10% Funster discount, campsite in The Lot, France. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
My advice, for what it’s worth, is if you intend visiting here, dont book it, just turn up, no need to pay the reservation fee then ( which is an admin fee apparently) and don’t forget to ask for your funster discount.

It is a big site, and never totally full up. There will always be a pitch available (y)

( can always pm me.......;))

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Don’t even know what that is!
Click on the link to the site you gave us in your OP and scroll down to the end. There are several logos including Camping caravaning club ACSI ,Anwb,ADAC and then comes the one I'm talking about (except I made a mistake it is ANCV). These are companies/firms checks for their employees to be used on campsites or restaurants instead of cash or bank cards. Having that logo means they do accept these checks. ...... I have them!

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
@BreweryDave

Ok made a few searches and YES they are registered and accept this way of payment.

In any case, as you are working there, I would have PMed you what to do so they were not going to have troubles. My point was mainly to avoid any disaster. French customers can be very agressive when they feel cheated. Everything 's fine!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Click on the link to the site you gave us in your OP and scroll down to the end. There are several logos including Camping caravaning club ACSI ,Anwb,ADAC and then comes the one I'm talking about (except I made a mistake it is ANCV). These are companies/firms checks for their employees to be used on campsites or restaurants instead of cash or bank cards. Having that logo means they do accept these checks. ...... I have them!
Just wanted to mention Frankie that in England a payment is made via a 'cheque', the American term is 'check' ... it confused me reading your earlier postings until I realised you meant a payment rather than an English 'check' meaning to confirm something etc (although it is also a Chess move!):

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/check.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
so you got the job then, give our best regards to S & S will you and ask them where our xmas card got to this year.......

This is the most fantastic site, Ive laid on my back many night watching the stars and the satellite's go over...................

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Same chef, it’s Shiela, Stuart’s ( Basil Fawlty! ) wife!
I wouldnt call him odd, but definitely a character, and so far good to work for, he’s on the same page as me worryingly :rofl:

Yes, it is out in the sticks, hence he has cars available for clients use, €30 per day you put the fuel in. Otherwise, it’s just a nice relaxing place to stay for a few days we’ll away from the rat race, and enjoy the facilities and the ambience, the pool, the tennis court, the bar, terrace and restaurant. I would say however, arrive well stocked as the nearest shops are about 10 miles away:cycle:

I know Stuart very well and Daves description is very apt, a nicer couple would be hard to find,

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I missed the fact that dogs are €5 a night. I can’t find anything on the web site regarding the facilities provided for dogs - but may have missed that too.
That is correct. Whilst there are no specific facilities, there are acres of woodland and open meadows when they can run about all day long!
The site sounds great BUT I really hate it when they charge for dogs for no reason! The areas you mention are available to humans FOC as part of their booking but stick 2 more legs on and they suddenly end up having to pay €5 a night extra for the privilege! An extra human is €7 a night but they at least get to use the toilets/showers/pool etc ... so what DOES a dog get for €5 ... nowt it appears.

Sorry, just one of my pet hates ... literally!

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
The site sounds great BUT I really hate it when they charge for dogs for no reason! The areas you mention are available to humans FOC as part of their booking but stick 2 more legs on and they suddenly end up having to pay €5 a night extra for the privilege! An extra human is €7 a night but they at least get to use the toilets/showers/pool etc ... so what DOES a dog get for €5 ... nowt it appears.

Couldnt agree more. If I weren’t here working with a free pitch and a few other perks, it’s not a place I’d visit for that reason alone!

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Dave please give Anthony out best whishes for his wedding, is he still a light weight drinker

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Just wanted to mention Frankie that in England a payment is made via a 'cheque', the American term is 'check' ... it confused me reading your earlier postings until I realised you meant a payment rather than an English 'check' meaning to confirm something etc (although it is also a Chess move!):

Thank you ever so much, there's nothing worse than repeating a mistake just because .... one hasn't checked ;) the word's spelling in the first place. I did know about the verb "to check" but for some reason I thought that the noun "cheque" looked far too much French, hence my "check" instead!
Anyway, it's good to know that some people are not afraid to point out my mistakes.... there can't be any improvement without correction, and I always insist on the fact that I do appreciate to be corrected! Thanks again!(y);):)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you ever so much, there's nothing worse than repeating a mistake just because .... one hasn't checked ;) the word's spelling in the first place. I did know about the verb "to check" but for some reason I thought that the noun "cheque" looked far too much French, hence my "check" instead!
Anyway, it's good to know that some people are not afraid to point out my mistakes.... there can't be any improvement without correction, and I always insist on the fact that I do appreciate to be corrected! Thanks again!(y);):)
Your English is amazing Frankie compared with my crappy bonjour and au re voir!!!!(y)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Will pass on your regards. It’s not his wedding, it’s their daughter Victoria.
Guess we shall find out this evening !

