LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
For years I have put off the inevitable of the e bikes. We have a motorbike for that.

Unfortunately whilst at the moselle, i didnt even need her incessant whining to realise the error of my thoughts. We were the only people on the moselle without an ebike. Even i had to realise that not everybody else was wrong and only me was right.

About 6 hours research later and i ve blown the budget on a e tandem ! Neither of us have ridden a tandem before, neither of us have ridden an e bike before. But our theory is that we will only use bikes when we go off together and this thing folds in half so can go in the back of the motorhome with the motorbike hopefully negating theft issues.

It was on ebay for 1369 with 8 available but they had a shop where it was 1299 but out of stock. Quick email and they were in stock at the shop and made purchase. Ecosmos of Birmingham. Excellent feedback on cycling forums about the shop. Not too much info or major reviews about the bike. It would appear they have sold 3 today since putting them on there.

Whilst we were getting jealous in the moselle we decided on the kampa chairs that lean back and a footstall appears as well. Normally about a ton a piece but managed to get 2 for 135 off amazon.
Kampa 2 x Modena Comfort Chairs PLUS 2 x Attachable Footrests (search on amazon)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Last week hubby got 10 bags of mulch (40L for £1.99 from Lidl), this was to supplement the 10 bags he had bought previously ... as I'm the one he got these lovely 'presents' for you can guess who's the one having to make use of them in the garden! :rolleyes:

Tar Ten

Free Member
Jun 19, 2020
Elgin/ Morayshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600fse
Exp
im a noob
OMG...

New single din dab head unit
TomTom 6200 sat nav
Rear view mirror video record g sensor rear camera wipe your bum thingy ma jigs
Fibreglass mesh for all windows
25M ext lead
Mattress breather protector
Aquaroll
Waste Unit
New shower head and rail
Led lighting
Towel rails
wheel chocks
Sub Pump with hose
Electric whisk
fresnel side screen see e outee thingy for lefty drive beastie
Single curtain to line headboard above drivers/passengers seats
Refill gas bottle ( Looking to upgrade to Gasit Or gaslow but don't know which yet)
Awning groundsheet
towel rails
lots of wine
lots of beer
kettle....
so far anyway....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yet more bags of mulch ... that makes 30! :oops: I'm sick of weeding and mulching! :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
1594836029914829087677.jpg

Saw it in Looe had to get it.

EastAngler

Free Member
Apr 23, 2019
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 1993
Exp
OMG...

TomTom 6200 sat nav
25M ext lead
Aquaroll
Waste Unit
New shower head and rail
Led lighting
Towel rails
wheel chocks
Sub Pump with hose
Electric whisk
Refill gas bottle ( Looking to upgrade to Gasit Or gaslow but don't know which yet)
Awning groundsheet
towel rails
lots of wine
lots of beer
kettle....
so far anyway....

But you don't have a MH yet looking at the details alongside your post :) - Are you going to build one from assorted items?

BTW - Fresnel thing is great for us LHD owners.

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Corner steady foot pads.
I lost one of these last year coming off the ferry.
The corner steadies are the first thing to scrape if I was going to bottom the motorhome.
The foot pads are sacrificial.
Did think about removing the steadies but would sooner loose one of them than the rear bodywork 😱View attachment 404661View attachment 404661
As you have R Clips on them why not remove when travelling , save replacing them ?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
The catalytic converter is dead easy to get at on our Peugeot Boxer, and being upwards of £700 to replace prompted me to buy and fitted a CatLoc anti theft device.

Very quick and easy to fit, literally 10 to 15 minutes ....................... lets hope it's not that sort of time for some scrote to get it off.

1594976302492.png

1594976316358.png

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The catalytic converter is dead easy to get at on our Peugeot Boxer, and being upwards of £700 to replace prompted me to buy and fitted a CatLoc anti theft device.

Very quick and easy to fit, literally 10 to 15 minutes ....................... lets hope it's not that sort of time for some scrote to get it off.

