Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Just as an aside as friends with a holiday home near us have just disembarked in Newcastle. They were asked to show the new entry form and were also asked how much alcohol they had and as they had a fair few boxes were told you will not be allowed this amount after 'that word we dont mention lol"Interesting not sure if others have had the same warning. Its two years since I was last in the UK so have no recent contact with immigration or customs or are they one in the same ?

Apr 7, 2008
Garstang, Lancashire, UK.
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
We have a home in Spain which we visit twice a year if in good health. Generally we go for the months of March, April and May. Then we are back home to the wonders of Lancashire for June, July and August for our wonderful summer. We normally go over to our home in Spain again for September, October and November to charge ourselves up for the wintertime which we spend oop north. Hopefully, when summat has been sorted out between the EU and the UK we will be able to continue doing what has become a part of our daily life. We do use our motorhome for the travelling via Portsmouth-Bilbao and take our time, after a few days in the house over in Spain we generally go off somewhere in the motorhome for a bit of a holiday. I enjoyed our travels way way before we became members of The Common Market and it was no problem at all. I was involved in the operation of a large coach company doing business all over Europe, again pre Common Market days and it was no problem at all. Hopefully we will be able to enjoy these times for the foreseeable future.

Deleted User
Just as an aside as friends with a holiday home near us have just disembarked in Newcastle. They were asked to show the new entry form and were also asked how much alcohol they had and as they had a fair few boxes were told you will not be allowed this amount after 'that word we dont mention lol"Interesting not sure if others have had the same warning. Its two years since I was last in the UK so have no recent contact with immigration or customs or are they one in the same ?

I think the 'Border Force' and HMRC are 2 separate entities, lots of 'spooks' watching when you disembark.

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
Untill UK and EU finish negotiating no one will know what happens on Jan 1 2021 so why speculate and worry.Whatever the outcome we will find out eventually
BUSBY
The only thing under discussion right now is a trade deal. The freedom of movement issue has already been decided. 90 days in 180...that's your lot. Thanks Brexiteers for removing the freedoms which underpin the way that many of us choose to lead our lives.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
We have a home in Spain which we visit twice a year if in good health. Generally we go for the months of March, April and May. Then we are back home to the wonders of Lancashire for June, July and August for our wonderful summer. We normally go over to our home in Spain again for September, October and November to charge ourselves up for the wintertime which we spend oop north. Hopefully, when summat has been sorted out between the EU and the UK we will be able to continue doing what has become a part of our daily life. We do use our motorhome for the travelling via Portsmouth-Bilbao and take our time, after a few days in the house over in Spain we generally go off somewhere in the motorhome for a bit of a holiday. I enjoyed our travels way way before we became members of The Common Market and it was no problem at all. I was involved in the operation of a large coach company doing business all over Europe, again pre Common Market days and it was no problem at all. Hopefully we will be able to enjoy these times for the foreseeable future.
As it stands right now, you will not.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
The only thing under discussion right now is a trade deal. The freedom of movement issue has already been decided. 90 days in 180...that's your lot. Thanks Brexiteers for removing the freedoms which underpin the way that many of us choose to lead our lives.
This has been said over and over . Trade is the only discussion and sticking point .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I've never been asked about anything by anyone when enetering the UK? I drive off the ferry around the port & out? Then again I've never had the steering wheel swabbed or dogs sniffing around.
He complies with the 90/180 ruling, so why not?

Pete
No he doesn't.
In spain march april ,may = 90 days .
june july agust = UK = 90 days
On 1st september when he wants to go again he has to count back 180 days , which brings him to the 1st March, roughly, & if he has been in the EU for 90 days then he cannot enter until 1st december.
So no he cannot enter.
It isn't 90 days in every 180 but a maximum of 90 in a rolling 180.

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
A very tiny minority :giggle:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Think you know much more than The Media then,,must be a mole in the negotiations..I will wait and see..😁😁 BUSBY.

Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
I've never been asked about anything by anyone when enetering the UK? I drive off the ferry around the port & out? Then again I've never had the steering wheel swabbed or dogs sniffing around.

