Winter pitches, how much do you pay and for what? (2 Viewers)

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
wow that seems very expensive £875 for a normal 3 bed semi, it must be in a beautiful exclusive area. Maybe im either out of touch or not earning enough.

Or both.
Wow where I live you could probably just about get a rubbish 1 bed flat for that. 3 bed house minimum £1300pm and nothing special.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
wow that seems very expensive £875 for a normal 3 bed semi, it must be in a beautiful exclusive area. Maybe im either out of touch or not earning enough.

Or both.
Location location location
My daughter gets £800 a month for a room in London

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
People often try to make a comparison between renting a house and a campsite pitch and I don't think that it can be easily done to be honest

We charge £16.50 a night, paid 28 days in advice on a rolling basis.

So theoretically, someone could pitch up a caravan, and that is his or her rates, electric, WiFi, water and waste taken care of. They can use the fully tiled, centrally heated showers and toilets, guaranteed parking and assured security of living within a gated community.

They have an address they can use and if they do want to go away with the unit their pitch is theirs, guaranteed the same as if they stay with family for a couple of days, they don't have to worry that their unit is safe.

All things have a value, not always measurable by the cost.

No one forces anyone to stay with us on our 28 day deal, and no doubt many people wouldn't want to stay on a site and no doubt many people have deals which are cheaper, but its what we offer and we have people who leave and can't wait to come back, and we have people who's stay has been measured in years rather than months, because they are happy, feel safe, and feel that by comparison to what else is available locally the deal is fair

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005

Or both.

You have to pay around £1200 minimum a month where I live in Kent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
We sold our house back in July of this year, but did consider going down the rental route also. It was a 3 bed semi detached house in Chigwell, Essex, and it would have commanded £1800 pcm if we’d gone down that route..stupid money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back