Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Great photos love Scotland, Easter and October for me though, midges would drive me mad, and i would drive my wife mad flapping about. We have just returned from a fortnight in Anglesey and Wales. Beautiful coast line as well. Still waiting for the scientists to come up with a way of getting rid of the midges so i can visits in summer.

Think it could be a long wait!!!!

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Great photos love Scotland, Easter and October for me though, midges would drive me mad, and i would drive my wife mad flapping about. We have just returned from a fortnight in Anglesey and Wales. Beautiful coast line as well. Still waiting for the scientists to come up with a way of getting rid of the midges so i can visits in summer.

Some places seem better than others and they are bearable. There is a fair few where we are tonight. I have been bitten quite a bit but no worse than your average med holiday in the summer. I wouldnt choose to come here this time of year either but we had 9 days to fill at short notice so here we are!

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
I wouldnt choose to come here this time of year either but we had 9 days to fill at short notice so here we are!

What is it you do for work that enables you to take 9 days holiday at short notice?

Not being nosey, just curious:Smile:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
What is it you do for work that enables you to take 9 days holiday at short notice?

Not being nosey, just curious:Smile:

I only work three days a week at most and we take as much holiday as we choose :thumb:

It's not difficult to arrange, if that's what you want!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Yes I am an IT consultant, work for myself. Can do work from the van but I try to avoid it. Whenever we get some free time we just leg it in the van. Ive been lucky enough to take more than 6 months off in the last 14. Looks like a fair bit of work ahead so maybe no big trips for a while but I cant complain!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

You can always check up on them HERE, looks like they are invading Fort William & Kinlochleven today

They don't appear everywhere in Scotland, we have just spent almost 2 weeks in the highlands & seen very few.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back