LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Good selection. I'd def. help you with several of those :)
Wild Beer advocate chilling their mini kegged beer. Not sure about their advice for cans
There is also so Jaipur, dark arts stout and a couple of donkers 🥳

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
In lockdown 1 we were having the 5ltr kegs of Millionaire Stout delivered
Mmmmmmmm
Stop it!! :( I ummed & ar'd about using my 10% off newsletter offer on a mini keg of that
but now it's out of stock.
Although I do have a beer mountain already. lol
The Wild Beer mini-keg advice:

I wonder if chilling beer is a craft beer thing. My iB Silly Moo could be improved from a good drink to a great one if chilled. Got 3 bottles of that left to test with :eek:

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Enjoy Paul. Triple Karmeliet is also really good, was lucky enough to go to the Bosteels brewery last year for work and have fresh Karmeliet on tap.
Funny you should mention the Karmeliet
20201222_154054.jpg

👍👍👍👍👍

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Yes. A mini keg of that went down very well at our last summer social distanced BBQ.
And another citrus style IPA I love is WBB Maharajah IPA

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Tonight we’ve done a taste test - Black Sheep Riggwelter vs Theakston Old Peculiar. Out of the 4 of us (Me, OH and 2 grown up kids) we all preferred the Old Peculiar, although it was very close. We all like them both but said we were going to do a head to head at some point!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Tonight I started a WBB mini keg.
It's their session ale: Mr Chubbs

I rarely choose it and def. never had a mini keg of it.
But it is a good session bitter - so its like Ronseal (as in doing what is ses on the tin!!)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Tonight we’ve done a taste test - Black Sheep Riggwelter vs Theakston Old Peculiar. Out of the 4 of us (Me, OH and 2 grown up kids) we all preferred the Old Peculiar, although it was very close. We all like them both but said we were going to do a head to head at some point!
Of the two, Old Peculier is my choice too, and is usually on the shelf at Tesco on their 4 for £6 offer, along with the likes of Mc Ewan's Champion Ale, Abbot Reserve, Adnam's Broadside, and Batemans Victory Ale, all premium ales in 500ml bottles. Morrison's do a similar offer, but I think theirs is 3 for £5. :)

Cheers :drink:

Jock. :)

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Of the two, Old Peculier is my choice too, and is usually on the shelf at Tesco on their 4 for £6 offer, along with the likes of Mc Ewan's Champion Ale, Abbot Reserve, Adnam's Broadside, and Batemans Victory Ale, all premium ales in 500ml bottles. Morrison's do a similar offer, but I think theirs is 3 for £5. :)

Cheers :drink:

Jock. :)
Yes it’s a great beer :xThumb:its 4 for £6 at morrisons too, along with quite a lot of choice of others. Good for stocking up the beer fridges :xThumb:

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
I have a new found appreciation this year for Stout and the Triple Layer cake from BrewDog was amazing last night it was literally like a cake in a glass.
Try and find Tiramasu stout from Tesco.
Delicious but a bit strong at 9.2.
Worth it though

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Still a couple of days to go and still two beers but here are the last two I had up to yesterday

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
🎄🎊🎄🎊 Merry Christmas 🎄🎊🎄🎊to all my fellow Ale quaffers. 🙂

I mentioned a few weeks ago re the Harper's Coffee Stout, and not being keen to try it.

1608899377202.png

Well, I gave it a go...............and then wished I had bought a few bottles more. 😉 It was lovely, and for me it was more chocolatey, with just a hint of coffee, flavour wise. Now, although it's not right up there with Sam Smith's Chocolate Stout, it is a worthy contender for "runner up". 👍
Both that and their Toffee Ale are on the shelf at £1.20 a bottle in Aldi's................as is Bishop's Finger, another worthy Ale. 👍

Cheers everyone. :drink:

🙂

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Bit late but here are the last two I had at Christmas, both very strong and one was fantastic.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
The last 2 I’ve tried were Bradfield Brewery Brown Cow and Bradfield Brewery Farmer’s Stout. Both were delicious! Luckily we stocked up at the weekend!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back