Rally Twin Lakes - France 2018 (6 Viewers)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Another very enjoyable stay. Lovely to meet other funsters and of course a massive thank you to Jean and Graham, perfect hosts determined to make sure that we were all kept happy.
See you all again soon. (Currently in Palencia en-route sarf!)

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Friday 14/9/18 Fishing Match at Twin Lakes
30€ was donated to the Air Ambulance
2018-09-14 (5) Funster fishing match  Winners trophy .jpg
2018-09-14 (11) Funster fishing match .jpg
2018-09-14 (7) Funster fishing match Graham Voss .jpg
2018-09-14 (10) Funster fishing match .jpg

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Many thanks to all the Funsters who donated their winnings to the Air Ambulance. It was a fun day. Thanks to Gray and Steph (Madcaravanner) for organising the event.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
We are leaving tomorrow night finally after a house move from hell we may be there before 19th but hopefully we can stay afterwards

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Just tried the loo before setting off for Twin lakes in France and the sealing flap has broken off and dropped inside the tank. A delicate ask is can anyone loan me one for a couple of weeks? We are setting off from Plymouth tomorrow morning to the tunnel at Folkestone so could pick up on the way if any funsters can help. Also put my aires book away safe during our house move and it is so safe it cannot be found!!! So looking for some help for aires on the journey down and back

Reactions: JaG

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
I have to use my phone for the internet as no broadband connection at the house yet! Frustrating but I persevere!!!
Cassette is a C200 thetford

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We are leaving tomorrow night finally after a house move from hell we may be there before 19th but hopefully we can stay afterwards
Good evening.
Glad your house move finally got sorted.
The remaining four leave here on 19th but you will be more than welcome to stay after however, the rally rates end on the 19th.
Hope someone can help with your loan requirements, and we get to see you before we leave on 19th.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just a quick thanks to everybody involved in the meet, especially Jeanne & Graham, for a lovely 8 days. We're at Oradour-sur-Glane to visit the Martyr Village tomorrow but no idea afterwards as the two places we were going to see are both closed on the relevant days. Ah well, plenty of France left to see!

Safe travelling all!

Terry and Bren (and Jamie the noisy Westie!)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry Graham I will not be able to make it as I now have a boiler problem in the static and have to wait till Wednesday for the plumber.. Gggrr.
Poor Roy, you are in the wars. Not to worry, we will cross paths again sometime. Hope you get it sorted ok.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Poor Roy, you are in the wars. Not to worry, we will cross paths again sometime. Hope you get it sorted ok.
Really annoyed Graham want to meet up with you and Jean and Kevan and lofty. Was looking forward to everyone buying me drinks and kissing me French style. However so pleased you had good weather. Very hot here in Thiviers today.. 35c.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Really annoyed Graham want to meet up with you and Jean and Kevan and lofty. Was looking forward to everyone buying me drinks and kissing me French style. However so pleased you had good weather. Very hot here in Thiviers today.. 35c.
Shame Roy it would have been good to see you!
All the best Kev and Julie

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just to let those who are left here and fishing, my rod and reel has gone walkabout!
Left on top of the table and bench top right corner of top lake after Fridays competition and no longer there. Have had a good look round both lakes and no sign. It's a 3 piece Diwai Lochmore salmon spinning rod with a Shimano 501 baitrunner. Gone but not forgotten.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just to let those who are left here and fishing, my rod and reel has gone walkabout!
Left on top of the table and bench top right corner of top lake after Fridays competition and no longer there. Have had a good look round both lakes and no sign. It's a 3 piece Diwai Lochmore salmon spinning rod with a Shimano 501 baitrunner. Gone but not forgotten.

That’s going to be a great shame if it’s not handed in.... hope you get it back Phil..

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I would say the French were there on Sunday and probably picked it up by mistake as they had loads of rods. See Garry as he will know who they are.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I would say the French were there on Sunday and probably picked it up by mistake as they had loads of rods. See Garry as he will know who they are.
Unlikely to be picked up by accident as was left on a table along with rod rest. Both now missing. I have spoken with Garry and mentioned I also saw some French guys with a lot of rods loading their van over the weekend and he said they are regulars and he knows them well and they are trustworthy. It's possible it was taken in error and if so it may be returned. Do you think I would get away playing the Chinese raffle game and take a rod from someone else !!!! I now have an unopened tin of sweet corn if anybody is looking for some bait. Free to first person who collects!

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thanks to all the funsters that we met over the few days we stayed. Although we love Casper dearly, he limits what we can join in with. Especially with the heat over the past few days. Hopefully we will meet some of you again on our travels.

Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Thanks to all the funsters that we met over the few days we stayed. Although we love Casper dearly, he limits what we can join in with. Especially with the heat over the past few days. Hopefully we will meet some of you again on our travels.
It was nice to see Casper and you along with him see you somewhere sometime

Sep 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Well almost everyone leaves us tomorrow this place will be very quiet.

It has been good meeting you all and fun doing the fishing competition
See you all somewhere some year

Ashover Vintage Festival of Light next
Already preparing for Thetford and Jaws ped racing

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
And so sadly Twin Lakes meet comes to another end. It has been a fun meet and we hope you have all enjoyed yourselves, we have certainly enjoyed doing it.
Loads of people to thank. Firstly, Garry for allowing us to invade his site, loaning his car, putting on Hog Roast and donating over 150 Euros from his collection box over the last year. Mike, Julie, Dirk, Ronald and Belinda for their help, music, Petanque and sincere friendship. And most of all the Funsters would supported us and our chosen Charity, the Air Ambulance. Between you all you raised a total of 922.86 Euros......a fantastic achievement.
There will be no 2019 Twin Lakes meet as we have other plans for that year.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Graham and Jean, you made the difference! A lot of hard work which is very appreciated. We too enjoyed the company of our fellow Funsters and of course those who were not Funsters, Safe travels to one and all.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Many many thanks Jean and Graham for arranging and organising this fantastic meet. We really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks too to everyone who was there for being great company. I think Graham is the most patient person I've ever met (y):D

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Well we only popped in for a couple of nights but stayed for 5. Why? Because we had a great time. Met Trev and Debs who were parked next to us and bizarrely live a couple of miles from us in UK. Also met James and Katherine, the house hunters and turns out James and I worked for same firm! Fishing was good and socials were social.
Safe travels to all and we might see you on
the Costa where we are now
Jan and Bob

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Thanks to Jean, Graham, Dirk, Ronald, Belinda and Gary for their input to making another superb meet.
Hope you all have a safe onward journey to your next destination.
Met 2 Funsters at Cite Europe yesterday morning.
It was only minutes before we knew we arrived in the UK yesterday after 3 months away.
The M20 was closed between junctions 8 and 9 causing a procession of vehicles on the old road.
We stopped and started for 5 miles, oh yes, temporary traffic lights on the diversion!
Road works at the Dartford Crossing, road works on the A12, a £100 fine if you park for more than 2 hours or the wrong place at the services in Boreham.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back