Rally Chat In the news - Gatherings of more than six banned (7 Viewers)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Getting a bit out of hand really IMV. There is an Issue with an age related group circa 17 to 30+, who have been disregarding the social distancing recommendations. Amongst said group is now a "spike" in reported cases, this could just as easily be due to the track and trace picking up more cases, as there actually being more?, and they tend to be the grouping that is least affected in the main. However the real issue is that this group tend to have within their "bubble" older family members who are seriously vulnerable.

What I fail to understand is that we are all able to go to the Pub/Restaurant/Gym etc; and thereby spend money, that is not classed as needing the same level of social distancing?. It was the same in the full lockdown. You could risk your health going shopping, some of it non essential. BUT 2 persons in a Motorhome, fully self isolating in the back of beyond, where being roundly castigated and how "naughty" they where?. To me it smacks of double standards. I can still go and play "Team Sport". But My neighbours 80th birthday is off, despite the fact whilst he has finished radium treatment he may not see 81 anyway.

There have been an awful lot of double standards during this pandemic, of a disease originating in the same place as 3 others in the last decade!.
Does a spike mean more deaths?
Are there figures to show that covid is now killing more people?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Starting to show now in France in hospital admissions .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Starting to show now in France in hospital admissions .
As in people with no underlying health conditions?
People under 60?
Spike surge second wave?
The numbers show a small increase not a surge
No doubt we will never eradicate this totally but there are very few viruses that have been
What are we aiming for ... zero cases?
Never going to happen

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Not neccessarily, cases reported don`t always translate into hospitalisations and where there are we are back in the "Vulnerable" categories. The elderly, those with known health issues, etc;.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
As in people with no underlying health conditions?
People under 60?
Spike surge second wave?
The numbers show a small increase not a surge
No doubt we will never eradicate this totally but there are very few viruses that have been
What are we aiming for ... zero cases?
Never going to happen
So what would you call a significant percentage in hospital admissions for covid from the lowpoint after the first wave?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
This is all very interesting. A while back I was in the bank talking to the manager. He said that they had been advised by official sources to be prepared for a spike in infections and problems in September

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
This is all very interesting. A while back I was in the bank talking to the manager. He said that they had been advised by official sources to be prepared for a spike in infections and problems in September

Crikey !

You trust a bank manager....:doh:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I remember the same sort of objections on the basis of taking away ones liberty related to the introduction of wearing seat belts, drink driving, smoking in public places etc Eventually people get it but it does take a while unfortunately.

That old chestnut.....

Thats the one problem with trusting government - yes they banned all those - except booze itself - that kills more than illegal drugs - but brings in so much in taxes and keeps us 'happy' - and compliant...

Why are we are putting up with so much 'control' (fear).....

What happened to common sense ?

How can 6 be safer than 7.....or 20 - science? - no it's BS.....

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I'm off to Poland in 10 days and then back to Spain in October - in the MH....

Life goes on

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
If you watch today’s press conference the CMO and CSO cover this in detail.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
And that is why there are no shared tables or bacon butties together at any of the meets this year

In theory, not practice. I watched a meet (admittedly only small) on a CS a couple of weeks back they were all barbecuing together of an evening

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
We as a country have two choices.
1. Let civid run riot and spread at its own speed. Kill lots of oldes but keep the economy moving. And overload the NHS. That is what Sweden have done and outwardly everything seems to be carrying on as normal. Stteets full, businesses operating etc and the young help bring up the infection level to near levels where cross infection is decreasing due to natural immunity. Or. We try and control the rate of infection to minimise death and impact on the NHS.

None of these decisions are easy and certainly not what any politician signed up to. Its always easy to find fault retrospectively but at every turn I cannot say I would have done any different at the time.
But. We are/were really looking forward to seeing old friends at Lincoln.
Ah well.
Knocking the olds again? the very ones and their offspring who gave the country the NHS, it's certainly not the dinghy packets snowdrop millennials!

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
In theory, not practice. I watched a meet (admittedly only small) on a CS a couple of weeks back they were all barbecuing together of an evening
Find it interesting all starts with social distancing in mind but a few beers and is easily forgotten about.
The virus avoids alcohol 😷

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
But a rave is pretty similar to a group of motorhomers getting together to meet......apart from the age group the amount of fun they are having and...., Well anyway its similar in some ways!
The main difference iso the number of pills popped and the effect funsters take lots more than any rave. And the little blue ones apparently are magic:party2::party2::party2::party2:

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Getting a bit out of hand really IMV. There is an Issue with an age related group circa 17 to 30+, who have been disregarding the social distancing recommendations. Amongst said group is now a "spike" in reported cases, this could just as easily be due to the track and trace picking up more cases, as there actually being more?, and they tend to be the grouping that is least affected in the main. However the real issue is that this group tend to have within their "bubble" older family members who are seriously vulnerable.

What I fail to understand is that we are all able to go to the Pub/Restaurant/Gym etc; and thereby spend money, that is not classed as needing the same level of social distancing?. It was the same in the full lockdown. You could risk your health going shopping, some of it non essential. BUT 2 persons in a Motorhome, fully self isolating in the back of beyond, where being roundly castigated and how "naughty" they where?. To me it smacks of double standards. I can still go and play "Team Sport". But My neighbours 80th birthday is off, despite the fact whilst he has finished radium treatment he may not see 81 anyway.

There have been an awful lot of double standards during this pandemic, of a disease originating in the same place as 3 others in the last decade!.
I agree it does seem like double standards I was a victim in lockdown I had to work every day I could go shopping in a supermarket but I could not go fishing it did seem ridiculous. But it is one size rule fits all which is the only way some times.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I agree it does seem like double standards I was a victim in lockdown I had to work every day I could go shopping in a supermarket but I could not go fishing it did seem ridiculous. But it is one size rule fits all which is the only way some times.
I think the rules can't totally make sense as no one knows how many restrictions are required to get the rate down and even the effect of each individual restriction. I think appealing to common sense would be a huge mistake

Mar 11, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 1990
I am currently sat outside the motorhome on a campsite with over a 100 units on site. Everyone is pitched at the requisite distance and it is entirely safe and legal. It is however, not a question about legality, it is a question of definition. In the very recent past, I have been involved in setting up and help organise a temporary campsite. On this temporary campsite, Covid-19 precautions were in place and around 40 units were in attendance. Previously, this would have been referred to as a rally. On rallies, social activities take place but, social activities do not take place on temporary campsites. They are not social gatherings. Please do not refer to the term, "rally" as this is a historical term in the present climate.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I am currently sat outside the motorhome on a campsite with over a 100 units on site. Everyone is pitched at the requisite distance and it is entirely safe and legal. It is however, not a question about legality, it is a question of definition. In the very recent past, I have been involved in setting up and help organise a temporary campsite. On this temporary campsite, Covid-19 precautions were in place and around 40 units were in attendance. Previously, this would have been referred to as a rally. On rallies, social activities take place but, social activities do not take place on temporary campsites. They are not social gatherings. Please do not refer to the term, "rally" as this is a historical term in the present climate.
I could kiss you for this post (I know who you are) but you're not my type :whistle2: :whistle2: :whistle2:

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
I think the rules can't totally make sense as no one knows how many restrictions are required to get the rate down and even the effect of each individual restriction. I think appealing to common sense would be a huge mistake
Yep
I mean look at Hancock and Boris .... masters of common sense

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back