LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I wasn't laughing today when I called a vet in coventry and asked for the price of the AHC

£192 nearly fell off me chair.:eek:

I said that has to be the most expensive one in the country. In fact it made me feel better that our vet was only £84
yeh, I got my 2 fully done via the older passport system just before crimbo, now have to pay again. Kerching

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
Have just crossed by tunnel with no hassle at all.
Paperwork checked but not asked or checked for food or plants or anything else. Even the gas check was verbal only.
We have a Spanish EU passport for the dog and that was checked for vaccination record and chip details. No mention of AHC.
Only 3 motorhomes on our crossing and a few vans and high cars so extremely quiet.
Both French and British customs very friendly and wished us bon voyage.
Stopped on the Montreuil Aire about seven French vans and one other Brit so not busy.
Heading south tomorrow.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Another concern, perhaps!

Covid 19 really is the gift that keeps on giving and by current form is likely to carry on doing so.

We're so glad we came out when we did, (3 weeks ago) having a great time, currently in a lovely camper stop by Aveiro, hoping to get a few more weeks yet but monitoring carefully.

Afaics anyone who wants a European holiday this year needs to seize the opportunity because doors will be closing. suavecarve

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Afaics anyone who wants a European holiday this year needs to seize the opportunity because doors will be closing.
My thoughts exactly, but we can’t get our 2nd jabs yet 😢😢😢

Eurotunnel was booked for the 8th July. Had to cancel it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013

How long ago did you get the first one? Ours was for 12 weeks later but they changed it to 6/7 weeks so could change online and bring forward a month.

with all the walk in centres now available it might be easier to get the second one sooner.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Fingers crossed for you. Its starting to look like The Wino s ironic prophecy might have some legs. I wonder if Boris is waiting for the EU to say they won't let us in before he opens up coming back?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Covid 19 really is the gift that keeps on giving and by current form is likely to carry on doing so.

We're so glad we came out when we did, (3 weeks ago) having a great time, currently in a lovely camper stop by Aveiro, hoping to get a few more weeks yet but monitoring carefully.

Afaics anyone who wants a European holiday this year needs to seize the opportunity because doors will be closing. suavecarve
My annual leave is prohibitive.
Unfortunately I have to allow the staff to take some leave and as they have kids they get the summer holidays.
Leaving me with May, June, early July and September, which suits us.
Trying to find out more about the 5 million AZ jabs not covered by EU certificate, but not unduly concerned by it. I still cant get the NHS (proper) app signed up to and not overly fussed about it yet as wont need it til September (hopefully) but I suspect I am one of the 5 million (jabbed in March and June)
If I were retired, I would have been out there slightly before you did and not returning til after Q10 was cleared for double jabbees.
I ve got a month in September but will cut that short if no European Q free holiday available and do the markets (if possible) prior to Xmas

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Fingers crossed for you. Its starting to look like The Wino s ironic prophecy might have some legs. I wonder if Boris is waiting for the EU to say they won't let us in before he opens up coming back?
He's meeting Merkel today at chequers so we should know very soon if the EU will be open to tourists with 2 jags.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Another concern, perhaps!

I find this sort of response from a member of the public truly pathetic. "Blame Boris" at every opportunity!

Another individual, whose first shot was also produced in India but who asked not to be identified, added: “That vaccine passports would be a thing is entirely predictable, so our Government should have made sure any they purchased would be recognised for travel everywhere.”

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Sadly some of us still have to work :cry:

Trying to find out more about the 5 million AZ jabs not covered by EU certificate, but not unduly concerned by it. I still cant get the NHS (proper) app signed up to and not overly fussed about it yet as wont need it til September (hopefully) but I suspect I am one of the 5 million (jabbed in March and June)
According to the article linked above, the affected batch numbers are 4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003 - which will be on your vaccine card if you can't get the app working.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013

According to the article linked above, the affected batch numbers are 4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003 - which will be on your vaccine card if you can't get the app working.
Checked mine which are ok but my Wife who had first jab in March has one of the affected Batch Numbers so hopefully will be resolved one way or another.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

The Aire under the bridge Jon. A smashing stopover. Your in a fab. area, some brilliant must see places not to far away. Don't forget about Baiona, if your up that way, a must see.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
He's meeting Merkel today at chequers so we should know very soon if the EU will be open to tourists with 2 jags.
I'm certain she will not stop double jabbers coming in. Everyone can now see the levels of protection this gives. She may though, go after young families instead as children will not be vaccinated.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

As this is a media article (albeit the Telegraph), there has been no such statement coming from the E.U. or and of their countries including France who you would think would look for any reason to stop Brits entering their country or the UK Gov for that matter. Lets wait and see on this one.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Checked mine which are ok but my Wife who had first jab in March has one of the affected Batch Numbers so hopefully will be resolved one way or another.
We're in the same position....mine are fine but hubby's first one is one of the Indian batches. We're not planning on going away until the end of August so fingers crossed they'll work things out before then.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Just to jump back a few pages-
The NHS pcr test has been deemed unacceptable so that testing and health related surveys are not overwhelmed by folk wanting tests to travel. Seems reasonable to me.
boots service looks good on web. Welsh Nhs app now gives OR code for vax status after photo of official photo and video of speaking 4 numbers.
I'm hoping for bike trip september.
Best place for proof prior to santander ferry?

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years

Yep same here , wife can't get her 2nd until the end of the month...
Then they say you have to wait 2 weeks after?

Plus we're restricted to school holidays...

I keep going out and putting the fridge on just incase ..that sort of helps..but turning it off again after the next blow hurts. 😔

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
OK! We bother completed our free walk in antigen tests this morning. They register your details and it includes the bar code to the test sample so there is a direct link from the test result to the person tested. If your doing this it's important to remember to ensure you provide your email address as this is optional. After testing you will receive an email which shows date of test and result. I will be presenting this to the French Border force tomorrow when we cross. I have printed it out to make it easier for the Border force. I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow.
20210703_121129.jpg

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
OK! We bother completed our free walk in antigen tests this morning. They register your details and it includes the bar code to the test sample so there is a direct link from the test result to the person tested. If your doing this it's important to remember to ensure you provide your email address as this is optional. After testing you will receive an email which shows date of test and result. I will be presenting this to the French Border force tomorrow when we cross. I have printed it out to make it easier for the Border force. I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow.
I would delete name and DOB

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
OK! We bother completed our free walk in antigen tests this morning. They register your details and it includes the bar code to the test sample so there is a direct link from the test result to the person tested. If your doing this it's important to remember to ensure you provide your email address as this is optional. After testing you will receive an email which shows date of test and result. I will be presenting this to the French Border force tomorrow when we cross. I have printed it out to make it easier for the Border force. I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow.View attachment 512401
I wish you well, but the NHS test is said to be not acceptable, we are through the tunnel on Tuesday and have purchased tests at £29 each, which I don’t think is outrageous.

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
OK! We bother completed our free walk in antigen tests this morning. They register your details and it includes the bar code to the test sample so there is a direct link from the test result to the person tested. If your doing this it's important to remember to ensure you provide your email address as this is optional. After testing you will receive an email which shows date of test and result. I will be presenting this to the French Border force tomorrow when we cross. I have printed it out to make it easier for the Border force. I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow.View attachment 512401
That’s exactly the same as you get from doing a self administered test. So I can see why it might not be acceptable, but good luck with it and safe travels.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That’s exactly the same as you get from doing a self administered test. So I can see why it might not be acceptable, but good luck with it and safe travels.
We also have the same results by txt message.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back