Disgusting Motorhome Behaviour (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’m not at all surprised really,but I do have a fairly low opinion of humans. You’ve only got to see the amount of litter along our roadsides,and the dog poo bags hanging in trees at beauty spots,to know that there are an awful lot of dirty people around.

But hey ho,it was only a few hundred years ago that we used to chuck it out in the street,and then someone had the very good idea of collecting it with a horse an cart.
... and the 'night men' used to dump it on the fields opposite our bungalow, in later years the area was then used as market gardens with lots of glasshouses on ... so those who produced it were eventually 'eating' it! :giggle:

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
... and the 'night men' used to dump it on the fields opposite our bungalow, in later years the area was then used as market gardens with lots of glasshouses on ... so those who produced it were eventually 'eating' it! :giggle:
It's called 'night soil'; widely used in China, I believe, on small holdings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yes,and we are still eating it!
You know those very neat piles of brown/black “manure” to be seen in the corners of arable fields.....................................yes it’s your poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess they either pay farmers to take it,or the farmers buy it cheaply.

Enjoy!!!!

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Disgusting if true and posts like this often crop up but the peeps who report these incidents never seem to have there phone available to take a photo as proof.
Would you take a photo of the offender and risk a possible violent confrontation

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Yes I certainly would i took a photo of a chap with a dog that attacked mine couple of weeks ago and threatened to put it on our local Facebook page. I did’nt but it calmed me down😎

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
The fella that empties our septic tanks round here goes straight onto a local farmers field and empties his bowser once its full up.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Travellers don’t use the toilets in their caravans or Motorhomes as they regard that as dirty , they use the immediate surroundings no matter where they are 🤕
Ahhh.. you are muddling up Romany with others
It is true with Romany of course ( will not wash in a van either )

Reactions: JJ

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
The fella that empties our septic tanks round here goes straight onto a local farmers field and empties his bowser once its full up.
this practice has been pretty much banned since 2006. untreated and tested is not allowed.
Quite a lot of th etime it is turned into "biscuits" and burned as fuel.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Ahhh.. you are muddling up Romany with others
It is true with Romany of course ( will not wash in a van either )
No confusion, every time you read about a traveler invasion they also talk about the human excrement & waste left in the immediate area

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
this practice has been pretty much banned since 2006. untreated and tested is not allowed.
Quite a lot of th etime it is turned into "biscuits" and burned as fuel.?
Biscuits?:oops:

puke GIF

So I sit there in my armchair hoovering a pack of digestives but I am actually eating Pooh cakes?

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Which bit of ‘common practice’ are you referring too? I have stayed in many free places, I have been off grid for months at a time, so I guess I am an FLT when it suits me but I don’t mind paying for sites or disposal either, and in 30 years of motorhoming have only had to dispose of black waste in a less than satisfactory way once, and that was in the desert, even then I dug a hole and buried it.💩
Sure you buried it Simon not Margaret

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

puke GIF

So I sit there in my armchair hoovering a pack of digestives but I am actually eating Pooh cakes?
With lots of honey! :LOL:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
“I live in Hornsea next to a recreation green. Last night a number of motohomes parked up for the night next to the green. This morning I watched as one of the campers emptied his toilet waste into a plastic bag and then dumped it in the nearest waste bin. After confronting the man he told me it was quite alright and to f!!!ckoff. This very eloquent gentleman drives a Bessacar, reg PH11KTF. Not the best advert for motor homes.”

It would have to be a very very brave man to empty a large quantity of fluid in to a black bag.

So maybe it wasnt a cassette but a composting toilet container.

I bagged and binned solid waste for 4 months on my latest trip in greece.
To the point that the new van im building won't have a cassette toilet but a seperator toilet instead and the solids will be bagged and binned and the fluid tanked and flushed with the grey.

Second hand info is never that great and a forum judge and jury with very little facts is never much better.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Which bit of ‘common practice’ are you referring too? I have stayed in many free places, I have been off grid for months at a time, so I guess I am an FLT when it suits me but I don’t mind paying for sites or disposal either, and in 30 years of motorhoming have only had to dispose of black waste in a less than satisfactory way once, and that was in the desert, even then I dug a hole and buried it.💩
Used to be the way back in the 50s especially at scout camps

Reactions: JJ
May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
So maybe it wasnt a cassette but a composting toilet container.
So having saved his mix of human solid waste and sawdust or whatever while it decomposes into perfectly good compost, he then throws it away? Makes sense.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Be honest is sounds like travellers
Plastic bags and chemicals 😂, I worked next to where they turned up once , let's just say the bushes didn't need fertilising for a while after they'd gone

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So having saved his mix of human solid waste and sawdust or whatever while it decomposes into perfectly good compost, he then throws it away? Makes sense.
Not everyone with a compost toilet actually uses it to make compost. Or indeed has a garden to use compost.
Thats why i prefer to call it a seperator toilet.

As i said no one unless they inspected the contents of the bag has any idea of the quantity etc that was in it.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
With a private plate? Travellers don't register vans do they? Let alone put a private plate on one?

There's a new unauthorised Traveller encampment on the seafront in W-S-M. One of their vehicles is a Bessacar, as can be seen in the second photo,

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

puke GIF

Pre-digested and recycled. :Eeek:

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Quite a lot of th etime it is turned into "biscuits" and burned as fuel.
Wone do em no wrong ere up in Norfook them there biscuits.....my neighbours wife, who's also his sister and aunt, says she gets a right good crispy layer on er pasta bake. She make it as a treat now and again after she saw it in one of them there posh restaurants when she left the village and went to the city (Norwich) a foo year back.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Travellers don’t use the toilets in their caravans or Motorhomes as they regard that as dirty , they use the immediate surroundings no matter where they are 🤕

When my Great-Grandfather's house was modernised for indoor facilities he was asked about layout .... "S**t in the house" he shouted "That's unhygienic". I don't think he ever used the inside loo and continued to use the outhouse. Great-Grandad was born in 1885 and his house modernised in the 1960s. I remember when electric was installed and my Great-Grandmother never trusted it. She liked the gas lights and when he wasn't home would not use the electric.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Trouble is the stuff isn't in the toilet long enough for it to properly compost, none of them do it really no matter what they claim, you still have to put it somewhere to finish off composting before it can be used to fertilise the garden etc.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Trouble is the stuff isn't in the toilet long enough for it to properly compost, none of them do it really no matter what they claim, you still have to put it somewhere to finish off composting before it can be used to fertilise the garden etc.
Exactly youd need a tank the size of Wembley to hold it in for the first batch to be compost. Seperator toilet is a much better name for it. And most folk fitting them do bag and bin whether its daily or weekly etc

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Exactly youd need a tank the size of Wembley to hold it in for the first batch to be compost. Seperator toilet is a much better name for it. And most folk fitting them do bag and bin whether its daily or weekly etc
So without the full facts the op is just another story we can't prove either way.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So without the full facts the op is just another story we can't prove either way.
Yes unfortunately. I just dont see the point in a load of judgement for what could well have been an innocent act.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back