Rally Chat In the news - Gatherings of more than six banned (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
What process has your butcher introduced?
he has a N0;3 meat cleaver
People who work in shops cannot approach non mask wearers. Many many people are exempt in this country under disability laws. No one wants the bad publicity of 'discriminating' against a member of the public for approaching them.
If the requirement, legall, is a mask in the shop then it should be a straight forward no mask you can't shop.
It is NOT 'GATHERINGS' It is 'SOCIAL GATHERINGS' There is a huge significant legal difference.
What is the difference? I'm struggling to see one?
But it will now be easier to prosecute and generate revenue from the fines.
Apart from those who would prefer to top you rather than pay?
Until they "Victim" That refuses to wear a mask starts kicking off at the person who asked them to leave.
As above no discussion out you go , any problems use an iron bar.
Isn’t Christmas banned?
If not, it soon will be

It was here about 3 months ago .Also next easter has also been . along with any carnivals in February 2021.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Don't get my hopes up. The best place to spend xmas is probably in a Muslim country apart from the fact you cannot consume alcohol😂
That's not quite correct, it's the getting hold of alcohol that's the problem, not the consumption. :rofl:

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
What is the difference? I'm struggling to see one?
Come on Mr Lopez... people gather at a railway station (for instance) you wouldn't call that a social event would you?

Unlike a free for all rave..

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Come on Mr Lopez... people gather at a railway station (for instance) you wouldn't call that a social event would you?

Unlike a free for all rave..
But a rave is pretty similar to a group of motorhomers getting together to meet......apart from the age group the amount of fun they are having and...., Well anyway its similar in some ways!

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Apart from those who would prefer to top you rather than pay?
I don’t understand your response to my post, why would anyone want to or be able to top me, rather than pay for what?

Please explain?

My post

But it will now be easier to prosecute and generate revenue from the fines.

Was in response to
Laws haven't stopped various protests so far and I doubt it will in the future.

I think you must have your posts crossed?

Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We were planning to go to the 3 day motorhome show at Exeter last weekend and it was postponed because with the recent increased interest in motorhomes, there was not enough stock available to make it worth their while

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Who's going to enforce that? We don't see a police presence in our town from one week to the next!
We saw a police car in our village, we thought there must be a film set close by.
Phil

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Yes agreed.

I think putting rules on people's ability to associate and protest really does suit the government's agenda at the moment.

How long will we put up with these restrictions on our freedom of movement?
What agenda?

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I remember the same sort of objections on the basis of taking away ones liberty related to the introduction of wearing seat belts, drink driving, smoking in public places etc Eventually people get it but it does take a while unfortunately.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I don’t understand your response to my post, why would anyone want to or be able to top me, rather than pay for what?

Please explain?
If put in the position of being fined I would make every attempt to top as many as I could from the magistrate ,police ,anyone poking there nose in down. The more the merrier. Clarified for you?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
But a rave is pretty similar to a group of motorhomers getting together to meet......apart from the age group the amount of fun they are having and...., Well anyway its similar in some ways!
More E's get popped at a mh rally allegedly :LOL:

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
If put in the position of being fined I would make every attempt to top as many as I could from the magistrate ,police ,anyone poking there nose in down. The more the merrier. Clarified for you?
So nothing to do with my response to the post in the thread then.🙄

Strange you quoted me and respond with something that’s nothing to do with the conversation I was replying to.

Last edited:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
We saw a police car in our village, we thought there must be a film set close by.
Phil
S
Whats a Police car? We get a window licking simpleton on a pushbike every three months with PCSO on its back! Could not detect a fart in a spacesuit!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Yes agreed.

I think putting rules on people's ability to associate and protest really does suit the government's agenda at the moment.

How long will we put up with these restrictions on our freedom of movement?
When you are restricted by the lengths of respiratory tubes in your ICU bed, you will be wishing you had followed, the restriction guidelines. (y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The motorhomes in this case do not "Get together" in the sense that they do not gather as a group of people in excess of 6 persons. Yes the group as a commonality get together, they all have motorhomes, but as individuals, they do not socially gather.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
When you are restricted by the lengths of respiratory tubes in your ICU bed, you will be wishing you had followed, the restriction guidelines. (y)

Are you sure you could avoid contracting the virus just by taking 'precations'..... precautions only supposed to stop you spreading it - not catching it !

I think not

The fear created by the virus will kill more.... and ruin more lives for years

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The motorhomes in this case do not "Get together" in the sense that they do not gather as a group of people in excess of 6 persons. Yes the group as a commonality get together, they all have motorhomes, but as individuals, they do not socially gather.
They do if there's a room they have a meeting in or have a shared table or bacon butties together.

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
So brexit is a bigger issue than people dying, yes you’re right we all see things different "

People die every day though don't they? It's a natural consequence of life. Every life lost to Covid is tragic but so is every other death. We know more about covid now than we did at the start of the year and the people who are really worried can take the precautions they see fit. Life will have to continue.

Brexit is different than people dying but in my opinion, and in that of many others, on top of a pandemic it will be a disaster.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
People die every day though don't they? It's a natural consequence of life. Every life lost to Covid is tragic but so is every other death. We know more about covid now than we did at the start of the year and the people who are really worried can take the precautions they see fit. Life will have to continue.

Brexit is different than people dying but in my opinion, and in that of many others, on top of a pandemic it will be a disaster.
And others think it will be the best thing since sliced bread.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Getting a bit out of hand really IMV. There is an Issue with an age related group circa 17 to 30+, who have been disregarding the social distancing recommendations. Amongst said group is now a "spike" in reported cases, this could just as easily be due to the track and trace picking up more cases, as there actually being more?, and they tend to be the grouping that is least affected in the main. However the real issue is that this group tend to have within their "bubble" older family members who are seriously vulnerable.

What I fail to understand is that we are all able to go to the Pub/Restaurant/Gym etc; and thereby spend money, that is not classed as needing the same level of social distancing?. It was the same in the full lockdown. You could risk your health going shopping, some of it non essential. BUT 2 persons in a Motorhome, fully self isolating in the back of beyond, where being roundly castigated and how "naughty" they where?. To me it smacks of double standards. I can still go and play "Team Sport". But My neighbours 80th birthday is off, despite the fact whilst he has finished radium treatment he may not see 81 anyway.

There have been an awful lot of double standards during this pandemic, of a disease originating in the same place as 3 others in the last decade!.

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
And others think it will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Yes, as I said, we are all different.

However as I also said it is very convenient to put in new restrictions to stop people thinking about Brexit.

Show me the science behind the 6 people cannot meet socially when they can in work, go on public transport, or go to school?

Basically we can't be trusted to meet our family but we can do what we want to support the economy?

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
[/QUOTE]
why so nasty?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back