Will the EHIC still be valid if the vote is out (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
If I had known in 1975 what I know now I would never have voted to join the EEC!

Can't put it simpler than that!

I am for OUT!

Its probably worse than FIFA!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
the thing is with "and all being equal" is

if you give everbody what they think is thier fair share on anything, there wont be enough of to go around.

Its time to treat invaders as what they are, invaders.....

and its time to treat european politions as what they are, money grubing, fat walleted, gravey train riding corroupt XXXXs

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If I had known in 1975 what I know now I would never have voted to join the EEC!

Can't put it simpler than that!

I am for OUT!

Its probably worse than FIFA!

Your the first person since 1975 that i have heard they actualy voted YES,,think your very brave to admit it. I and every one i have spoken to since then all voted no. BUT i have to admit,,and it was nearly as bad I voted for that ass BLAIR in 1997,,biggest clanger i have ever dropped...BUSBY:):)

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
fact! our nhs is in crises it cannot support more immigration legal or otherwise.
fact! our education system is in crises it cannot support more immigration legal or otherwise.
fact! we have a huge housing shortage it cannot support more immigration legal or otherwise.
fact! our fishing industry is on its knees because the EU will not allow our fishermen to fish in what was our own waters.
fact! David Cameron in his manifesto said he would reduce immigration into UK to tens of thousands each year,it has increased to hundreds of thousands.
and some want to stay in a failing EU that is dragging the UK down with it??????????
I am a WORKING tax payer i will take my chance and vote out.
OUT OUT OUT

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I get a little jacked off when they can't tell us what tangible benefits such control would give us :)

If they know of tangible benefits why don't they tell us what they are? If they can't do that why not just admit up front that they are promoting a leap into the unknown?

Surely being presented with the facts on both sides it isn't too much to ask is it? How else are we to make up our minds other than by prejudice against or blind faith in one or the other?

Graham,
You keep harping on about facts from the out crowd, you then qualify that in passing by referring to facts from both sides.
Make sure that fence is sandpapered, Mate. Splinters in your arse are no joke.

The in crowd can give no provable benefits, except for scaremongering lies.
Examples:
"Our defence will be affected, NATO will fall apart".....rubbish!
"The EU will put tarriffs on our goods".....rubbish, we would reciprocate. (Mercedes and VW would allow that, I'm sure).

Facts from the in crowd are few and far between, if any.

Facts for leaving.....control, massive savings which could be put to the good of this country rather than lining pockets in the EU.
There was life before the EU, there can be again.
EU is falling apart at the seams, it will disappear up its own a whirlwind of £ Sterling.
THOSE are facts.

If the EU were a trading bloc I would agree we should stay, but it isn't.
It's political expansion has long since knocked the Common Market principles into an expensive cocked hat.

An in vote is a vote to completely surrender our sovereignty, social well being, immigration and treasury to foreign powers who do not have the interests of the UK in mind.

We need to be out of it ASAP.

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I am not so confident. Also still undecided as to which way to vote . ..I was led to believe I was voting originally for a common market not a common government and law courts with their own ideas of sovereignty..so am finding it difficult to make a reasoned decision based on what was to what could be.
Plus one for that.......

.... the sad thing is that many people will simply vote as per tabloid editorial opinion without giving the matter much though (those that bother to vote at all). History has shown that most people do favour the devil you know, though - witness the last election, where that tendency played some part in the result - so the end result will probably be a small margin in favour of the "innies"

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Plus one for that.......

.... the sad thing is that many people will simply vote as per tabloid editorial opinion without giving the matter much though (those that bother to vote at all). History has shown that most people do favour the devil you know, though - witness the last election, where that tendency played some part in the result - so the end result will probably be a small margin in favour of the "innies"
you are forgetting the EU election ukip won more seats than any other party.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I expect the "ins" will win and then in a year or so, when they are yet again p****d off with another ridiculous EU directive, they will insist that they voted "out", just like all the "join" voters from 1975!
I often wonder, that if you believed all the people who did vote in 1975, then we shouldn't have gone in at all!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Graham,
You keep harping on about facts from the out crowd, you then qualify that in passing by referring to facts from both sides.

Examples:
"The EU will put tarriffs on our goods".....rubbish, we would reciprocate. (Mercedes and VW would allow that, I'm sure).

Facts from the in crowd are few and far between, if any.

Facts for leaving.....control, massive savings which could be put to the good of this country rather than lining pockets in the EU.
EU is falling apart at the seams, it will disappear up its own a whirlwind of £ Sterling.
THOSE are facts.

If the EU were a trading bloc I would agree we should stay, but it isn't.
It's political expansion has long since knocked the Common Market principles into an expensive cocked hat.

An in vote is a vote to completely surrender our sovereignty, social well being, immigration and treasury to foreign powers who do not have the interests of the UK in mind.

