10% Funster discount, campsite in The Lot, France. (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Looks a very nice place to stay, looked at the reviews and had a laugh about some of the negative ones, one said the owner is like Basil Fawlty:LOL:
Wonder what reviews you will generate Dave:)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Anyone worried bout the internet prices, just call or email direct for what you want, expensive it ain’t (y))

Up to mid July I worked out the following:

Single pitch (1 person) = €14
Additional person. = €7
2 x dogs. = €10
10 A electricity. = €6

Total for one night = €37

I’ve paid more (probably only in the UK) but mostly pay much less than that.

I’d probably be prepared to give the place a try but the number of nights I’d stay would be influenced by the price.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I missed the fact that dogs are €5 a night. I can’t find anything on the web site regarding the facilities provided for dogs - but may have missed that too.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I like the idea of the freedom pitches, but here’s one for you to check please Dave can we have a pitch for a week but only have the freedom hire car bit for a couple of days?

I know I could email but this way we all find out :)(y)

Does look very nice, did you do a face to face interview :LOL:

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp

Additional person. = €7
2 x dogs. = €10
10 A electricity. = €6

I’d probably be prepared to give the place a try but the number of nights I’d stay would be influenced by the price.

Ian
Pitch price is upto 6 persons!
Like I said, call,or email direct, the booking thing is a bit shit!
It ain’t dear, and the guvnor is a top bloke who you can actually talk to, don’t be scared!

Dont bother with the online stuff, just call and mention me, you’ll get a deal, trust me (y)

We’re working 25 hours a day 8 days week to get you a deal..............just don’t complain about the toilets :doh::rofl:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
It is a 4* adult only Site set in the grounds of the chateau.
I must say I was quite surprised about that "adult only" campsite , as it is something which is not really accepted in France.
After a few searches this is what I found

Les offres de vacances sans enfants augmentent de plus en plus dans le monde. En France néanmoins, ces établissements réservés aux adultes sont encore peu nombreux. "En Angleterre, il existe 198 campings destinés aux plus de 18 ans et qui fonctionnent toute l'année", explique Stuart Coe, le propriétaire du tout premier camping de France qui n'accepte pas les mineurs.

So..... this is the first campsite doing this in France. I'm not surprised as it is something really English, not French.

I usually wild because I do not want to be annoyed by little ones'shouts. I hear them all year long and hols to me means ...shhhhhhhh !!!!!
It's not far from my place and I might call in , if I manage to have some holidays this year.

Amicalement
Frankie:cool:

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp

Additional person. = €7
2 x dogs. = €10
10 A electricity. = €6

Ian

You were right, I was wrong. The basic price is based on 1 person ( for singles) so yes, add €7 per extra person, making it €21 for a pitch at that time.
The electric is €6 if you want it, it is 10amp, unmetered and unlimited, and has been the same price for the past 10 years.

Don’t forget your 10% funster discount too!

I missed the fact that dogs are €5 a night. I can’t find anything on the web site regarding the facilities provided for dogs - but may have missed that too.

That is correct. Whilst there are no specific facilities, there are acres of woodland and open meadows when they can run about all day long!

I like the idea of the freedom pitches, but here’s one for you to check please Dave can we have a pitch for a week but only have the freedom hire car bit for a couple of days?

I know I could email but this way we all find out :)(y)

Does look very nice, did you do a face to face interview :LOL:

Yes you can have a car for €30 per day, they are on site, all legal and insured. All you pay for is fuel, return it full as you should find it.

And yes, we did a face to face interview in February on our way south, and they still wanted us..............:p

Last edited:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I’m guessing that it will be a very safe place to visit. All those policemen visiting to see Dave actually do some work for the first time :roflmto:

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Are speedos compulsory in the pool?
No(y)

Normal swim shorts are tolerated, but if an inspector comes it’s a big shout out and everyone not in Speedo’s out:LOL: True!!! Apparently it’s french law, but a blind eye is turned by the owners, unless an inspector comes calling.

