LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Great Guys and Girls many thanks for the update, hope to meet up with you.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
. For the last two nights have been parked on Gaurdian Parking in Essaouira 60Mdh per night, grey water and cassette manhole. Location was a 20/25 minute walk to the town (reasonable), we thought was very pleasant and interesting had lunch out swmbo birthday. Don't order salad (to share) with Tagine each, far to much food, but all very enjoyable. Thinking of making our was down to Tafraoute on Monday, any particular place to make for? .
60dh!! Blimey. It was 30dh 2 years ago. I am heading down there tomorrow.

Re Tafraoute - go to the site @Hotelman says above. Great spot. Let us know the weather please, as I am putting it off for a week or so and staying on the coast 'til it gets above freezing at night!

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Any updates on the day and night temps in maroc?

Warm by day in Kenitra @ 19° but still cool at night going as low as 6°.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
60dh!! Blimey. It was 30dh 2 years ago. I am heading down there tomorrow.

Re Tafraoute - go to the site @Hotelman says above. Great spot. Let us know the weather please, as I am putting it off for a week or so and staying on the coast 'til it gets above freezing at night!

Proper printed tickets with 60Mdh per night on them so they can avoid arguments I guess.

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
D25FA55C-6C2E-4CA4-B498-2CA1E9CD8D87.jpeg
Crossed over today and currently on the guardien parking overlooking the beach at Assilah. Has been sunny today but still a chilly wind:(

Got through customs in 25 mins so you still hold the record @Dazzlin :wink:

Went to get Data Sim from the Maroc Telecom shop but it was closed over the weekend:Eeek: Ended up going into town and got one from ‘inwi’ shop. So we have communication!!!

Heading for Kenitra tomorrow and depending on the weather will stay a couple of days to catch up with washing etc. We have been on the road since January 22nd so could do with a rest :yawn2:

Last edited:

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Mmmmm do I wait to for a catch up with @Ali n Tim or carry on as planned.
Nope. Sorry guys, you'll have to catch me. Had 2 nights here and heading south for some sun.
See you further down maroc!

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Currently on a site called Camping Bakanou, Tifnite (Not Tiznit) but not far away. A very remote location, mostly French people, but site has all the facilties. For the last two nights have been parked on Gaurdian Parking in Essaouira 60Mdh per night, grey water and cassette manhole. Location was a 20/25 minute walk to the town (reasonable), we thought was very pleasant and interesting had lunch out swmbo birthday. Don't order salad (to share) with Tagine each, far to much food, but all very enjoyable. Thinking of making our was down to Tafraoute on Monday, any particular place to make for? Or will we just come upon lots of Brit motorhomes, hope so.

Stay there until Monday, Jean Christoff puts on a great free Sunday spread with sangria,

Weather picking up now, we moved on from the wild camp at sidi boufindail today to the Legzira WC over the cliffs which we stayed at last yea.. but unfortunately the military came and moved us on.
So tonight we are at the new campsite at Sidi Ifni called Camping Tamrought
55dh brand new although not finished top facilities, showers WiFi etc with EHU thrown in, luxury for us :)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Last I read on here that Tafroute was still very cold first thing in the morning with ice on the motorhomes. If it's any consolation, other parts of Maroc have also been experiencing shit weather as we have here is Spain and even worse back home in the UK. The weather is picking up a tad now in Spain and I have friends in Maroc who are telling me it's getting better there but still a way to go. They are aiming to arrive in Tafroute on the 18th and that sounds about right to me based on my last two visits there.
Safe Travels.
IMG_0109.JPG

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
Stay there until Monday, Jean Christoff puts on a great free Sunday spread with sangria,
You are absolutely right, very good indeed and very nice sangria.

