No More Trade Stands at Warners Motorhome Shows (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
After a reflective conversation during our long drive home from Spain, me and Siân have decided to step back from the trade stand aspect of the Warners motorhome shows. We are just not enjoying them any more. The preparation and execution have become too taxing for us. Our week begins early, with trips to the cash and carry, loading the trailer, and then embarking on a lengthy drive--me with the Lanny and 3.5ton trailer and Siân in the motorhome.

The shows setup and running demand continuous hard work during the day; then while others head out to enjoy the entertainment, we're often too knackered and opt for an early night.

After 17 years of running the trade tent, (and what with me now being a pensioner :giggle:) we're choosing to change our approach. We'll still attend many of the shows, but just as rally marshals or ralliers, travelling there together in one van. No Lanny or trailer. We might still bring along the tea urn for the rally marshals' tent if space permits. But beyond a bit of marshalling we'll be chilling like the rest of you. Decision made, suddenly we're looking forward it. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Certainly won't miss towing the beast, which weighs more than many motorhomes

We will probably sell the Lanny and trailer and use the proceeds upgrade our motorhome.

Untitled-3.jpg

Aug 11, 2023
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MF
Exp
Since 2012
Certainly won't miss towing the beast, which weighs more than many motorhomes

We will probably sell the Lanny and trailer and use the proceeds upgrade our motorhome.

View attachment 885568
Enjoy future trips to the Malvern Show Ground as a visitor with a bit of marshalling thrown in … you deserve it after so many years.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Never been to a show so I won’t miss it, it’s good to start winding down as early as possible otherwise the work was not worth it..

I myself have booked two rallies this year…😱 I’m not a rally person but thought I need to get out more…😆😎

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
ive got 9 months to go before i draw my state pension.... is that what might be described as a 'pregnant pause' .... :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I for one, amongst the regular marshals can confirm what these two personally put in to getting the Tea tent up and running whether in the trade area or on the field. It's a massive enterprise as is putting it away at the end. There are often a small number who help take it down, but putting it up is often more difficult as the marshals also have to sort out the field, and Jim will never ask for help.

Thank you so much both of you.

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Love your Defender, I bought a 13 plate 110 brand new, dark green, after having old Series Landrovers and took it straight to Nordkapp for a run out, one of the most memorable road trips I've been on, you'll miss it I'm sure, well maybe not the gear change, just everything else, I did

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
But beyond a bit of marshalling we'll be chilling like the rest of you. Decision made, suddenly we're looking forward it. :D
Nice one Jim & Sian, and well deserved. (y)
Fill yer boots with enjoying life now. Oh yes, and don't forget to keep your bus pass on you, as it does come in very handy. ;)

All the best,

Jock & Rita. :)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I for one, amongst the regular marshals can confirm what these two personally put in to getting the Tea tent up and running whether in the trade area or on the field. It's a massive enterprise as is putting it away at the end. There are often a small number who help take it down, but putting it up is often more difficult as the marshals also have to sort out the field, and Jim will never ask for help.

Thank you so much both of you.

Not to mention all the work that goes on before and after. Takes a day or two + of prep prior to them even setting off.

Jim I think this is a highly sensible move on both your parts. Hope you can relax a little more and enjoy life a lot more.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Many thanks for your efforts over the years. I hope your pension from Motorhome Fun is both gold plated and index linked.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jim

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I can't believe you're a pensioner Jim!

I think it sounds like the right time for you & Sian to wind down a bit & enjoy what the rest of us do, getting away in your mh & enjoying life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back