View attachment 407826

View attachment 407827
On our list of things to add - did you find a good price please?

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
OMG...

TomTom 6200 sat nav
25M ext lead
Aquaroll
Waste Unit
New shower head and rail
Led lighting
Towel rails
wheel chocks
Sub Pump with hose
Electric whisk
Awning groundsheet
towel rails
lots of wine
lots of beer
kettle....
so far anyway....
Better buy some fuel whilst you still have a bob or two😀😀

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
Getting ready for heading over to Europe at the end of the month so just bought this lot:
Cello 12v TV & Amazon fire stick
To replace the 2 160AH Gel batteries (13.5 stone each):
200AH Victron lithium battery
Victron BMS VE Bus
Victron Battery Protect
Victron Smart charger.
I need a lay down now.
Richard

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
After searching around for a suitable insect screen that the dogs could go through without smashing to pieces, we realised that the LIDL one on the conservatory door could be reduced in width to suit E510. Down to LIDL and they had some left. Works a treat!
20200718_162528[1].jpg

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
A popular thread on other forums so if no one minds I'll kick it off here unless anyone has a problem with it?OR does such exist already :Blush:
This week after endless buying extras over the last 20 months I have bought what I expect to be the last bullet in the clip before trading up when we can afford it :cry:
Air suspension! and after much deliberation I concluded that Dunlop sold by Marcle is best bang for buck and wifey picked it up from the post office yesterday for me.
I arrived home from my out of town job this evening like a child at Christmas and had it unwrapped in no time.
I'm immediately impressed with just how substantial the brackets are and the bellows are very big in diameter to increase stability.
Cant wait for a good weather day off work to fit! Instructions are child's play and I will park the back on the quatro's for a bit of crawling space :thumb:
Excellent choice bought my kit last year fitted it myself it was a doddle and that was including the compressor ,well manufactured parts only thing I had to add was the split conduit to protect the wires but it was very cheap ,good luck on the install

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Bought the multi anker suction pads to fix the awning legs to the side of the van excellent buy, also the colapz pipes to help empty waste water another good purchase .

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Excellent choice bought my kit last year fitted it myself it was a doddle and that was including the compressor ,well manufactured parts only thing I had to add was the split conduit to protect the wires but it was very cheap ,good luck on the install

That post from Techno is 8 years old . That said I agree on the kit , I bought one at the start of lockdown and fitted it . Very pleased with it except there’s one thing I would say to anybody else contemplating it , get a really long torque wrench for the u-bolt nuts , I nearly pulled my arm off trying to get to the correct setting.
Another thing , I didn’t bother with all the compressor stuff and find it only takes a few seconds with a tyre inflator thing from Aldi to bring it up from 5psi ( storage setting ) to my running pressure of 38 psi.

Andy

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
8 yrs ago and sold on long since. There is a fitting guide on here somewhere

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Bought some black proplates for the cab doors

A manometer and a truma test point hose

Reversing sensors

But its only weds so the list may grow yet 😜

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
This week (in the last few days anyway), I bought.......

A gas BBQ point, but without the obligatory hole in the MH bodywork. That just so wasn't going to happen. 😉

View attachment 409096

To be fair, I got the idea from a fellow Funster's installation.

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂
Looks ok, must admit the thought of taking a hole saw to ours and limited places we can locate it makes me think something like that may be a better alternative.

Assume thats some sort of quick release connection. Where did you get yours?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Since getting a new van I thought there would be nothing to buy ;)

How wrong could I be:LOL:

2 new solar regulators.

Carpet for inside and garage (different carpet).

New bedding,

New towels.

Tie downrange for scooter.

Quick release brackets for mountain bikes.

VB Battery master.

New Avtes Smart TV + soundbar.

TV aerial.

I fancy a portable induction hob and 360 deg camera system but don't tell Jen as i'm still working on good behaviour and brownie points.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back