LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I hope not, we were there last month ... The following message is on their FB page
"As requested by the UK government and as a non-essential business, Becks Motorhomes are now closed until further notice.
For sales enquiries or any other questions you can contact us by clicking the live chat button in the bottom right corner of the www.becksmotorhomes.com website. If there is no one avalible to talk you an leave us a message here too.
Emails will only be answered upon our return to work.
You may contact me on 07768086291 between 09:00 and 17:00 if you have questions.
Yours John Maitland "

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I hope they are still around when things ease up. They are only a few miles from me. They did my MOT and damp check in August. But they didn't have much stock like a lot of other dealers. We'll see what next week brings when retail can open up again.

OP
OP
Newfie
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
They haven’t got any stock & haven’t since before they closed at the beginning of November.
I had some warranty work that was supposed to be done today. They called at the beginning of November to say they would reschedule it when they were open again.
Hopefully from next week bu5 not holding my breath.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I hope not. I bought my Hymer from them and they have been excellent. One of the good guys.

We were there on 4 November for MOT and some work and their lot was empty. Speaking to the sales people they say that is because they have sold everything they had and not got any p/xs in. They told me they were temporarily closing because of the lockdown that evening, but there was no suggestion that it was permanent.

I just hope that somebody has driven past and seen the empty lot and put 2 and 2 together to make 5.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I just hope that somebody has driven past and seen the empty lot and put 2 and 2 together to make 5.
Indeed in the first lock down our local dealers Ford Audi Landrover all took the vehicles off the Forecourt and stashed them somewhere so it looked like they were not in business

Deleted User
I believe that all motorhome showrooms are closed at the moment in lockdown but their workshops are open.

spongy

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I hope not. I bought my Hymer from them and they have been excellent. One of the good guys.

We were there on 4 November for MOT and some work and their lot was empty. Speaking to the sales people they say that is because they have sold everything they had and not got any p/xs in. They told me they were temporarily closing because of the lockdown that evening, but there was no suggestion that it was permanent.

We met each other there a couple of years ago.
Took the wife down in October for the van annual service and pooped into Gt Yarmouth which appeared closed but still charging summer parking prices. With our dog we had to resort to having a McD's to have something to eat:). Roll on next summer and seeing a big yellow thing in the skies and foreign climes :)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Took the wife down in October for the van annual service and pooped into Gt Yarmouth which appeared closed but still charging summer parking prices. With our dog we had to resort to having a McD's to have something to eat:). Roll on next summer and seeing a big yellow thing in the skies and foreign climes :)
I hope you didn’t ‘pooped into Gt Yarmouth’......was it your dog?? :unsure: (y);););)

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I remember now you mentioned it. Hope you are well.

When we were there earlier this month we came prepared with food in the fridge and took snacks with us. Got a courtesy car and drove out for a walk along the beach at Winterton and a coffee at the beach cafe, then on to Horsey Windpump. It turned out that Steve did the work much quicker than he and I thought as that is far as we got before he called to tell me that all was sorted. Meant we managed to get home in Kent in the daylight and just before lockdown.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
As an aside - something odd happened with WildAx...

Becks were appointed as a Dealership for WildAx quite recently, and I thought that was good news as Becks has/had a great reputation.
However, a few moans on the FB WEG bemoaning the lack of response & reluctance to resolve issues, seemed at odds with said reputation... and now they're no longer a WildAx dealership - which to my knowledge makes it a very short relationship.
No idea who ended the deal Becks or WildAx, or the reasons why, just seemed very odd.

OP
OP
Newfie
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
I thought it strange when I last visited 11th August this year & there were very few motorhomes for sale there, maybe 20-30 & no new vans. When we bought our Burstner in August 2019, there were so many to choose from both old & new the whole site was full 150 or so

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
The blunt message on their website doesn't do them any favours
Yes the sales side might be closed.
They could have the servicing side open if they wished.
No excuse for not answering customer emails though.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The blunt message on their website doesn't do them any favours
Yes the sales side might be closed.
They could have the servicing side open if they wished.
No excuse for not answering customer emails though.
Yes but if you want to make sure you have the MD's phone number from post #6 above, although he seems to have taken that number off the website since Brian spotted it.

I really don't blame them for closing down until after lockdown. They have nothing to sell at the moment and it is difficult to suggest that servicing motorhomes truly is an essential activity when we have all been told to stay at home.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
When my van was serviced there in February they were making some changes to the outside display area and had a large stock , in recent years have spent a fair bit refurbing the buildings and forecourt.
Drove past a couple of months back and not much stock but that is also the same at Simpsons at GtYarmouth so both have little stock which probably reflects the high level of sales following lockdown.
Hope they don’t have a problem as I appreciate their level of service.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Southdowns in contrast are “Open for business whilst doors are closed”.

The Service centre is open as normal and although the showroom has closed its doors the sales team are working behind the scenes and are available on the phone or email.
Difficult to justify at the moment isn't it? Is selling and servicing motorhomes "essential", especially since we are not supposed to be using them at the moment? Or are they to be congratulated for hiding behind closed doors?

I suspect the decision the decision has been driven solely by money, rather than any altruistic desire to offer a "service".

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Difficult to justify at the moment isn't it? Is selling and servicing motorhomes "essential", especially since we are not supposed to be using them at the moment? Or are they to be congratulated for hiding behind closed doors?

I suspect the decision the decision has been driven solely by money, rather than any altruistic desire to offer a "service".

Yes absolutely fair point.

On the other hand I have never seen Southdowns stock so low and amongst those many “new” purchasers during the summer it is perhaps likely that some will require more urgent service especially if the majority of campsites are opening from next week.

Woodster

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Woodbridge Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
We our newbies
OMG ....We hope they are still in business we only purchased our new Adria m/h in September and with any new Motorhome there are a few things that need sorting! We did think it was odd that the stock seemed so low but ours was ordered in February so not sure what is going on.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Southdowns in contrast are “Open for business whilst doors are closed”.

The Service centre is open as normal and although the showroom has closed its doors the sales team are working behind the scenes and are available on the phone or email.
They may be open but they quoted me a date for end next March to have this years already late damp check done.🤔

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Are you sure ?

Hymer still list Premier as one of their UK dealers on their website
and Premier still list Hymers on their website
Dissed their Hymer dealership last year, no new Hymers on their website.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back