Mankinis however, are optional. :eek:

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Have been here about 3 years ago. Lovely pool and we had a super meal. Did find the owner a little odd however. When we visited we had a caravan and car. Would say that transport is essential as it is very much out in the sticks and not sure I would go there with motorhome. Some of the pitches were quite uneven. However if the Chef is the same would definitely go for a meal!

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
You were right, I was wrong. The basic price is based on 1 person ( for singles) so yes, add €7 per extra person, making it €21 for a pitch at that time.
The electric is €6 if you want it, it is 10amp, unmetered and unlimited, and has been the same price for the past 10 years.

Don’t forget your 10% funster discount too!

What's with the E15 booking fee too Dave? We would love to call in June, perhaps, but not sure about the price.

Telephoned this morning to ask but no-one there. Left message on sites voice mail but no response, as yet!

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Would say that transport is essential as it is very much out in the sticks and not sure I would go there with motorhome. Some of the pitches were quite uneven.

Soon be perfectly flat after Dave has rolled a few barrels and kegs over the pitches.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
looks like ther i
Have been here about 3 years ago. Lovely pool and we had a super meal. Did find the owner a little odd however. When we visited we had a caravan and car. Would say that transport is essential as it is very much out in the sticks and not sure I would go there with motorhome. Some of the pitches were quite uneven. However if the Chef is the same would definitely go for a meal!
Car hire if thay nead i am sure that if @BreweryDave recommends it will be a fine place to go.
Just a pittiy it's for swingers adults only or we would have went
rbill

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
What's with the E15 booking fee too Dave? We would love to call in June, perhaps, but not sure about the price.

Telephoned this morning to ask but no-one there. Left message on sites voice mail but no response, as yet!

Not sure about booking fee Rex, maybe it’s a deposit?

Very busy at the moment as it’s all hands to the pumps to not only get the entire site and facilities ready for opening next Monday, but they’re also holding their sons wedding here on Saturday so the office has taken a back seat this week.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp

Same chef, it’s Shiela, Stuart’s ( Basil Fawlty! ) wife!
I wouldnt call him odd, but definitely a character, and so far good to work for, he’s on the same page as me worryingly :rofl:

Yes, it is out in the sticks, hence he has cars available for clients use, €30 per day you put the fuel in. Otherwise, it’s just a nice relaxing place to stay for a few days we’ll away from the rat race, and enjoy the facilities and the ambience, the pool, the tennis court, the bar, terrace and restaurant. I would say however, arrive well stocked as the nearest shops are about 10 miles away:cycle:

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Basil returned my call last night and explained the pricing policy. I have to say he did sound very much like the original Basil, Manuel, (AKA Dave)! Hope to see you, Manuel and Polly, (AKA Jackie) sometime in June!

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Basil returned my call last night and explained the pricing policy. I have to say he did sound very much like the original Basil, Manuel, (AKA Dave)! Hope to see you, Manuel and Polly, (AKA Jackie) sometime in June!

Be good to see you again!

What did he say about the pricing, and did he allow you ( remember!) the funster discount?

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Be good to see you again too!

Neither of us mentioned the 10% discount, frankly, I forgot to ask.

I did establish that if you do book in advance, then there is an additional E15 charge to pay. Stuart said that the pre-booking fee was the norm for camp sites in France but, in over 40 years, it is something that we have not experienced. Having said that we almost never pre-book sites.

We also discussed ACSI which, until last year, Stuart subscribed to but cancelled this year for commercial reasons.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Just check that your deposit is taken into account when paying bill. Friends have been caught out with this before. NOT at this site I hasten to add, but worth finding out about.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
if you do book in advance, then there is an additional E15 charge to pay.

Never had this myself before and I have spent all my hols in campsites as a daughter first and then as a mum. Last time I have booked it was on our first France tour with JJ in Laguiole village...so not that far ago.
EDIT: @BreweryDave I have seen that ANVC is taken as a payment, do you confirm?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back