Jul 4, 2020
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
CI fiat Autoroller
Exp
I am a newbie to motorhoming
Hello all,
As our first trip away we are sat here looking and thinking about how we could make the m/h look a little fresher on the outside. We were thinking gun barrel grey or black for the cab and grey for the back! The front I think would be straightforward but the back is ridged so maybe easier to be wrapped. Has anyone done this kind of thing to theirs? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. šŸ˜Š
IMG_20200920_142525.jpg

IMG_20200920_141011.jpg

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I would leave it white personally, I think doing too much would only devalue it.

Maybe do something with the front bumper, lower trim and decals (but not the main side ones)
Agreed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I like the original look and agree that any major changes could devalue the motorhome .
I suggest getting some white wing mirror protectors and some bumper restoration gel . Wouldnā€™t cost much and would improve the look on the outside šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ» .

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I like the look of it and think it's quite a bonny MH, seeing a MH that has been 'painted' etc always makes me wonder what someone is trying to hide and likely devalue it.

Regardless of the colour the dimpled finish of the existing skin could make it difficult to get a good job even by someone who's well skilled in spraying and obviously be times consuming too. As for wrapping, I doubt it would an option as the dimples would make it neigh on impossible to get all the air out.

Better to add stuff to it to compliment what you have as suggested - refresh bumpers, mirror protectors, etc. Just spraying the surrounds of the locker openings/door frames, EHU inlet etc can make a lot of difference to the look.

Upvote 0

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks for all your input, all been noted and think we will take your advise. I am hoping to be able to get things like new vents, mirror covers and colour code bumper etc to just smarten it up
It looks good anyway but sounds like a good plan . I love your window cover , looks to fit very well . What brand is that one ?

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I agree that the 'van looks good as is.

If I would do anything I would colour code the bumper with the panels on the lower sides. A good paint shop should be able to match the two.

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Not sure vinyl wrapping would be practical with the surface texture.

The cab could be wrapped but I would stick with white. It would freshen it up a lot. Then speak to a detailer who could restore the paint quite significantly.

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Leave it alone how many trips out can you have with the cash.......paint job will not make it go any better or improve your personal fun factor.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Definitely do the bumpers, but Iā€™d be more worried about that huge snake....šŸ˜±
I thought it was a giant worm! :oops:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gwenu
Jul 4, 2020
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
CI fiat Autoroller
Exp
I am a newbie to motorhoming
It looks good anyway but sounds like a good plan . I love your window cover , looks to fit very well . What brand is that one ?
I got the screen cover from John cross via eBay. Ā£105.82 Inc p&p and I am quite impressed with it so far.

Upvote 0
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Has anyone on here had a MH/Camper wrapped?
Our Kingham (blue/silver) has the beginnings of looking somewhat bleached and we are considering doing something about it?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back