LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Looks ok, must admit the thought of taking a hole saw to ours and limited places we can locate it makes me think something like that may be a better alternative.

Assume thats some sort of quick release connection. Where did you get yours?
I am happy with the small black filler in the alloy skirt for Autogas filling, but I wasn't keen on a big white plastic Bullfinch or Truma cover for the BBQ point, adorning the side wall of the MH. Also, after time, the covers yellow with exposure to the sun. ☹

Google Truma BBQ point. It can be fitted either encased, or without. It uses a GOK QR fitting. You cannot turn the valve on until the male is inserted, thereby sliding the locking collar forward. GOK do one with a red on/off valve.
IMG_20200711_115405.jpg

Ash, from http://www.motorhomecaravanserve.co.uk/ fitted it for me, as I don't have the correct tools. He also incorporated a pressure testing point into the system, for the purpose of safety checks. 👍

I fancy a portable induction hob
Aldi or Lidl do them frequently Martin, for around the £40 mark for up to 2Kw. They operate as low as 200w.
We've used ours extensively since owning our (new to us) palace, with it's extensive 12v power system. 😉

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Since getting a new van I thought there would be nothing to buy ;)

How wrong could I be:LOL:

2 new solar regulators.

Carpet for inside and garage (different carpet).

New bedding,

New towels.

Tie downrange for scooter.

Quick release brackets for mountain bikes.

VB Battery master.

New Avtes Smart TV + soundbar.

TV aerial.

I fancy a portable induction hob and 360 deg camera system but don't tell Jen as i'm still working on good behaviour and brownie points.

Martin
Martin, that's always the problem with buying a cheap little starter motorhome. The spec is always too low :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ref induction hobs:

Aldi or Lidl do them frequently Martin, for around the £40 mark for up to 2Kw. They operate as low as 200w.
We've used ours extensively since owning our (new to us) palace, with it's extensive 12v power system. 😉
Does that mean that the current draw is no more than 200w when in use or that you can lower the temperature but it will still draw 2kw?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ref induction hobs:

Does that mean that the current draw is no more than 200w when in use or that you can lower the temperature but it will still draw 2kw?
Lower consumption Mel. 2Kw is it's maximum. The Aldi one we bought also has a temperature setting if required, a timer, and a child lock.

15954389000977633048724845029148.jpg

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Lower consumption Mel. 2Kw is it's maximum. The Aldi one we bought also has a temperature setting if required, a timer, and a child lock.

View attachment 409212

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂
That's interesting, the ones I've seen were a single power input, this makes yours much more suitable for use in a MH and on sites.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Since getting a new van I thought there would be nothing to buy ;)

How wrong could I be:LOL:

2 new solar regulators.

Carpet for inside and garage (different carpet).

New bedding,

New towels.

Tie downrange for scooter.

Quick release brackets for mountain bikes.

VB Battery master.

New Avtes Smart TV + soundbar.

TV aerial.

I fancy a portable induction hob and 360 deg camera system but don't tell Jen as i'm still working on good behaviour and brownie points.

Martin
I'm looking for a new TV, which Avtes Smart TV did you go for and why ?
Thanks
Phil

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I got the 27inch connected series and then fitted the Avtex sound bar underneath, not used much yet but happy so far.

Martin
We have an LG Smart TV which is great with all the apps - got the Avtex sound bar as a Christmas present and makes a MASSIVE difference - before, if it was raining hard on the roof you couldn't hear the telly - now it is no problem, plus you get the bluetooth connection for music,

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
51 litre water hog. We are not using communal showers and toilets which means using a lot more water. A big barrel and a transfer pump will reduce the water fill up trips.

Last year’s purchase of an Efoy fuel cell is also working well. We are in our second week of camping without ehu and it is reliably keeping up with with our daily 40+Ah consumption (domestic and CPAP). Dark cloudy days and shading trees no longer an issue, not missing the solar panels and fuel used is only about 0.5 l per day.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Last year’s purchase of an Efoy fuel cell is also working well. We are in our second week of camping without ehu and it is reliably keeping up with with our daily 40+Ah consumption (domestic and CPAP). Dark cloudy days and shading trees no longer an issue, not missing the solar panels and fuel used is only about 0.5 l per day.

Sounds interesting. We have been pondering whether to purchase a solar panel. Does this system also power your fridge ?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Really... I paid +£200 from amazon...that will teach me to research
It was an amazing deal, I couldnt believe it to be honest, Had it around 4 months and well on with consuming the coffee

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
We like a G&T when lazing at the van so we bought an ice-making machine because it's not the same without ice, and a soda stream to make the tonic with, both fit perfectly in a cupboard and both weigh under 6KG
Ice Machine makes 9 cubes every 6 mins and can make 12kg in 24 hours.
One bottle of Tonic Mixer makes between 9-11 litres depending on taste, the gas bottle for the Soda Stream makes 60 litres.
Ice Machine Dimensions: 32cm x 24cm x 32 cm (L x W x H) Weight 5KG
Voltage: 220-240 V Power: 110 W

Attachments

• Ice Machine.jpeg
    Ice Machine.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Soda Stream.jpeg
    Soda Stream.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Diet Tonic.jpeg
    Diet Tonic.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 19

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A new to us S&L Atlanta 6.4FL PVC, only 3000 miles on the clock at a great price. Absolutely love it, great layout and amazing quality. All the necessary toys without the price tag!
Never heard or seen one of those before ...

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Just bought one of these lithium power banks.
Was sick of trailing cables and want to run all sorts of stuff anywhere. Will run my Transcool, charge my phone, run my projector etc. It will charge from my 12v system / solar during the day and has 60000 mah battery. Been testing it out and it seems great. Will be giving it a full workout at Peterborough show if the weather is good I will set up my outdoor cinema and run it through it. Ebay link
Screenshot_2020-07-27 TRANSCOOL 12v POWER BANK 60000mAh 12vTV laptop phone motorhome caravan b...png

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
All our Fiamma Pro C CarryBike fittings are knackered. We're at the tying bikes on with string stage.

Started pricing up spares and after 10 mins realised it was cheaper and easier to just get a shiny new one for €179.

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
VB semi air fitted by Solar Solutions in Wimborne, Dorset. Very pleased, can now raise the back of the van by 3”+, as had been having problems grounding with long overhang & fitted towbar. Would highly recommend SS to anybody, great service, very professional & did the job while I waited although a courtesy car is available if required. (y)(y)

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-line I4.9
Exp
Since 2018
Another vote for Solar Solutions. They did a very professional job of installing VB levellers on my MH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back