Winter pitches, how much do you pay and for what? (1 Viewer)

Dec 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hello all,

We have a great deal in Suffolk that includes hard standing pitch, electricity, water (not on pitch) for £690 for four months (Nov - Feb). Other sites in the East seem to be that for a month. :eek:

I'm eager to find you roughly what people are paying for their winter pitches and what's included? Also region / country if possible as no doubt there will be fluctuations.

Cheers

Oliver

Last edited:

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hello all,

We found what we think is a great deal in Suffolk that includes hard standing pitch, electricity, water (not on pitch) for £690 for four months (Nov - Feb). Other sites in the East seem to be that for a month. :eek:

I'm eager to find you roughly what people are paying for their winter pitches and what's included? Also region / country if possible as no doubt there will be fluctuations.

Cheers

Oliver
If this is the real price it’s an absolute no brainer .
You won’t find anywhere with electric cheaper than that .

OP
OP
olsgreen
Dec 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Can’t tell you a comparison site but at that rate it’s only £5.75 a night including electric.
If I was after a pitch for that time I’d be taking their arm off at the elbow. 👍

If this is the real price it’s an absolute no brainer .
You won’t find anywhere with electric cheaper than that .

I know, I've just clarified my first post, we bit their arm off and ran with it. We're on it now.

Will the site be open.......? :unsure:

No they are closing 😭

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmac0023

Free Member
Jul 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Oh wow that looked too good to be true!!

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Hello all,

We have a great deal in Suffolk that includes hard standing pitch, electricity, water (not on pitch) for £690 for four months (Nov - Feb). Other sites in the East seem to be that for a month. :eek:

Cheers

Oliver
Wow that's is cheap. We got asked to move on from where we where due to worries about a lockdown. So was looking at other sites. Luck we found one where it was work a few hrs a week for pitch and some pocket money

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I wonder if sites like long term campers in the winter for security. If a site has movement and people about it must make it harder for someone to get in and steal stuff etc. Extra eyes about who know who is meant to be there.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I wonder if sites like long term campers in the winter for security. If a site has movement and people about it must make it harder for someone to get in and steal stuff etc. Extra eyes about who know who is meant to be there.
Good point! If they offer reduced rates for over-wintering, I’m sure that full (and part) timers would be interested. :unsure: (y)

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We are at a site in Norfolk and it’s £100 a week all in with lovely amenities. Hard standing, open all year, we will b where through lockdown

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Fella at work pays £875 a month for a normal 3 bed semi and says that is good, so guess £100 a week for a pitch is ok.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Permanent pitch. All year. Water and electric on pitch. (electric metered). Basic facilities but adequate. Closed right now due to lockdown but access allowed to maintain, though no overnights.

Lakeside pitches, acres of woodland to roam in and riverside meadow.

£147 per month.

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Permanent pitch. All year. Water and electric on pitch. (electric metered). Basic facilities but adequate. Closed right now due to lockdown but access allowed to maintain, though no overnights.

Lakeside pitches, acres of woodland to roam in and riverside meadow.

£147 per month.
Where that ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Someone did some calculations here once and advised that in Winter on a 16amp hookup you could easily/carelessly be using a fivers worth of leccy a day

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Are these pitches subject to the 28 day occupancy rule, where you have to vacate them after 28 days?

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
£77/week, EHU, tap 20 yards away, toilet/shower, elsan, ditch grey water in the hedgerow. One mile from Tesco, one mile from village with shop, post office and pub, when they are open. Only downside is not on bus route, its approx half-three quarters of a mile walk to get to the nearest bus stop.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I had a metered supply last Christmas and I could very easily have used a lot more than £5 a day but chose to use gas (refillable) for heating.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Fella at work pays £875 a month for a normal 3 bed semi and says that is good, so guess £100 a week for a pitch is ok.

wow that seems very expensive £875 for a normal 3 bed semi, it must be in a beautiful exclusive area. Maybe im either out of touch or not earning enough.

Or both.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back