We need to be out of it ASAP.

Agree,,if we vote to stay in they will take us to the cleaners,,it will just show that after years of them ripping us off they can do it even more. Come on stand up for an independent Gt Britain and lets put the GREAT back in it. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The UK cannot afford to leave period, the country would never recover. I agree it might be close, but IN it will be...............
It would have gonea full circle then ! :LOL:
I agree in part ,however a scot you maybe but it looks like you no longer live there so how does either an EU referendum or Scottish referendum affect you and your life style..i am interested because of your decision to live outside the UK..Roy
Hopefully with an out vote ,nothing much will change. If they all want to get funny though then we can all be asked to leave.

Interestingly EHIC is not valid in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man!

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/countryguide/Pages/healthcareinSwitzerland.aspx

The same as there driving licences have to be changed after 12 months Living in the UK & in the EU they aren't exchangeable. You have to take another test.

Don't mix up legal with illegal immigrants!

At the moment pretty much anyone whose country is an EU member, can come to the UK, and that provides the majority of immigrants in the UK!

When we come out of the EU they will stop coming, in the numbers they do now!

When we only provide benefits to UK nationals (which the EU will not let us do) IMO, many of the illegals will stop trying to get in, too!
Yes with an out vote you can deny incoming EU citizens any recourse to benefits = but not those already in the UK before the 'out' vote ) but it cannot be done to illegals as they would claim asylum.

How do we know that other countries wont ask to join us in a revived EFTA?
What do you mean by "revived" ? It still exists & is the medium by which Switzerland is tied to the EU. It is only the Norwegians & Danes who are in the EEA , which requires exactly the same compliance with EU rules as being a full member. The Swiss also Have to comply with the same "open Border" policy as the rest of the EU even though they are in the EFTA .
So as I said before "out" has to mean out & with no entry into the EEA or EFTA as they all require they same as you now have but without the benefit of any input.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As to the EHIC being valid ,:), there are hospitals in Valencia now with credit card machines as they don't want to take the ehic.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I've been looking into the wife's crystal ball.
I see an in vote.
I see the EU going tits up and taking UK with it.
I see lots of folk (lots of them on here) saying "It's not my fault, I didn't vote in / didn't vote at all.

:rofl:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
As the topic has moved on from the original query I'll throw in the fact that George Osborne failed to answer AM's point this morning that Turkey gaining admission to the EU would throw open the door to some 70m of them crossing the borders. :eek:

In turn, throwing the Turkey / Syria border open to the rest of the Middle East.
Scary scenario.
All in the name of EU's political expansion.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
It was not until UKIP discussed immigration that the other parties woke up. I can remember not long ago all the major parties telling us how good immigration was for the country,,,no control was needed. It was only when they realised that we were fed up with it and it was a vote winner that they ALL changed their minds. Off course the growth in the population would not be noticed by them,,they send their kids to private schools,they have private health care,,only travel first class etc etc...so insulated none of them know what real life is about. You can't trust any of them but at least we can vote our lot out,,not something we can do with Brussels,,,OUT OUT OUT. BUSBY

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sometimes it is quicker, easier and cheaper, to demolish and rebuild, than to try to patch it up!
That way you get rid of the old and inefficient and replace it with the new and efficient!
The EU is (what we called in the Army) BER, (Beyond Economical Repair)

If the fact that the UK leaves, brings down the house of cards, then we will have done a lot of people a huge favour.
The alternative is (what we called in the logical IT discipline) "why change for change sake if we don't know it's going to be any better?"
How do we know that other countries wont ask to join us in a revived EFTA?

We don't!
But it would be good to find out!
Someone has to make the first move and it has fallen to us, so go for it I say.
Lead the way, like we always used to!!!
Yes, lead, just like The Charge of The Light Brigade :)
You are never going to get the answers you are looking for from either side, because there are no answers other than educated guesses.
Wether we stay in, or come out, no one knows for certain what the future holds!
The only thing anyone can say is that to stay in means, more of the same!
But we have got answers from the "In" side haven't we? They have told us that if we stay in we will be members of an amended EU.

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
Well I am voting OUT. Not because of what may happen if we stay in or out. I am voting OUT because of what has happened already. (Hope I don't have to spell it out)

It's a no Brainer vote OUT

Dill

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham,
Sorry John, I will keep forgetting that taking decisions responsibly depends on gathering and assessing facts don't I?
Not on the fence. As I said before, I am at a table seeking answers from those across from me.
Examples:
And the Out crowd can't disprove such claims because they have no answers.
THOSE are facts.
No they aren't facts, they are just unsubstantiated claims.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
The alternative is (what we called in the logical IT discipline) "why change for change sake if we don't know it's going to be any better?"

