Very odd story of couple allegedly attacked in Motorhome (4 Viewers)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think that they were incapacitated by an excess of grey waste dribbling

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Load of BOLLOX!!!!!!!!

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Our dog has become very protective when we are in the van.

She doesn't even like people walking within four feet with the door closed :)

Maybe I should train her to latch onto the dangle bits of an intruder :)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Let’s look at the evidence.....

There is only one campsite in the area of saint Leger....

“A busy campsite”....

168A3ED5-94B5-4FD1-A915-44D5DB552242.png

There is however nearer...

8A1D8F2C-B87E-4ACA-9808-70B847EE7DEC.png

He works at a hospital, she is a nurse so they know about drugs and needles... they have come all the way from Northern Ireland to Cherbourg after lunch and got to saint Leger in around 7-8hrs nonstop that’s about 8pm, at a site...?
Perhaps they got robbed on a rural site by someone with needles and drugs.... they’ve heard about gassing so they know the pitfalls about staying at service areas.....
no other break in damage, no other disturbances in the van..? If on a site, get up, toilets,wash,unplug, cup of tea breakfast and nothing untoward noticed..? Not even a bit drowsy/sick...?

Fact 1: the French police treat it like an insurance claim.....

Somewhere during their holiday they fecked up and lost something, perhaps a €1000’s not €1010, not €990 but €1000...
Whether Their fault or some robber is only known to them...

Fact 2: it’s bollox.....:p

Fact 3: this is only my opinion..... :D2

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
OMG!!
Why the :swear2: did I open this thread. I knew it would be a version of the :swear2: gassing threads.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What a load of utter tosh!

Too much driving, overly tired, probably had a few drinkies before bed and then the hubby doesn't say a word until much later in the day and magically I bet the €1000 lost is the exact amount they can claim for on their insurance ... no way would they sleep through being given an injection and then, as medical people, NOT notice when they woke up that they had 'hurty bits' and bruises!

Can you imagine the poor French copper having to listen to this 'amazing' story whilst keeping a straight face?

I bet the money was left and home and they found it when the returned but have kept stum so as not to have to pay back the insurance money or lose face ... but then again I'm struggling to understand why anyone would believe this in the first place ... so one way or another they've lost 'face' anyway!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
When I've had an injection or bloods taken the nurse has to faff about finding a vein first, otherwise it would be injected into the muscle or something. Does seem an unlikely story

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When I've had an injection or bloods taken the nurse has to faff about finding a vein first, otherwise it would be injected into the muscle or something. Does seem an unlikely story
True, the other thing is would a druggie REALLY want to waste his own drugs by injecting them into strangers 'in case' they wake up????? I don't think so!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
"If this happened at home police would come out and take fingerprints and you would get updates"

Sure about that? :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
I'd have thought a swift baseball bat to the face if he had woken up would be a more apt approach from a thief. Maybe he and his missus should have smacked each other to make it a bit more believable.

It's obviously more dangerous owning a motor home than a caravan though, all these years caravaning and now ....

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
and quickly followed up with todays story http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/b...ls-of-france-motorhome-burglary-36221975.html

They felt safe in the 'hiving', rest-stop which had restaurants and a large service station, but the busy atmosphere didn't stop thieves targeting them in the early hours of August 22.

"We thought it was odd that we both overslept that morning, but we didn't notice anything suspicious until paying for groceries later that day - over €300 was missing from Darren's wallet," Charlene explained.

An argument followed about the money, but Darren was adamant that it hadn't been spent. They then returned to their motorhome, where Charlene discovered a ring that she had hidden away was sitting on a shelf under the dashboard.

"Darren kept driving and I got up to check a bag that I had buried in a locker above my daughter's bed and I couldn't believe it - five diamond rings, a watch and €1,300 were gone," Charlene explained.

"It took a while for the shock and realisation of what happened to kick in, but when it did it was petrifying."

The stolen items, which included Charlene's engagement ring, were worth £17,000.

The fearful couple went straight to a police station, where an officer pointed out tape marks around the air vent on their van.

"He said we'd been gassed, which was unbelievable but made sense," Darren said.

"I kept saying, 'No, we were in the van and it was a busy park', but he said it happens a lot and it's done by very sophisticated gangs who are also involved in gun-running and people trafficking. That really scared me.

Sorry but no way did they lose the amount of money suggesting, really 17k for your engagement ring love....

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
“five diamond rings, a watch and €1,300 were gone”

:LOL:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I suppose we were about due for another one of these. It's been a couple of weeks after all :rolleyes:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I,m off to France then if it is that easy. Any info on the best place to be "robbed & gassed"?

Have a list of the stuff I'm gonna be "robbed" of;

One of those Rolex's thingees, a 32" bar McCullock Chainsaw, a couple thousand of they there Britcoins, BMW rag top m/cycle, a turbo charged V8 Ride-on-mower and a 17th century diamond encrusted bottle brush that's been in the family since 1468.

I'm in the money, money, money, money.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Last night I was robbed and mugged. Honest. Went to sleep and when I woke up, my wallet was empty.

Then our lass told me to stop being a twat and she always took my money after I'd been to the pub.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back