The Joys of Benidorm! (5 Viewers)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Amazing how the word spreads. We've been here just five days and a very nice Welsh lady came up to me and said she'd heard that I was an engineer and could I have a look at her toilet...:eek:
😂 I've been to look at someone's solar set up already, his batteries were 7v when he got up in the morning... The problem was a tree shading the panel for hours 🙄

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I remember the last time we overwintered on Villasol. We would wake up in the mornings and looking out we would see them 7 hills and although we had managed to walk up to the Benidorm cross on a couple of previous stays We had never ventured further as it was too demanding. Day after Day I looked at them hills and was aware that there was a path from one end to the other at Albir and after a couple of months I decided to do it. It almost killed me. When I came down that last hill at Albir I looked like this.......... Honest !

We’ve done the walk to Albir a couple of times, but not up and down the mountains! Don’t ask me to explain the route though! :rofl:

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
OK John, please enlighten us , we need more toilet threads please !!!
Nothing exciting I'm afraid. The rubber bung at the base of the flush tank had gone missing. I made another from a bit of scrap wrapped in gaffer tape!
I'm now flushed with success...

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I like Benidorm
20210818_165838.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I edited my post because I was asked to and certainly not because I though I needed to.

You have brought up your travel experience, not sure why tbh apart from to tell us all where you have travelled to, ok then here's mine

I have spent the last 50 years travelling, regarding Spain I too have eaten, drank and joined in with locals in far too many bars, shaking a stick or not ;)

I can say the same for Portugal, France, Holland, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece and the islands, Canaries and Balearics.

Then further afield I can include, the length and breath of Florida down to Key West, Mexico, Dominica, Jamaica, Dubai, Thailand and probably some i've missed and never once thought that I should tell people my opinions good or bad, not that their has been many bad ones, my opinions are mine.

Enjoy your travels wherever you go and i'll buy you a pint if you introduce yourself(y)
Hmmm speaking to a guy in work the other day who is 60 and told me he has never been out of England as he just doesn’t fancy it😇, each to their own, I have seen a bit but not that much compared to some , live and let live…..

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Can anyone recommend a site with green grass pitches, preferably real though I not fussy about that? And a good restaurant serving real Spanish food, with quality wine, and service? Preferably nowhere near noisy bars and bands?

If so, I’d consider visiting Benidorm again.

Thanks…Keith

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Can anyone recommend a site with green grass pitches, preferably real though I not fussy about that? And a good restaurant serving real Spanish food, with quality wine, and service? Preferably nowhere near noisy bars and bands?

Thanks…Keith
Prepare for an onslaught!

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
We have overwintered on Beni before and loved it. We have booked Villasol this coming winter for over 90 days and looking forward to staying once again.
How do you do more than 90days, i thought that was the legal limit now?

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
We have overwintered on Beni before and loved it. We have booked Villasol this coming winter for over 90 days and looking forward to staying once again.
How do you do more than 90 days? I thought that was the legal limit now ?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

Thanks…Keith
Just the grass you're going to struggle to get but you can take a roll of your own 👍

The rest you'll get in Benidorm Old Town no problem 👌😊

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
and Jan was in her element browsing through the clothes that your UK local tinkers collect for charity, allegedly...!
I used to park in a North Devon market which had 3 or 4 differnt clothes baks. I used to watch the same old woman turn up in the morning unlock the back & sort through the clothes taking what she wanted & putting in her sopping trolley, putting all the other tat back then locking it up & wandering off ?? No idea what was going on there but used to see it year in year out.
We've just got back. I was saying to Ann it's got to be 2nd hand, denim shorts for €1
they buy them washed,ironed & folded in huge vacuum packed bags at 50€ a time. Everyone on every market sells them. Some times they have all come from Germany other times Italy or Belgium or Holland.
All the lycra cycling kit is usually French or spanish.
Sometimes they also have the brand new stuff, 3€, manufactured for some store like'Lefties' . You can tell as they replace the tags with some chinese iron on ones. I buy all my T shirts & vests at the markets.

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
My post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek (only somewhat). And I took the response as “that should generate a few comments”. Nothing more. Stay happy everyone.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
It’s a good idea that some of the performers go to different bars . What about the Benidorm Palace , any good shows there ?

Yeah. The first time we went to "Benidorm Palace" with the kids, yes, it was expensive. We opted for just show tickets and a cheap cafe meal on the main road - Crap meal, and when we saw what was offer at the "Palace" we said we would eat there next time.

3 times later, we always "dine before the show"
€50 for an excellent 3 course meal inc wine and a top class show.

Highly recommended 🍷

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Yeah. The first time we went to "Benidorm Palace" with the kids, yes, it was expensive. We opted for just show tickets and a cheap cafe meal on the main road - Crap meal, and when we saw what was offer at the "Palace" we said we would eat there next time.

3 times later, we always "dine before the show"
€50 for an excellent 3 course meal inc wine and a top class show.

Highly recommended 🍷
Sounds brilliant . Would be pricey for all 5 of us but sounds like it wound be a memorable experience. 👍🏻

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back