Winter Motorhome Sites Costa Del Sol (1 Viewer)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Ah yes... my mistake....3 months in Morocco and 2 months in Spain...even better....more money for Morocco less for Spain....or have a PROPER holiday and 3 months in each minus 1 week in Spain to shoot across France...even less money for them ?. Wonder if the French and Spanish will start to think “what have we done” and put pressure on their EU masters to entice back the Brits with “stay as long as you like, just bring your money” ?. Maybe...maybe not.
Pretty much my intentions for next winter ? don't forget if you spend 3 months in Morocco (easily done) you can spend another 3 months in Portugal Spain and then bomb it through France lol

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Pretty much my intentions for next winter ? don't forget if you spend 3 months in Morocco (easily done) you can spend another 3 months in Portugal Spain and then bomb it through France lol
Ha Ha...yes that’s nine months....should be enough ?...never done Morocco but I specifically went for Saga insurance this year, (gave up Safegard) , as they seemed to be the only ones giving Green Cards for Morocco at a reasonable cost.

If Europe/Morocco doesn’t open up by November I’m off to India and surrounding countries, maybe buy a Royal Enfield as a change to the Hymer. Applied and got a 5 year multi entry visa for India for this very reason as I assumed EU might start getting bolshi over Brexit..EU countries will get none of my money then...that should make them look up, if only for my speeding tickets and vignette non compliance ?. If I’ve got only one quality it’s that I think ahead.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
But then u cant get back unless there is a direct ferry Morocco UK - 90 days in any 180 day period.
Edit - read all posts before replying
Oct Nov Dec Spain Portugal....Jan Feb Mar Morocco...Apr May Jun France Italy etc....July Aug Sept Blighty for Wimbledon and English summer and when prices go up in Europe....Oct Nov Dec Spain Portugal.....Jan Feb Mar Morocco....bung in a bit of Croatia and India Laos Cambodia and Bobs yer Uncle...sorted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Oct Nov Dec Spain Portugal....Jan Feb Mar Morocco...Apr May Jun France Italy etc....July Aug Sept Blighty for Wimbledon and English summer and when prices go up in Europe....Oct Nov Dec Spain Portugal.....Jan Feb Mar Morocco....bung in a bit of Croatia and India Laos Cambodia and Bobs yer Uncle...sorted
I think you forgot China. :imoutahere:

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Oct Nov Dec Spain Portugal....Jan Feb Mar Morocco...Apr May Jun France Italy
So in Spain 31 dec then 91 days in Morocco. Cant return to schengen area for another 89 days. Dont think its arrival to arrival. Am I wrong? I hope so.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
So in Spain 31 dec then 91 days in Morocco. Cant return to schengen area for another 89 days. Dont think its arrival to arrival. Am I wrong? I hope so.
You are....90 days In Morocco...90 days in Schengen.....90 days UK....90 days in Schengen....that’s 180 days of 360 days in Schengen.....divide by two....that’s 90 days in 180 days.....I think ?

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Don't think Spain will suffer from long stay winter visitors from the UK being restricted....why should they, 2 x 3 months restriction is not a total ban, other nationalities will still come, for as long as they wish.....and summer visitors paying for full price holidays will bridge the gap......careful planning will allow those who migrate for winter to continue to do so.....
One group, Brits who live within our complex and other areas of Spain will be hit hard, they have paid for their place in the sun, a big wad of cash, to use as they wish, they cannot take their apartment or villa to Morocco....they are the restricted ones. No good complaining now, it was a democratic vote that has brought this on.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Don't think Spain will suffer from long stay winter visitors from the UK being restricted....why should they, 2 x 3 months restriction is not a total ban, other nationalities will still come, for as long as they wish.....and summer visitors paying for full price holidays will bridge the gap......careful planning will allow those who migrate for winter to continue to do so.....
One group, Brits who live within our complex and other areas of Spain will be hit hard, they have paid for their place in the sun, a big wad of cash, to use as they wish, they cannot take their apartment or villa to Morocco....they are the restricted ones. No good complaining now, it was a democratic vote that has brought this on.
You could be right although I think long termers who would have spent 6 months in Spain over winter and now spend 3 months there and 3 in Morocco or Croatia will obviously spend less money in Spain. I’m certainly not complaining, I’m not one for spending 6 whole months in one country, I like to get about a bit, and like you say with careful planning one could....just not 6 months in a row in one of those Costa campsites with little plastic picket fences around the van ?

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Lets imagine that 10 000 Brit MHs normally go to Spain for the winter and spend €100 per day [is this stretching the imagination?]. That amounts to €1M per day.

Say they normally stay for 4 months = 120 days.
WHEN restricted to 90 days, Spain loses €30M.
In 2019 Spain's GDP was approx $1.4trillion. [approx €95 000 000M]

WHO thinks that amount will be significant, even given the loss to the economy caused by Covid-19?
For those who do, will it be sufficiently significant to go against every other Schengen country (except perhaps Portugal) and allow Brits to stay longer than every other third-country resident?