While I am on can anyone advise of a Supermarket near Agadir before we make our way down to Tafraout selling alcohol if possible. Thanks in advance.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Carefoure 30.426366 -9.592541 downstairs
And Uniprix 30.42063 -9.599351
Both in Agadir

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
That probably be last chance until Meknes or Marrakesh depending on which way your going on way back so stock up

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Quite a few places in agadir, but uniprix is easy to find and good prices ,relatively. !!

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
While I am on can anyone advise of a Supermarket near Agadir before we make our way down to Tafraout selling alcohol if possible. Thanks in advance.

How long are you staying in Tafraoute?
Planning to land there tues/wed so might see you.

Look for the red dethleffs.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Just for info, no overnight parking on the guardian parking on the essasouria sea front , you can park for the day, but must leave by 8pm

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
So we decided to try camping le calme, and it is was it says, a really tidy European type site. With a nice pool and restaurant. A little more expensive than most sites, but swmbo is happy, so it's a BARGAIN !!!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just for info, no overnight parking on the guardian parking on the essasouria sea front , you can park for the day, but must leave by 8pm

I presume you mean the parking close to the town walls, not the area behind the sand dunes about 1000m south.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
No, the parking near the sand dunes with the horses and camels. The one 400m from the campsite.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
That's a shame, we've always stopped there. Tried the campsite once and didn't stop, didn't like it at all. The other campsites a little further away are fine but you need a bus/taxi to get into the town.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
That's a shame, we've always stopped there. Tried the campsite once and didn't stop, didn't like it at all. The other campsites a little further away are fine but you need a bus/taxi to get into the town.

+1 - we didn't like the camping either & did the same thing. Odd, though, since according to Camper Contact reviews the Guardian Parking rate went from 30 DH to 60 about 3 weeks ago; now they stop overnighting completely?

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Yup. Bumped into @Hotelman there.
You can park during the day for 20dh but no overnight. He wasn't happy about it and said the police had stopped it.

I went to the campsite first after reading that the car park was the same price, but it was just about full. The guy wanted me to park in front of reception! So then I went to the guardian parking - and discovered why it was full!

tometucker

Free Member
Jul 2, 2013
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Bailey 74-4
Exp
Since 2012
My wife & I are currently returning through Spain & France to the UK after what was to be a two week motorhome trip around Morocco. Unfortunately on Sunday 4th Feb I was attacked by a youth as we parked up at the Guardian Parking area on the outskirts of the Medina in Fes. I was in the process of turning on our gas cylinder when he hit me from behind on the side of my neck. I was able to grapple with him & stop him taking anything but soon realised that blood was pouring out from the wound on my neck. He ran off as my wife came to wrap a towel around my neck to try & stop the blood loss. I soon went cold & lost consciousness after hearing my wife scream for help & an ambulance.
My point is to highlight the tremendous help we received from the ordinary people who came to our aid, the Police who organised the ambulance, the hospital for stitching up my neck & looking after me over the next three days in a private room, & subsequently monitoring my recovery & finally removing the stitches. Our biggest help came from the local authority who immediately put my wife into a local four star hotel & later, after three days in hospital, myself, completely free. They took me back & forth to the hospital during the week I was in their care & organised regular police visits from officers trying to catch my assailant.
Finally, today, the town mayor turned up at our hotel, after I had my stitches removed, offered his apology for the incident & made a very generous presentation of an extremely impressive casket.
We were very moved & my point is that the incident in no way affected our great affection for Morocco & it's lovely people, apart from one maybe. This was only our second trip to Morocco in twenty four years but we have vowed to return again and next time to see more of Fes. One person does not define a country, we really appreciate all that was done for us & it is still the most amazingly diverse country to tour from sea, sand, mountain to desert & back to snow again. Really beautiful.

Regards,
Tom

PS - Only ever saw three other Brit motorhomers & no Funsters in Morocco!