No he doesn't.
On 1st september when he wants to go again he has to count back 180 days , which brings him to the 1st March, roughly, & if he has been in the EU for 90 days then he cannot enter until 1st december.
So no he cannot enter.

but on the 2 September he will still be only 90 days as the 1 March drops off. So as it is a rolling 90 days in any 180 if you have done a block of 90 days then stay in the UK for 90 that is your 90/180 and you can then go back.
As you reach day 181 after the start of the first 90 you can stay for 1 day and after day 182 you can stay another day and so on. As long as you are out of Schengen for the 90 days you are OK.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
i think weve tried that method obviously you wasnt trying to earn a living through the three day week and power cuts
Like everything it’s not a perfect world some here are benefitting from final salary pensions a benefit many won’t have in the future

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003

No he doesn't.
So no he cannot enter.
Hi Gus, what happens if he goes on say the 10th September does he not lose days off the front of his March visit thereby taking it below 90 days in the previous 180. Very convoluted system I think.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
No he doesn't.
So no he cannot enter.

Yes he does! One needs to check and understand the following!....

90/180 Schengen Visa Rule
The 180-day period keeps rolling. Therefore, anytime you wish to enter the Schengen, you just have to count backwards the last 180 days, and see if you have been present in the Schengen for more than 90 days throughout that period.

Pete

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
But in different ways. the Uk resident can only have 90/180 in all schengen. The permanent foreign resident with TIE can have 90 days in one eu state then 90 in next door etc; exactly the same as now.
Where did you find that, please? My interpretation was that permanent residence in one Schengen country gave you as much time as you like in that country obviously, plus the equivalent of a Schengen visa for the rest of Schengen, I.e. 90/180 for all of Schengen outside your country of residence. Not for each other Schengen country separately. I wish!

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Hopefully the final deal will allow free travel (we’ll need to wait and see)

if not my Paddy pass will work fine and swmbo can sit home waiting for post cards :ROFLMAO:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Screenshot_20201004-172537_Chrome.jpg

Am I doing it wrong??

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
So in layman terms, if I wish to be in Europe for Spring and Autumn for 90 day trips and I break each of these trips up with a 90 day period back in the UK, is this workable under the terms we anticipate will be introduced?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes he does! One needs to check and understand the following!....
Yes apologies it is me getting confused with what it used to be years ago.
Where did you find that, please? My interpretation was that permanent residence in one Schengen country gave you as much time as you like in that country obviously, plus the equivalent of a Schengen visa for the rest of Schengen, I.e. 90/180 for all of Schengen outside your country of residence. Not for each other Schengen country separately. I wish!
Permanent residency under EU rules in excess of 5 years made you the same as a national without the passport. You retain exactly the same rights that you had before under the withdrawal agreement(WA).
I specifically asked the question of the Policia Nacional on 3 seperate occasions to be told each time that i was exactly the same as a national of any EU state who could stay for up to 90 consecutive days in another state & the reset the clock by going in to another.
I had the A4 green residency sheet but obviously whilst there is no requirement to change to the new EU wide identity card the benefits are multiple.
On the spanish TIE it is biometric, holds full details including fingerprints, allows you to cross borders into other eu states without needing a passport.
I've no idea about other countries but under EU directives the card should be exactly the same as the one I have just got accept stating what country it was issued by.
The other thing , & pointed out at the police station is that as a permanent resident in spain If I travelled into France who would know how long I had been there as there are no borders & the production of the card shows basically that I am spanish but without the passport.

Here is the Moncloa( spanish parliament day to day records) showing that travel without a passport & with the card alone is ok.
https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/lang/en/brexit/howtoprepare/Paginas/190108residence.aspx

**However, obtaining this residence document, which complies with a model established at a European level and which expressly mentions the holder's status as beneficiary of the Withdrawal Agreement, is very useful, as it is a physical card that includes biometric elements that will allow many administrative procedures to be carried out, including crossing foreign borders within the European Union. **

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back