10% Funster discount, campsite in The Lot, France. (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Jackie and I are lucky enough to be working at Chateau de Lacomté campsite in France for the summer. It is a 4* adult only Site set in the grounds of the chateau.
It is located between the Lot and Dordogne rivers, just 10km off the A20, roughly halfway between Limoges and Toulouse, close to Rocamadour.

All pitches have water, drain and electric, and are set out amongst the woodland in a lovely valley. Every size can be accommodated, even American RV’s.

It is owned and run by English couple Stuart & Shiela, and staffed by, well......me and Jak, and another couple who also happen to be funsters ;) and a few other folk throughout the season. There is - of course - a nice bar and terrace, fabulous pool, and restaurant serving both snacks on the terrace during the day, and also an a la carte menu serving local produce and a typically French cuisine menu. ( I’ll grab a photo of the menu later in the week and post it so you can see, and the prices aren’t silly for France either :p)

There is live music every week on the terrace, as well as BBQ nights, curry nights, quiz’s and all manner of shenanigans going on throughout the season, or you can simply relax in the beautiful surroundings and enjoy the ample wildlife that is all around. ( ......bloody cuckoo’s keep me awake, might have to shoot a few:imoutahere:)

Anyway, here’s the link so you can have a look for yourself......

It did cross my mind to organise a rally, but as we’re working I may not be able to be the full time genial host that I usually am..............:whistle2: ........that said, if there were enough interest for a particular period, I’m sure we could sort something out :clap2:

Anyway, enough from me........I spoke to the Guvnor Stuart and he is happy to offer a 10% discount to Funsters, just say you’re from MHF and if he needs his memory jogging just say you’re with ‘Dave’ :wink:

Hope to see some of you over the summer:cooler:

EC35F61E-719A-4EAB-A460-DC99C58F1C7A.jpeg

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Jackie and I are lucky enough to be working at Chateau de Lacomté campsite in France for the summer. It is a 4* adult only Site set in the grounds of the chateau.
It is located between the Lot and Dordogne rivers, just 10km off the A20, roughly halfway between Limoges and Toulouse, close to Rocamadour.

All pitches have water, drain and electric, and are set out amongst the woodland in a lovely valley. Every size can be accommodated, even American RV’s.

It is owned and run by English couple Stuart & Shiela, and staffed by, well......me and Jak, and another couple who also happen to be funsters ;) and a few other folk throughout the season. There is - of course - a nice bar and terrace, fabulous pool, and restaurant serving both snacks on the terrace during the day, and also an a la carte menu serving local produce and a typically French cuisine menu. ( I’ll grab a photo of the menu later in the week and post it so you can see, and the prices aren’t silly for France either :p)

There is live music every week on the terrace, as well as BBQ nights, curry nights, quiz’s and all manner of shenanigans going on throughout the season, or you can simply relax in the beautiful surroundings and enjoy the ample wildlife that is all around. ( ......bloody cuckoo’s keep me awake, might have to shoot a few:imoutahere:)

Anyway, here’s the link so you can have a look for yourself......

It did cross my mind to organise a rally, but as we’re working I may not be able to be the full time genial host that I usually am..............:whistle2: ........that said, if there were enough interest for a particular period, I’m sure we could sort something out :clap2:

Anyway, enough from me........I spoke to the Guvnor Stuart and he is happy to offer a 10% discount to Funsters, just say you’re from MHF and if he needs his memory jogging just say you’re with ‘Dave’ :wink:

Hope to see some of you over the summer:cooler:

View attachment 228194
You are both working!!!!
Got bored with the FLT camping?!!!
Enjoy and it looks an amazing site!, duly noted for the future!!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I just seen the rates 49 to 60 Euro a night plus booking fee. You’re give a lot on here a heart attack at those prices, haha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Is it a swingers site?

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Looks very nice, and only a couple of hours from where we now live. May well see you there before the season’s out, as we’re intending to visit Rocamadour again when it’s actually all open and the weather’s better than when we were last there in November.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I just seen the rates 49 to 60 Euro a night plus booking fee. You’re give a lot on here a heart attack at those prices, haha
Not sure what you’re looking at, there are lodges and statics and a gite, also there are what they call ‘freedom pitches’ which include a hire car, otherwise the standard pitch fees are very reasonable.
I just clicked on 1st June for 1night....€14. 1st July the same, and 1st August €25.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I am never normally allowed to do any paper work etc so you must forgive me. Sorry.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
When are you there till and is it ACSI?
It used to be, but they were charging him €2500 per year for a listing! So this year he stopped doing it, but will still accept the discount card for this year only at €19 I believe, even though they are no longer in the book, but he said he would honour anyone who turned up this year with a card (y)
Fair play to him.

We are here till mid September..............if we last that long :rofl:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
It does look good but I would need to see photos of your wife before I book:D2
In any particular state of undress or pose/position? How about an action shot? Let me know and I’ll see if she has suitable imagery in her portfolio... :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Looks lovely but on our next trip to France taking car and staying in hotels (not my choice)

One thing that struck me when viewing the website, how did they get the google street camera car to drive through the toilets! :eek:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Cheers, will keep that in mind, I must of checked the wrong bit as well, i got a price of 147 for 3nights in June.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Your wife is Kelly Brooke?!!:LOL:
My smalls don’t look like that!!:(

Not my wife Anthea. I think she is just an admirer

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Back to the OP
We were looking at the website this pm to come and visit you hopefully end of June, I thought the prices were good. Do you still want bacon bringing if we come?

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Anyone worried bout the internet prices, just call or email direct for what you want, expensive it ain’t (y)
Mention Motorhomefun or better still Dave, it will be sorted. And I’m not on commission, honest. ( probably the first honest thing I’ve ever said on here :rofl:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back