Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
so here's a Q

do you go to Spain (Benni) in 2 weeks for 2 months, fly home for christmas then go back for a month, or wait until after christmas and go for 3-4 months

the first in winning so far but i'm really torn tbh

i'm tempted to do 2 months then get back over their for another 3 and act daft if they ask me why i've overstayed, what they gonna do to me?

Please no 90 days debates as I already know about it all, the thought of another jan/feb/mar here in England is frightening me

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
so here's a Q

do you go to Spain (Benni) in 2 weeks for 2 months, fly home for christmas then go back for a month, or wait until after christmas and go for 3-4 months

i'm tempted to do 2 months then get back over their for another 3 and act daft if they ask me why i've overstayed, what they gonna do to me?

Please no 90 days debates as I already know about it all, the thought of another jan/feb/mar here in England is frightening me
Is there any way one of you can get a Irish passport?, my wife applied for one and it’s due just after we get home in November, her father was Irish.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Is there any way one of you can get a Irish passport?, my wife applied for one and it’s due just after we get home in November, her father was Irish.
I wish Mickey

I even asked my mate last night if he'd adopt me but he's half Northern Irish so no good i'm afraid :cry:

Does anyone want to marry me on here, i'm good for it I promise, I've had both covid jabs and a flu jab so good to go :ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
so here's a Q

If I have interpreted your question correctly and either option would not result in exceeding the 90 day rule (assuming it applies to you) it's really down to your own circumstances and your choice. Its cheap as chips to fly to Beni from the UK although I suspect prices will be up a tad at Christmas.
You do say 'and go for 3-4 months' and I read into this you may choose to exceed 90 days and would advise you to fully understand what the penalties could be for breeching the 90 day rule if you decide to chance it and get found out which I believe is an absolute certainty. My understanding is a fine and being restricted from entering the E.U. for a defined period is a possibility. I have yet to come across someone who has breeched the rule but suspect we will know soon enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
If I have interpreted your question correctly and either option would not result in exceeding the 90 day rule (assuming it applies to you) it's really down to your own circumstances and your choice. Its cheap as chips to fly to Beni from the UK although I suspect prices will be up a tad at Christmas.
You do say 'and go for 3-4 months' and I read into this you may choose to exceed 90 days and would advise you to fully understand what the penalties could be for breeching the 90 day rule if you decide to chance it and get found out which I believe is an absolute certainty. My understanding is a fine and being restricted from entering the E.U. for a defined period is a possibility. I have yet to come across someone who has breeched the rule but suspect we will know soon enough.
My mate stayed for approx 164 days Phil from Jan 1st, got to the airport at Malaga, no stamp, no scan just a smile and a wave on

he's been back since for 15 days and actually their now and no sign of anyone pulling him to one side for a bollocking

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
so here's a Q

At present, Al, the Border Guards MAY [I don't know!] not be enforcing the Regs, perhaps because of reduced staffing &/or COVID, perhaps because EU is not reacting to UK's unilateral extension of the Grace period re NI, or for other reasons, who knows? BUT, if the UK refusal to issue Licences to the French Fishing Boats around Guernsey & Jersey provoke a French retaliation or similar, the EU could also respond by enforcing the 90 days stay and deport you, impose a ban on returning to EU, fine you or imprison you. If they do decide to enforce the Ban, then I doubt that 'Playing Daft' will cut much ice

Final thought, there have been posts on here ranting about illegal immigrants and overstayers in the UK; we can't adopt that approach and then 'play daft' when the roles are reversed.

Steve

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

What Consequences Will Britons Face for Overstaying in EU?​

The consequences that a British national may face for staying in the EU longer than permitted depend a lot on the country where he/she is caught overstaying, as well as the number of days overstayed.

Since there is no common policy for penalties for overstayers, the Member States may apply the penalties differently, some by being softer and other harsher, like for example Germany.

