Yippee - no more canvas for me (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2017
Bakewell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo
Exp
Went to the wonderful Good Life Experience Festival at Hawarden. Bell tent - bent back, freezing, punishment bed, changing nappies on plastic groundsheet. Festival was a dream. The ensuing cold/flu forced a bed rest. Never again. Canvas be gone. Spent day and sleepless night researching options. Announced to my husband that i had the solution. Set off next day - to double check my research by actually seeing the product that was going to solve all my woes. Hundreds of miles - driven by two friends - i was still recovering! Bought a MotorHome. Pick up 12th October. Yippee.

Jim and I have a Brewery, Thornbridge. So we are often out and about with our Brewery hats on - now we can do it more - all year round - without the bent backs...

I’m the techno one - so cramming up on everything and learning so much from reading everyone’s thoughts and tips - so thank you. Hopefully we will meet one day and i can share one of our beers with you.

Also wondering whether someone would help me think about a meet up at our Brewery - we run social events already (and a festival In Bakewell, Derbyshire called Peakender) - but it had occurred to me that we have plenty of space for overnighters at the Brewery...

Emma

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
You have the makings of a very, very popular Funster!!!!
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Exciting times. I can think of a few Funsters who will happily organise a rally in brewery, I'm sure someone will be in touch soon. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emma Thornbridge
Sep 28, 2017
Bakewell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo
Exp
Oh btw - i’m headed to the NEC MH show - staying on site Monday 16th October - so i can do the show on Tuesday. Hoping i might find some useful and not so useful things/ideas to treat my TOTI to... (Thornbridge ON Tour International). Yes - already got a pet name for the bus - it really has got me so excited and sent me a bit daft - i think i have fallen in love with a bus!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
You own a brewery????? Noooooo, that'll never look attractive to Funsters :whistle:

I admire your swiftness in obtaining a motorhome & im sure you'll find it to be a true asset.

( and start marking out your pitches---you will be very popular)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: And welcome
Don't think we should let Max's son and daughter in law see this thread or they will be wanting to borrow our motorhome he runs a craft beer blog in Birmingham and I think they may have been to your brewery.
We were up in Bakewell a few weeks ago when I judged the rescheduled pony classes at the Bakewell show ...it's a beautiful area.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So you are the ONE funster who could seriously organise a p*ss up in a brewery!!! Wow, you are gonna be so, so, SOOOOOOOOOOOO very popular on here!!!

Welcome

:WelcomeFlag:

... from a tea-totaller!!! :doh:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
smiley-hello-clipart-1.jpg.gif
Jim has a guide in the resources section about organising rallies. Its well worth a read.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome ! We did the babies and canvas tents for years !! Great that you have a MH makes camping so much easier !
Hope to see you in a field somewhere!!:WelcomeFlag:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello & Welcome, we were at the Festival in Hawarden as well, in fact we live there but we still took our motorhome just to get the atmosphere, agree with you great festival quite alternative, the craft and cookery were so good, I'm sure your on to a winner with a rally at a brewery :cheers: what kind of van have you bought yourselves don't forget any questions just ask.
:welcomesign:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Welcome, from the other (former) Brewery owner on here!!! happily retired and now on tour! ( was Brentwood Brewing Co. - still going strong!)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hello & Welcome, we were at the Festival in Hawarden as well, in fact we live there but we still took our motorhome just to get the atmosphere, agree with you great festival quite alternative, the craft and cookery were so good, I'm sure your on to a winner with a rally at a brewery :cheers: what kind of van have you bought yourselves don't forget any questions just ask.
:welcomesign:
Carol

I thought nobody was going to get around to asking what they had bought, mention a brewery and the possibility of a rally and everybody forgets its a motorhome forum, somebody did mention a rally didn't they(y)

Oh and :WelcomeFlag:@Emma Thornbridge

Martin

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I think i could be interested in a rally at a Brewery.:whistle: Have had some happy times up in Bakewell.:)
Welcome to the forum.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back