and got stuck in and wrote out a ticket. Monsieur frog was not happy and his wife even less so giving everybody the benefit of her no doubt excellent responsibility avoidance skills.
After an hour or so things settled down and peace returned to beer o'clock.

After all my valiant attempts at peacekeeping and Franco / Moroccan relationship building, the Frogs had left between beer O'clock and returning from dinner. They cant have appreciated my efforts as there were no thankyou messages on my motorhome acknowledging my peacekeeping interventions. No doubt they will be sending my 100d fee in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back