Despite their differences, in general, the Member States apply the following penalties on those caught overstaying, including on Britons staring from this year:

• Deportation – All third-country citizens caught overstaying the number of permitted days of stay in the EU are immediately forced to leave the block. Some of the countries will imprison overstayers and deport them by themselves, while others will give overstayers a certain period of hours or days to leave.
  • Fines – One of the most common penalties for overstaying in the Schengen Area is being fined with an amount of money, though the fees vary from one country to another. Fines, are applied alongside with deportation and are not a substitute for it. They may often be followed with an entry ban too.
  • Difficulties in returning to the Schengen – Almost every deported person will face difficulties to travel back to the Schengen Area. They will face prolonged border checks upon entry, and may even be turned back or banned from entering for a certain period.
  • Entry ban – Usually the Member States ban from entering only those who have overstayed for a longer period. Bans are applied for a period of three years or even more.
Despite the consequences listed above, some travellers may not be subject to any of them, in particular those who cannot travel for a strong reason that can be proved.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
My mate stayed for approx 164 days Phil from Jan 1st, got to the airport at Malaga, no stamp, no scan just a smile and a wave on

he's been back since for 15 days and actually their now and no sign of anyone pulling him to one side for a bollocking
This is our actual recent experience and not from a third party source. We came back from Spain, via France on the Dunkerque Ferry in August of this year. Our Irish passports were examined in great detail and scanned (again) and all required documentation (Covid related) examined in great detail by UK staff working for the French border force at the first check point. (Two vehicles in front of us who subsequently did not meet requirements had to return to the outside area via a side gate, they were not happy to say the least!) Our documentation/passports were checked again at the next booth and we were then subjected to 3 motorhome searches before getting into the queuing lane for the ferry. Then before boarding search dogs went up and down the lines checking out vehicles. One or two cars/vans, especially those with multiple men in, were asked to open their boots and the contents examined physically and the dogs had a good old sniff around. I did think 3 searches of the motorhome by 3 different authorities all in the space of 500 meters was a bit over the top. However, they were more than thorough and we were treated with respect and politeness.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
This experience is from 2012, so not strictly relevant but might suggest that the detailed checks and searches are intelligence led. Day before leaving our French hovel [when we still carting tools & kit back and forth, I fell through the 'Upper Barn' [rotten] floor and cut my hand badly at the base of the middle finger. Managed to stop the bleeding but very sore and loading/driving very uncomfortable. Reached the Auchan Shopping Complex and decided to grab a quick bar meal at Louis Bleriot Bar. As I was locking the car, I glanced at the front offside tyre that looked a bit flat. Slow puncture and the Norauto Tyre Centre had closed about 7 minutes earlier...

Spare wheel carrier was in boot floor, so out comes all the tools and kit I had jammed inside for the journey [I did look like an asylum seeker ...] and started bleeding again. Got the spare fitted and used the Bleriot Toilets to clean up whilst Proprietor cooked a VERY quick omelette which we shovelled down in less than 10 mins and drove like a lunatic to Calais Ferry. Border Guard stopped us [Blue 'vintage' Peugeot 406], a dark green 'vintage' Peugeot 406 and a Jag driven by a 'I'm Mr Stroppy Englishman with connections and I object to these searches'. Boot Contents of all 3 cars emptied [thinks 'I only repacked these 1/2 hour ago, but keep mouth shut' Grr!] and we were each left to repack the Boot Contents, me bleeding over the bedding and rugs [again!]. No other vehicles were stopped.

The only joy for me was at Dover, where I saw Mr Stroppy Englishman drive off the Ferry just ahead of us like a man possessed. He reached the Border Guards before us, but didn't pass us until we were several minutes into a very slow journey, praying that we wouldn't have another puncture! The Jag Driver couldn't contain his anger, and mouthed off again, so his car was searched again by the Border Guards ...

Steve

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
This experience is from 2012, so not strictly relevant but might suggest that the detailed checks and searches are intelligence led. Day before leaving our French hovel [when we still carting tools & kit back and forth, I fell through the 'Upper Barn' [rotten] floor and cut my hand badly at the base of the middle finger. Managed to stop the bleeding but very sore and loading/driving very uncomfortable. Reached the Auchan Shopping Complex and decided to grab a quick bar meal at Louis Bleriot Bar. As I was locking the car, I glanced at the front offside tyre that looked a bit flat. Slow puncture and the Norauto Tyre Centre had closed about 7 minutes earlier...

