LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just sold my perfect draft machine back on bitters and milds was getting fed up with smaller choices should improve over time.but feel pd have over sold them selves but look on the bright side uk is getting its own keg filling plant, hope they don’t brew the beer here as well as we know the difference between Stella here and in Europe.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I notice that a lot of canned and bottled beers, especially Craft Beers, are sold in 330ml measures. 😕
As a result of our EU membership, we appear to have been forced into accepting 500ml measures, (less than a pint), then forced into accepting 440ml cans, (even less again), but I'll be damned if I am going to accept 330ml measures, whilst those brewing and distributing them, want to charge pint measure prices. 😡

It's the same with many consumer items, ie, less bang for your buck. Pringles is a prime example, ie, in the smaller size tube, they kept reducing the amount in the tube, but retained the same size tube. Brewers reduce the strength of beers, so that they pay less to the tax man, yet we are charged the same price at the pump, and if unlucky, end up with a huge head on it too, so diddled twice on the same pint. 😡

Rant over. 😉

I'm currently enjoying a ........

View attachment 467239

Cheers. 🍺

Jock. 🙂
FIL always asked barman to fill glass to top or pint mark if it was short saying I want a pint of beer not froth

Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
FIL always asked barman to fill glass to top or pint mark if it was short saying I want a pint of beer not froth
Good on her. 98% or more 🤪 of our pint glasses are fill to the brim.
The ones with a pint line part way down are better.

The froth is beer tho. But the level will {never!} settle up 👍🏻
Edit: :doh: key word sneaked in…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Ex Tuggers, 3 years into Mohoing, FLT wannabies
Thornbridge Brewery Jaipur 330ml (very small tined beer) @£6 for 4 cans
Sorry to have to report a big Beer disappointment, I have met the Brewery lady owner, along with a load of other funsters at a meet down in The New Forrest last year, and was so looking forward to trying this beer, but its so bitter for an IPA, I cant face drinking the remaining 3:eek: as it spoils my pallet and my mouth is left with this horrible bitter taste.
Very much overpriced for small cans, I can only hope it tastes better out the tap in the pub, if I do see it one day I will start with a small half pint.;)

I have been so enjoying some decent ales recently though like these ones:
Wainrights Golden Beer 500ml 4.1% @ £1.40 each Sainsburys
Hophouse 13 Lager 650ml 4.6% @£1.80 each.
Proper Job IPA 500ml ,5.5% @£1.70 each (Powerfully Hopped)
Doom Bar 500ml @£1.70 each.

Cheers everyone.
LES

May 23, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic e i47
Exp
Since 2013
Fierce
IMG_5258(5).JPG
Collaboration with New Zealand Beer Collective, Big Night In Part 2 Imperial Coffee Porter 10% .

Very nice but high abv part of a pair to be drunk individually or 50/50 blended.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
West Country Motorhomes
Passionate about energy
Rhino Installs