Yes, lead, just like The Charge of The Light Brigade :)

But we have got answers from the "In" side haven't we? They have told us that if we stay in we will be members of an amended EU.

Ha Ha Ha,,,One of Camerons jokes. BUSBY.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Graham,
Take a reality check.
Example:
Cant disprove NATO wont fall apart??
NATO has nought to do with the EU, it was there long before.
Also, see busby's post above.

You should have gone into politics.
Your responses speak much but don't actually say anything.
Your whole "wait until CMD tells us what's right" philosophy is based on the facts that the in crowd can tell us nothing but that's ok, the out crowd can tell us the bleeding obvious, but that doesn't count without benefit of a fortune teller.

Re your last quote from my clipped post:
They ARE facts, how can they not be?

Stay on the fence, Mate.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham,
Take a reality check.
Example:
Cant disprove NATO wont fall apart??
NATO has nought to do with the EU, it was there long before.
Also, see busby's post above.

You should have gone into politics.
Your responses speak much but don't actually say anything.
Your whole "wait until CMD tells us what's right" philosophy is based on the facts that the in crowd can tell us nothing but that's ok, the out crowd can tell us the bleeding obvious, but that doesn't count without benefit of a fortune teller.

Stay on the fence, Mate.
Who said "wait until CMD tells us what's right"? What I said is I want facts from both sides. What is wrong with that other than it commits the cardinal sin of not slavishly following the Brexit crowd?

I'd rather be on the fence that on the road off the cliffs with a blindfold and blinkers to stop me opening my eyes to what I might discover over the next 3 months.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Don't forget Call me Dave was all for leaving EC if he didn't get his way,,said we could manage easily on our own. Changed his mind rather quickly and they have given him nowt,,, BUSBY..
Yes, if he didn't get his way. He also always said that he wanted to negotiate sufficient change to keep us in. He now says he has done that and it is up to each of us to decide if we agree. Part of that decision making process is to evaluate the alternative, which we can not do without something tangible on which to base the evaluation.

What is so wrong about asking for that? Sorry, done it again, forgot about blind obedience to Brexit :rolleyes:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.

But not what the amendments are!!

Even the agreement CMD got has not been ratified and won't even be discussed by the European Parliament until after the referendum!

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
No slavish following, Graham.
Just expression of opinion based on current situation with the EU and its ills.

Nothing wrong with wanting info, but to decry Brexit without actually coming up with any valid opinion either way indicates sitting on the fence, knowing which way you intend to fall,

Why not express an opinion on the situation as you see it at present, rather than constantly saying what amounts to "I have no opinion", whilst advocating staying in to reform from the inside, which by your own admission is the case.
(That is a "reformed Europe" which hasn't as yet been delivered or even described.)

You only seem to relate to the Brexits as "blindfolded and blinkered".
Does that apply equally to those who are advocating in?
Five years down the line, neither scenario is 100% predictable, but the demise of the UK as a sovereign power is more likely if we stay in, based on the erosion of our sovereignty public purse and self determination so far.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Even the agreement CMD got has not been ratified and won't even be discussed by the European Parliament until after the referendum!
But we still know what it contains - which is a lot more than we know about the other side (i.e. nothing). Not forgetting, of course, that nothing to replace EU membership would be the subject of discussion/ratification until after the referendum either (it can't be any other way).

So, we have a choice then between two alternatives which will not be finalised until after the referendum. We have politicians on both sides saying "Trust me I'm a politician and you can believe what I say but not that other person saying "Trust me I'm a politician"". The difference, so far, though is that that is where Brexit stops but the In campaign has (whether one thinks it has any worth or not) the outcome of the negotiations (nothing against at least something).

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

That sums it up.
We vote in...EU say's Naff Off.....stuck with the situation as it is, EU have a mandate to screw us even further.
WE still subsidise the gravy train.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No slavish following, Graham.
Just expression of opinion based on current situation with the EU and its ills.

Nothing wrong with wanting info, but to decry Brexit without actually coming up with any valid opinion either way indicates sitting on the fence, knowing which way you intend to fall,

Why not express an opinion on the situation as you see it at present, rather than constantly saying what amounts to "I have no opinion", whilst advocating staying in to reform from the inside, which by your own admission is the case.
(That is a "reformed Europe" which hasn't as yet been delivered or even described.)

You only seem to relate to the Brexits as "blindfolded and blinkered".
Does that apply equally to those who are advocating in?
Five years down the line, neither scenario is 100% predictable, but the demise of the UK as a sovereign power is more likely if we stay in, based on the erosion of our sovereignty public purse and self determination so far.
The vote is on 23rd June so why should there be any mad rush to decide or express an opinion when that date is 3 months away?
Where did I advocate staying in to reform from the inside (as opposed to saying it was one of the alternative choices?).
Where does my sentence which includes "blindfold and blinkers" mention either side?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back