Reality needs to make an appearance at some point! :rolleyes:

Gordon

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
sorry it is 90 days out of uk and then you must be back in uk for 90days before you can go back out for 90 days this will be the norm

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Don't think Spain will suffer from long stay winter visitors from the UK being restricted....why should they, 2 x 3 months restriction is not a total ban, other nationalities will still come, for as long as they wish.
+1. Snow Bird spend is a drop in the ocean compared to the spend per head of family week or fortnight summer holiday spend. Also the Germans, Dutch and Scandavians spend far more per head than Brits and they will easily fill up any empty spaces.

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
+1. Snow Bird spend is a drop in the ocean compared to the spend per head of family week or fortnight summer holiday spend. Also the Germans, Dutch and Scandavians spend far more per head than Brits and they will easily fill up any empty spaces.
Maybe , but the total UK spend in Spain is massively more than other nations with footfall being so much more.
I think UK is 19 million visitors with the nearest other country , Germany, around 11 million.
I wouldn’t bother counting the Dutch, lovely people but notoriously tight fisted. ?

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Not as far south as the op wanted but we spent 7 weeks at Los Llanos (losllanos.net) campsite early this year, luckily we left before Coronavirus struck. There is a nice swimming pool, cafe/bar/shop and a beach is only 5 minutes walk away.

Best of all, it’s cheap! We were paying about 9 euros a night with electricity!

Paul

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Maybe , but the total UK spend in Spain is massively more than other nations with footfall being so much more.
I think UK is 19 million visitors with the nearest other country , Germany, around 11 million.
I wouldn’t bother counting the Dutch, lovely people but notoriously tight fisted. ?

Attachments

• Country_of_origin_for_outbound_tourism_trips,_2017_(average_nights_spent_abroad_per_inhabitant...png
    Country_of_origin_for_outbound_tourism_trips,_2017_(average_nights_spent_abroad_per_inhabitant...png
    34.5 KB · Views: 61
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
As reported in the Catalan News, February this year.
“French and Germans were among the tourists who spent most in Spain as a whole (11.7 and 7.5 billion euros, respectively), although the British came top, spending 17.9 billion.”

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You are....90 days In Morocco...90 days in Schengen.....90 days UK....90 days in Schengen....that’s 180 days of 360 days in Schengen.....divide by two....that’s 90 days in 180 days.....I think ?
No
Although it appears that 90 days in any 180 means as you describe it ,it doesn't. after 90 days in schengen you have to be OUT for 180 days .
Additionally you will need a visa. Usually they are only obtained from the embassy IN YOUR HOME STATE. As at present with non-schengen visitors, Yanks,aussies etc; that are already here if they need a new visa they have to apply from there home country.
Even if you obtained a schengen double entry visa it still woul not allow you to stay 90 in spain then go to morocco for another 90 & then return.It does not work that way. When you wish to enter the easy way to work it out is to count backwards FOR 6 MONTHS or180DAYS & if you have been in the schengen area for 90 days then you cannot enter.

See here ;
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-types

"" the 180-day period keeps rolling. Therefore, anytime you wish to enter the Schengen, you just have to count backwards the last 180 days, and see if you have been present in the Schengen for more than 90 days throughout that period. ""

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I should coco. Most snowbirds are on a pension and spending £3000 a month? You must be joking!
The thought of Brits in motorhomes spending £100 a day in Spain made me laugh out loud... :rofl:
JJ :cool:

Hence my comment about "stretching the imagination". (y)

Of course, if "we" spend less than €100 per day then Spain loses less than €1M, so the pressure which their tourist industry is going to put on their Government to allow "us" to stay longer becomes even smaller. :rolleyes:
[Unless my other figure is wrong and there are perhaps 50 000 UK MHs spending months in the sun?]

So those hoping to get a reprieve because of our importance to their economy ought to start considering PlanB. ;)

Gordon

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks for Caravan/Motorhome Club and Camping Club advice. Defo worth a look ?

Any hands on experience of sites from Gibraltar along the coast to Malaga would be handy, thanks

La Bella Vista, Duquesa Del mar is well run, a bit pricey but the restaurant is excellent steak nite is good value and Stelvis comes once a month to the club.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
No
Although it appears that 90 days in any 180 means as you describe it ,it doesn't. after 90 days in schengen you have to be OUT for 180 days .
"" the 180-day period keeps rolling. Therefore, anytime you wish to enter the Schengen, you just have to count backwards the last 180 days, and see if you have been present in the Schengen for more than 90 days throughout that period. ""

I disagree: spend 90 days in Spain; spend 91 days in Morocco.
Count back 180 days - you've only been in Schengen for 89 days. [89; 91]
Next day count back 180 days - you've still only been in Schengen for 89 days. [88; 91:1]
Next day count back 180 days - you've still only been in Schengen for 89 days. [87; 91:2]

And so it goes on until you've been "in" for 89 days when you definitely have to leave again.

Visa requirements may complicate the matter, but that remains to be seen.

Gordon

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
KYHD works for me, if anyone asks why have you been 180 days in EU, I will explain I've been in Andorra..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back