LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Brilliant mate, you have me itching to book now, same as we did last year when suavecarve posted something similar, but for some reason even though we have both jabs I am a bit more reticent.
If retired and I had 3 months to play with, I would have been over on the 9th.

I would then come back when/if a country near to Calais went green and spend 10 days in that country and this would negate the 400 quid return "tax" for coming back

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Vice la france
Arrived :dance2::dance2::dance2:

BN-QL465_1025fr_GR_20161025140509.jpg

Welcome to Papillion...

510Y0-815S7VFJS64-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-GB-1615531691964._SX1080_.jpg

Enjoy your trip... give Devil's Island a swerve.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Brilliant mate, you have me itching to book now, same as we did last year when suavecarve posted something similar, but for some reason even though we have both jabs I am a bit more reticent.
You are probably safer this year than last!

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
So... exited off the train as normal, we have had to compromise on tonight’s venue first aire on the A26 towards Reims aire de rely as we have run out of time to get to an proper aire because of the travel curfew.
Quiet, clean, few other people here odd lorry.
The A26 to here was incredibly quiet just one other car and that’s it, seriously.
A Motorhome has just pulled up in front of us towing a large boat uk plates so we have company. 90% of the car park empty.
I cannot stress enough both border staff were fine, the french were very pleasant wished us bon voyage.
It really was very easy one booth checked our paperwork which was extra but that’s all.
Roo is just making some pasta fished out of the smugglers hole, then I think we will retire, I have some more of my book to read.
Nb. I went into the services for some biscuits the attendant was very pleasant but as we were leaving a man was entering with no mask on, the attendant jumped on him immediately and gave the guy a huge rollicking for it, he put one on I think.
First impressions are at least some of the french are taking COVID seriously.
Pasta smuggling eh Minxy girl, who’s the wuss now.:LOL:
Albert tomorrow for an intermarche run, will then update on plans.
Nighty night .

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
So... exited off the train as normal, we have had to compromise on tonight’s venue first aire on the A26 towards Reims aire de rely as we have run out of time to get to an proper aire because of the travel curfew.
Quiet, clean, few other people here odd lorry.
The A26 to here was incredibly quiet just one other car and that’s it, seriously.
A Motorhome has just pulled up in front of us towing a large boat uk plates so we have company. 90% of the car park empty.
I cannot stress enough both border staff were fine, the french were very pleasant wished us bon voyage.
It really was very easy one booth checked our paperwork which was extra but that’s all.
Roo is just making some pasta fished out of the smugglers hole, then I think we will retire, I have some more of my book to read.
Nb. I went into the services for some biscuits the attendant was very pleasant but as we were leaving a man was entering with no mask on, the attendant jumped on him immediately and gave the guy a huge rollicking for it, he put one on I think.
First impressions are at least some of the french are taking COVID seriously.
Pasta smuggling eh Minxy girl, who’s the wuss now.:LOL:
Albert tomorrow for an intermarche run, will then update on plans.
Nighty night .
Thank you for taking the time to update us all on your journey. I wish you both a good nights sleep after enjoying your illicit pasta!

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Btw, although we forgot our passports, this only set us back about 1 1/2 hrs.
Traffic on the M1 was Grim that’s the main reason for the delays.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
For the COVID test(y)
Glad your sorted. Spain was really easy, didn't ask to look at anything.

I'm wondering how busy it will be there? Cabarceno had at least 40 campers on thursday night but all Spanish apart from us.p

Currently at San Vicente, campsite looke d 75% full but also about 30 on the main beach carpark, we re on another car park halfway down beach at least 100 on i t. Seen 2 x germans 2x dutch 1 swiss, 0 French.

bonne route
Jon

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Had a reasonable night, very quiet, but it always takes me a few nights to get used to the bed. And I do tend to be up early when away.
off to Albert shortly for our supermarket run.
Weather is very grey and quite cool but not cold, windy too but dry 17c.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Great news and feedback. Bring back any memories suavecarve ??

If it wasn't for this bloody AirBnB stuff we would have been there aswell on the 9th ... but then again the 3 bookings (6 nights in total) we have in August will enable us to bribe the sausage smuggling inspectors at the French border control ...

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Had a reasonable night, very quiet, but it always takes me a few nights to get used to the bed. And I do tend to be up early when away.
off to Albert shortly for our supermarket run.
Weather is very grey and quite cool but not cold, windy too but dry 17c.
did they stamp your passport?

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi
Just found this thread, and sorry I didn't take any time to read the 6 pages.
Just wanted to say that if you need a stop over before reaching the Pyrénées, depending on which side you want to cross of course, you are welcome at my place near Toulouse. I won't be home from coming Friday to Sunday evening though.
Enjoy your trip

Amicalement
Frankie

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Hi
Just found this thread, and sorry I didn't take any time to read the 6 pages.
Just wanted to say that if you need a stop over before reaching the Pyrénées, depending on which side you want to cross of course, you are welcome at my place near Toulouse. I won't be home from coming Friday to Sunday evening though.
Enjoy your trip

Amicalement
Frankie
We are heading for Panjas, near Nogaro, where our son and his family live. Will take our time to get there tho.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Great news and feedback. Bring back any memories suavecarve ??

If it wasn't for this bloody AirBnB stuff we would have been there aswell on the 9th ... but then again the 3 bookings (6 nights in total) we have in August will enable us to bribe the sausage smuggling inspectors at the French border control ...
Loving the thread, the planning that went into it, the thought processes, the writing, the anticipation of where, the expected good news of excellent European interaction.

But as yet, I m not jealous, only because I havent seen a photo.

MITHRANDIR and Dorwyn make me jealous PLEASE.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Btw, although we forgot our passports, this only set us back about 1 1/2 hrs.
Traffic on the M1 was Grim that’s the main reason for the delays.
How come you hadn't downloaded them to your phone?

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
So got a load of shopping done, intermarche at Albert topped up with fuel while we are there. Same reception from the french as normal neither good nor bad, cashier pleasant.
Took a quick detour to Mametz and the memorial to the Royal Welch.
Stopped at the turning circle below the monument, very quiet and peaceful we have it to ourselves and the birds at the moment.
Belies what happened here in July 1916.
Will upload some photos later as the signal is very poor.
We will be heading south after lunch on route to the Pyrenees.
Warmed up a bit 24c cloudy but with bright spells, dry, no wind.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh you mean the test results not the vaccine passport you are just trying to confuse me. :giggle:
Doesn't take much does it! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back