Spare wheel carrier was in boot floor, so out comes all the tools and kit I had jammed inside for the journey [I did look like an asylum seeker ...] and started bleeding again. Got the spare fitted and used the Bleriot Toilets to clean up whilst Proprietor cooked a VERY quick omelette which we shovelled down in less than 10 mins and drove like a lunatic to Calais Ferry. Border Guard stopped us [Blue 'vintage' Peugeot 406], a dark green 'vintage' Peugeot 406 and a Jag driven by a 'I'm Mr Stroppy Englishman with connections and I object to these searches'. Boot Contents of all 3 cars emptied [thinks 'I only repacked these 1/2 hour ago, but keep mouth shut' Grr!] and we were each left to repack the Boot Contents, me bleeding over the bedding and rugs [again!]. No other vehicles were stopped.

The only joy for me was at Dover, where I saw Mr Stroppy Englishman drive off the Ferry just ahead of us like a man possessed. He reached the Border Guards before us, but didn't pass us until we were several minutes into a very slow journey, praying that we wouldn't have another puncture! The Jag Driver couldn't contain his anger, and mouthed off again, so his car was searched again by the Border Guards ...

Steve
There just doing there job and if you give them some grief your going to get it back in spades !

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
There just doing there job and if you give them some grief your going to get it back in spades !
And didn't they prove it with the Jag Driver, with his cut glass accent, indignation and designer Golf Jumper, who not have been searched had he kept his mouth shut! Us 2 Pug Drivers [dark coloured ancient vehicles] must have been on a List of Suspect Vehicles or similar were going to be turned over, but we did have enough nouse not to repeat the process!

But I did transgress at Newhaven in 2019 when towing the Gobur Folding Caravan. The Border Guard said they were looking for illegal immigrants, and he wouldn't accept my reassurance that the only free space in the folded caravan would require the stowaway to be less than 2ft 6ins and to weight less than 30kg because I knew the noseweight was not far short of the permitted maximum. He did have the grace to say, 'I can see what you mean, sir' when he examined the opened caravan with the caravan step wedged sideways in front of the flattened sink unit ... I did at least have the sense to explain politely why I was certain that there was no extra passenger! Annoying someone with a badge and a legal authority is rarely a sensible move ...

Steve

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Are you on a site that has room at present? If so which one?
We are on El Raco, and there were 108 free spaces when we booked in one week ago. However, the Clog invasion started today so I suggest you go online and check availability before travelling.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Does anyone know where I can get a TV aerial amplifier from in Benidorm? I'd also need a schuko to UK adapter so I can plug it in in the van. Tried the Chinese shops tonight and no good. Only place I can think of is Carrefour at Finestrat.

But the backwards adapter might be a problem 🤔

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Does anyone know where I can get a TV aerial amplifier from in Benidorm? I'd also need a schuko to UK adapter so I can plug it in in the van. Tried the Chinese shops tonight and no good. Only place I can think of is Carrefour at Finestrat.

But the backwards adapter might be a problem 🤔
I have one of these spare if you want to collect from plot 73. Might cost you some Tanqueray though...

Amazon product ASIN B007SUUIBG

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Had a ride into old town the other night..

20210929_200348.jpg

20210929_200209.jpg

20210929_200151.jpg

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Wow thanks that's similar to the one we've got but a different make. I can bring the cash equivalent or get Tanquery from the barrel shop 😊
I don't need the money so you know what to do........ :love:
It's unused but I'd better check that it works first!

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Unless they started it by being officious overbearing & offensive.
Still rarely a good move, overbearing or not. A polite acknowledgement of any wrongdoing, or to ask what can be done to avoid a recurrence. It's difficult to be aggressive in the face of politeness and contrition. You may not win, but you can guarantee that if you retaliate, you will lose.

Steve

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Strange, I can see the original posts by the op funster but can’t see his posts now…? I wonder if he has put me on ignore..? Can’t think why..🤷🏼‍♂️
You are on everyone’s ignore list, like me.

It‘s just us two on here.

Have you had a good day?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back