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
My wife & I are currently returning through Spain & France to the UK after what was to be a two week motorhome trip around Morocco. Unfortunately on Sunday 4th Feb I was attacked by a youth as we parked up at the Guardian Parking area on the outskirts of the Medina in Fes. I was in the process of turning on our gas cylinder when he hit me from behind on the side of my neck. I was able to grapple with him & stop him taking anything but soon realised that blood was pouring out from the wound on my neck. He ran off as my wife came to wrap a towel around my neck to try & stop the blood loss. I soon went cold & lost consciousness after hearing my wife scream for help & an ambulance.
My point is to highlight the tremendous help we received from the ordinary people who came to our aid, the Police who organised the ambulance, the hospital for stitching up my neck & looking after me over the next three days in a private room, & subsequently monitoring my recovery & finally removing the stitches. Our biggest help came from the local authority who immediately put my wife into a local four star hotel & later, after three days in hospital, myself, completely free. They took me back & forth to the hospital during the week I was in their care & organised regular police visits from officers trying to catch my assailant.
Finally, today, the town mayor turned up at our hotel, after I had my stitches removed, offered his apology for the incident & made a very !

Sorry to hear of your incident, but warming to hear of the treatment and hospitality you recieved,

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
That was a nasty incident but I'm not in the least surprised about all the help and attention you got afterwards. It is extremely rare for a foreigner to be attacked in Morocco and I'm sure the authorities are doing everything in their power to catch the miscreant. Meanwhile we do hope your recovery is going well.

In our experience the Moroccans have almost bent-over-backwards to attract foreign visitors and we have seen lots of investment (not all of which we perhaps approve of e.g. Taghazoute!) designed with this aim - they haven't got a lot else going for them to attract foreign currency!

But it does go to show that an attack such as this can happen anywhere, although we have always felt safer in Morocco than almost anywhere else. That said anyone who is contemplating visiting Morocco should please not let this isolated incident put them off.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
That was a nasty incident but I'm not in the least surprised about all the help and attention you got afterwards. It is extremely rare for a foreigner to be attacked in Morocco and I'm sure the authorities are doing everything in their power to catch the miscreant. Meanwhile we do hope your recovery is going well.

In our experience the Moroccans have almost bent-over-backwards to attract foreign visitors and we have seen lots of investment (not all of which we perhaps approve of e.g. Taghazoute!) designed with this aim - they haven't got a lot else going for them to attract foreign currency!

But it does go to show that an attack such as this can happen anywhere, although we have always felt safer in Morocco than almost anywhere else. That said anyone who is contemplating visiting Morocco should please not let this isolated incident put them off.

I quite agree

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Landed in Tafaroute this morning - it was like coming home! Nice drive from Tiznit, the scenery getting better as I got closer.
Been greeted like a long lost friend by half a dozen of the locals (all wanting something - shallow) and seen a few funsters and introduced @Dennisad to beer o'clock, nice to meet you guys.
The town has changed again in the two years since we were here. The swimming pool building has a lid on and the pool itself is tiled and looks ready to go! There are pavements where before there were none, the market has moved to the bus car park and I have not ventured past the butchers and chicken shack yet!!!
Perhaps slightly less vans here but same friendly guardians.
I will be here til about mid march, in the same spot, so if you are passing - pop in and bring a bottle(y)(y)(y)

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Landed in Tafaroute this morning - it was like coming home! Nice drive from Tiznit, the scenery getting better as I got closer.
Been greeted like a long lost friend by half a dozen of the locals (all wanting something - shallow) and seen a few funsters and introduced @Dennisad to beer o'clock, nice to meet you guys.
The town has changed again in the two years since we were here. The swimming pool building has a lid on and the pool itself is tiled and looks ready to go! There are pavements where before there were none, the market has moved to the bus car park and I have not ventured past the butchers and chicken shack yet!!!
Perhaps slightly less vans here but same friendly guardians.
I will be here til about mid march, in the same spot, so if you are passing - pop in and bring a bottle(y)(y)(y)

See you guys in a week currently at Sidi Ifni

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back