I fondly remember when Victoria was little shouting "come and see the aminals" when the circus came to visit.

Once when Anthony had his rugby? buddies in drinking with straws out of a big bucket, I picked the bucket up and downed it

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... but for some reason I thought that the noun "cheque" looked far too much French, hence my "check" instead!
We probably nicked the word in the first place ... :D

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Perhaps you’d be less peed off if you didn’t have three dogs. :eek:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

I also hate it and having two it can add considerably to the cost of the holiday..

however, there is a cost of providing dog waste bins and having them emptied and the mess disposed of .. Waste collected in dog bins is classed as clinical waste and must be disposed of by incineration, and when people don't clear it up, someone has to do it .. but I suspect in many cases the real reason is they would rather not have dogs at all, so a charge is levied to deter.

What upsets me more is Adults only sites, but that is a reflection on 'modern parenting' not on the kids.. .. the "let them loose to do as they like" method.. has resulted in kids roaming feral on sites , riding bikes around and though pitches, kicking balls against vans, etc .. while parents sit under the awning getting pi$$ed , blissfully unaware or not caring what the little darlings are doing.. so while It upsets me I've seen why it is becoming more common in the UK ..

As for this campsite.. nice of @BreweryDave to get the discount and post it on Fun.. thanks

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
But "check" is how the Americans spell "cheque" - so you are only partially wrong. :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

I thought correcting spelling or grammar was against Fun rules.. ? https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/spelling-grammar.15943/

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I thought correcting spelling or grammar was against Fun rules.. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/spelling-grammar.15943/
Thanks Jim, but I'm sure Jim (the Boss) understands I'm asking for spelling correction or any other kind of correction as I still learn. Also when asked I correct mistakes in French directly on thread, or in a PM if I don't know the person. I know that some people might take it as an offence, so wouldn't do it in public..... but as we say "Professeur un jour, professeur toujours"... I can't help it:D

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Totally agree @scotjimland. Personally I think Frankie’s command of English is exemplary. There are many English people for example, who don’t know the difference between ‘their’ and ‘there’, ‘who’s’ and ‘whose’, ‘affect’ and ‘effect’, ‘principal’ and ‘principle’ to name but a few.

It would be interesting to see if @Minxy Girl was as sharp grammatically in French.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Oh Dear... Sorry @BreweryDave for hijacking your thread.... One of Funsters' habits lol.... I better carry on with my luggage.... Mathis, Granny is on her way!!!:Grin: :h::h:
If I hadn't been in a hurry I would have called in and had a look at the campsite:france:.
May be on my way back!:hi5:

Amicalement
Frankie:):)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
But "check" is how the Americans spell "cheque" - so you are only partially wrong. :)
I did say that in my posting to Frankie to explain the difference as she likes to know how we (English) do stuff.
I thought correcting spelling or grammar was against Fun rules.. ? https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/spelling-grammar.15943/
Totally agree @scotjimland. Personally I think Frankie’s command of English is exemplary. There are many English people for example, who don’t know the difference between ‘their’ and ‘there’, ‘who’s’ and ‘whose’, ‘affect’ and ‘effect’, ‘principal’ and ‘principle’ to name but a few.

It would be interesting to see if @Minxy Girl was as sharp grammatically in French.
Frankie's English is extremely good ... I don't make any claims of being anything like proficient in French grammatically or otherwise.

Frankie has said previously that she wants to know if she gets something not quite right, for a native English speaker I wouldn't have mentioned it.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
That’s enough......we’re offo_O

Lovely place, and I wouldn’t dissuade anyone from visiting, but it’s just not for us. Way too isolated for a long term prospect. It’s a 40 km round trip to go to the closest supermarket, and there’s nothing around the site to walk or even cycle to, I think we are townies not countryfolk:LOL: one bar is simply not enough:p

For those guests that are here, they love it, love the quiet and the surroundings etc but those that know us will know where I’m coming from;)

So, gave notice yesterday that we’ll be off next week, I think summer on the Algarve sounds good (y):cool:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
That’s enough......we’re offo_O

Lovely place, and I wouldn’t dissuade anyone from visiting, but it’s just not for us. Way too isolated for a long term prospect. It’s a 40 km round trip to go to the closest supermarket, and there’s nothing around the site to walk or even cycle to, I think we are townies not countryfolk:LOL: one bar is simply not enough:p

For those guests that are here, they love it, love the quiet and the surroundings etc but those that know us will know where I’m coming from;)

So, gave notice yesterday that we’ll be off next week, I think summer on the Algarve sounds good (y):cool:

Hi Dave and Jacquie!

Gosh I came just in time then! Thanks again for your warm welcome and for the book.... I have now 2 yearbooks lol as some nice Boss @Jim on here sent one to me and I found myself with 2 the same day! LOL !

Enjoy your summer in the Algarve!
Amicalement
Frankie xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back