Disgusting Motorhome Behaviour (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Without Predudice.

l have just picked this up on a Motorhome Forum via the Internet and have no actual knowledge of this personally l do believe it to be the worst form of behaviour and feel ashamed that there are those among us “Motorhomers” that behave in such an appalling way.

“I live in Hornsea next to a recreation green. Last night a number of motohomes parked up for the night next to the green. This morning I watched as one of the campers emptied his toilet waste into a plastic bag and then dumped it in the nearest waste bin. After confronting the man he told me it was quite alright and to f!!!ckoff. This very eloquent gentleman drives a Bessacar, reg PH11KTF. Not the best advert for motor homes.”

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hummmm... Although I don't speak up to defend this (these) motohormer(s) as I don't really approuve, I must say that as a lot...a lot of women (mummies mainly) I through a huge quantity of poos.... in my waste bin!

I'm a childminder and therefore I change nappies every 3 hours or so (like creches and some kintergardens) and look after 3 babies/toddlers. Care homes do the same .... and it's not the same kind of nice little poos...
I can tell you that when it's very hot here..... jeez.... that's something.

Just saying.....

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Commonly called an “ignorant pr*ck”
Not sure you can equate it to the safe disposal of Care Home waste though yodeli which in this Country would be in a yellow bag place in a big dumpster and removed by a paid for contracted waste disposal service. As for disposable nappies they are self contained in their own wrappers aren’t they? Not quite the same as Mr PH11 KTF dumping his plop in a plastic bag I don’t think! Dirty barsteward :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Not sure you can equate it to the safe disposal of Care Home waste though yodeli which in this Country would be in a yellow bag place in a big dumpster and removed by a paid for contracted waste disposal service. As for disposable nappies they are self contained in their own wrappers aren’t they? Not quite the same as Mr PH11 KTF dumping his plop in a plastic bag I don’t think! Dirty barsteward :eek:
We don't have this sort of disposal (we have this for special medication with syringes), and as I said I don't approuve, but if you look at it carefully, then nappies take such a long time to be deleted by nature, much more time than a plastic bag. Not an excuse for sure.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
enough money to buy and display a private plate on a 2019 motorhome but not enough intelligence, manners and sense of community to be able to use it considerately it seems ....

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
This isn't uncommon here in Europe...I know of motorhomers who do the same....
Even ones who do their Number twos into a bag inserted into the chem toilet...That's motorhoming for you....

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We don't have this sort of disposal (we have this for special medication with syringes), and as I said I don't approuve, but if you look at it carefully, then nappies take such a long time to be deleted by nature, much more time than a plastic bag. Not an excuse for sure.
Not having a go my dear Yodeli and rather than debate the degradation time of poo in a plastic bag as opposed to that of ‘disposable’ nappies, I think the point is important is that the vast majority of Motorhome users dispose of their waste in a responsible way, those that don’t like Mr Bessacar Bonehead above run the risk of ruining all the free places we are able to stay. (y)

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Disgusting if true and posts like this often crop up but the peeps who report these incidents never seem to have there phone available to take a photo as proof.

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Personalised plate? So PH11 KTF may represent 'Thick Taff'. Close the border!

Edit: Oops, should've quoted No 7 (MisterB 's). Sorry!

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
Surely this is common practice amongst many FLT . The popularity of composting toilets amongst van lifers who have no means of composting their poo will ensure this is on the increase . The boating community have similar problems with those who have installed composting toilets to save pump out fees .

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
The chap who witnessed it did say a “waste bin” not a dumpster so presumably some unsuspecting council guy will come along and have to deal with the said Plop by hand not automation. So many efforts by many to get Councils to consider Motorhomes and this sort of thing is happening.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Surely this is common practice amongst many FLT . The popularity of composting toilets amongst van lifers who have no means of composting their poo will ensure this is on the increase . The boating community have similar problems with those who have installed composting toilets to save pump out fees .
Which bit of ‘common practice’ are you referring too? I have stayed in many free places, I have been off grid for months at a time, so I guess I am an FLT when it suits me but I don’t mind paying for sites or disposal either, and in 30 years of motorhoming have only had to dispose of black waste in a less than satisfactory way once, and that was in the desert, even then I dug a hole and buried it.💩

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Saw the same thing done by a lovely foul mouthed Italian woman in France few years ago. Could not understand a word but the few onlookers where furious with her.
Ray

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Without Predudice.

l have just picked this up on a Motorhome Forum via the Internet and have no actual knowledge of this personally l do believe it to be the worst form of behaviour and feel ashamed that there are those among us “Motorhomers” that behave in such an appalling way.

“I live in Hornsea next to a recreation green. Last night a number of motohomes parked up for the night next to the green. This morning I watched as one of the campers emptied his toilet waste into a plastic bag and then dumped it in the nearest waste bin. After confronting the man he told me it was quite alright and to f!!!ckoff. This very eloquent gentleman drives a Bessacar, reg PH11KTF. Not the best advert for motor homes.”

I hope you reported him to plod/ council.

he will be in a minority, but no it’s not a good advert, could you just tell us if he was Irish btw

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
I rarely use sites and would NEVER consider, not even for a second, doing this. Please think before trying to tar anyone who doesn't use their van in the way you do as either ignorant or irresponsible. I could equally argue that "surely this common practice amongst many site users when they off-grid for a change". But I won't. Because I would be wrong.

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
He should of hung it in a tree and blamed dog walkers..... only joking

Probably had an Irish accent as it is common practice for that type of traveller
I hope you reported him to plod/ council.

he will be in a minority, but no it’s not a good advert, could you just tell us if he was Irish btw
Prejudiced and unreasonable generalisations, don’t you think. I have an Irish accent but have never done anything similar to this. Consider if other nationalities saw an incident of football hooliganism and enquired if the hooligans had English accents. It might offend.
BTW all “Travellers” are not Irish and not all Irish are “Travellers”.
TK

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I would hazard a guess that that is a private plate, apparently well in demand on the Northern Soul scene (Keep The Faith) and probably called Phil. This is based on what a work colleague told me, he is a Northern Soul fanatic and has a KTF reg on his Jag.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
According to MOT checker its a 2019 swift / fiat so must be a private plate.
Dirty sod 🤢

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Prejudiced and unreasonable generalisations, don’t you think. I have an Irish accent but have never done anything similar to this. Consider if other nationalities saw an incident of football hooliganism and enquired if the hooligans had English accents. It might offend.
BTW all “Travellers” are not Irish and not all Irish are “Travellers”.
TK
👍🏻👍🏻

Not only am I from Irish stock, but I find it hard that an Englishman (who btw I’ve done a favour for, and exchanged messages with) would never be racist about a black man, but I’m fair game

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Unlikely it’s taxed and Motd
33C092A0-A563-45AC-8506-377C5F979DAC.png

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Slightly off topic.
If I needed to get rid of black waste as a full timer I have thought of having a CRT key and using the web to find the nearest canal side disposal station?
£2.35 on amazon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back