Guinea pig part 2 (3 Viewers)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Folly fields farm B&B. Racing at Clay Pigeon Near Yeovil Somerset. A lot drier than Wales 😂😂😂😂😂
90A6E6A3-4863-482C-A10E-61FD3B0B6562.jpeg

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
Great to see you made it , enjoy.
Thanks for the updates

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
What i meant was they were for home use and you would not get a text of the result like you do when you go for the PCR one at the testing station.

I do home use lateral flow test and get both email and text to conform I have told them it was a negative result.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I do home use lateral flow test and get both email and text to conform I have told them it was a negative result.
The reason you cannot use your home test is exactly that, 'you told them it was negative', for travelling the test has to be done independently and confirmed by email/text. That's why they have to be a paid for test.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Are you suggesting people would tell an untruth? :unsure:
I'm not suggesting anything, just explaining why the home tests are not accepted. I read it some days ago in an article explaining why medical staff were refused boarding at an airport when they tried to use the results from the 'wrong' (self certified) tests.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I'm not suggesting anything, just explaining why the home tests are not accepted. I read it some days ago in an article explaining why medical staff were refused boarding at an airport when they tried to use the results from the 'wrong' (self certified) tests.
I don't disagree with that, but did Dorwyn say he got through with a lateral flow test the chemist provided, rather than a PCR test?

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Arrived at Nouan le fuzelier at an aire very pretty and well worth visiting but is very close to a train line so there is some noise but certainly not frequent.
Traffic has been amazingly quiet, much quieter than normal I think.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

only one other van here
450F6E75-131D-4BC1-B29F-29B2C358692C.jpeg

lack of traffic, not joking this was our view for over an hour at 80 mph.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Weather is good quite warm 27c currently sunny.
The emovis tag is working well as is the van.
We are roughly between Orleans and Vierzon.
Contact with others within 2 metres 0.
Heading towards Clermont Ferrand tomorrow and may stay around that area for a day or two so will post some more photos.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
CD

nope, unless it was done by magic I had sight of our passports all the time, he only glanced at them was more interested in the negative lateral test, but just looked didn’t record anything.

Do they actually need to see your passport?

The airline/ferry operators have your details

..and there's the chip inserted with the vaccine....

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
I will try to get some more scenic photos tomorrow, I like all areas of France but the central area is rather flat , although we have seen some fields covered in swathes of vivid red Poppy’s, very beautiful,.
Trouble is there is no time for a photo.
The topography will change soon as we get a little further south, which I find much more interesting and hopefully we will get more opportunities for some piccies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Yes we need pictures…. You could be sitting at home writing this…😆
Not trying to make anyone jealous, but just a couple of random pics of our first full day in France. We just wanted to relax, breathe the air and chill. We are at an aires in Meisiener en Bray. Might have mispelled that. It's close to the Avenue Verte, an old railway line converted into a 39 kilometre mostly tarmac walk and cycle way running North-east from Dieppe. Walked about 10km (there and back. We're very old). In this town is an impressive chateau, some sort of monastery - I'll have to find out. An impressive wild garden, nice bar, a wonderful view through our rear doors, Normandy beauty and peace.
Oddly, our next port of call will be round about where Mithrandir is now, apparently. But we'll stay here a day or two, it is so peaceful.

1623525288626.png

The field behind us, through our back doors

1623525385246.png

The Lavoir in the village. You could do your clothes washing there. Poss...

1623525529949.png

A random view from the Avenue Verte. Peaceful Normandy. (it wasn't 60 or so years ago)

1623525727220.png

Another view.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Not trying to make anyone jealous, but just a couple of random pics of our first full day in France. We just wanted to relax, breathe the air and chill. We are at an aires in Meisiener en Bray. Might have mispelled that. It's close to the Avenue Verte, an old railway line converted into a 39 kilometre mostly tarmac walk and cycle way running North-east from Dieppe. Walked about 10km (there and back. We're very old). In this town is an impressive chateau, some sort of monastery - I'll have to find out. An impressive wild garden, nice bar, a wonderful view through our rear doors, Normandy beauty and peace.
Oddly, our next port of call will be round about where Mithrandir is now, apparently. But we'll stay here a day or two, it is so peaceful.

View attachment 506193

View attachment 506194

View attachment 506195

A random view from the Avenue Verte. Peaceful Normandy. (it wasn't 60 or so years ago)

View attachment 506196

Another view.
The weather is much warmer here than where you are I think, very very quiet on the roads.
Excellent photos btw.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Part of the aire,
View attachment 506189
theres also an area for children’s activities, and cycles
View attachment 506190
whole area is very pleasant and close to the motorway for an easy stopover.
Know the aire well - it's a pleasant spot. There's also a cheap campsite little more than 300 or so metres further along that road you are on, that we've stayed at. Have used the aire as a lunch stop a few times. Enjoy! (y)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
The weather is much warmer here than where you are I think, very very quiet on the roads.
Excellent photos btw.
It was damp this morning, but comfortable. Couldn't have stood it any warmer walking back. Just spoke with d-i-l in Panjas, she says it is VERY warm there (where we are ultimately heading). Few days yet. Funny that you stopped at Nouan le fuzelier, we often stop there (night trains can be noisy) but used to stop at the one before, Lamotte Beuvron. But last September there was a drug dealer in a high powered low slung BMW M-series that was a real nuisance, taking a phone call, driving off, back 10 mins later, spinnng his car round spraying stones everywhere, sitting ALONGSIDE our van with his engine running, AC on, waiting for the next call, at 2 in the morning. I was going to complain, but decided against it!! Or rather, fell asleep!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Know the aire well - it's a pleasant spot. There's also a cheap campsite little more than 300 or so metres further along that road you are on, that we've stayed at. Have used the aire as a lunch stop a few times. Enjoy! (y)
It's been our first and last stop for some time now. It's less than two hours to Calais, just a comfortable drive away so there's no hassle. We make the same-ish journey 3 or so times a year, have got those favourite stops, plus others we find each year. It's good to be back!!

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

View attachment 506193

View attachment 506194

View attachment 506195

View attachment 506196

Another view.
I’ve cycled a bit of that and there’s quite a few Aires along it’s route…👍🏼

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
CD

nope, unless it was done by magic I had sight of our passports all the time, he only glanced at them was more interested in the negative lateral test, but just looked didn’t record anything.
Amazing. They stamped ours.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....

View attachment 506193

View attachment 506194

View attachment 506195

View attachment 506196

Another view.
They have some quaint signs dotted around the village from memory ... Nice little stopover !! Great to hear the escapees are having good journeys, long may it continue, best wishes

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
As this trip is an expeditionary foray and for the greater good. Could you please overstay your 90 day allocation, so we can see what happens upon your return. Also, while you are there, can you drive over the border into Spain and back to gauge the reaction. I'm sure there are lot's of us that would be interested. :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back