Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Great photos love Scotland, Easter and October for me though, midges would drive me mad, and i would drive my wife mad flapping about. We have just returned from a fortnight in Anglesey and Wales. Beautiful coast line as well. Still waiting for the scientists to come up with a way of getting rid of the midges so i can visits in summer.

Think it could be a long wait!!!!

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Great photos love Scotland, Easter and October for me though, midges would drive me mad, and i would drive my wife mad flapping about. We have just returned from a fortnight in Anglesey and Wales. Beautiful coast line as well. Still waiting for the scientists to come up with a way of getting rid of the midges so i can visits in summer.

Some places seem better than others and they are bearable. There is a fair few where we are tonight. I have been bitten quite a bit but no worse than your average med holiday in the summer. I wouldnt choose to come here this time of year either but we had 9 days to fill at short notice so here we are!

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
I wouldnt choose to come here this time of year either but we had 9 days to fill at short notice so here we are!

What is it you do for work that enables you to take 9 days holiday at short notice?

Not being nosey, just curious:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
What is it you do for work that enables you to take 9 days holiday at short notice?

Not being nosey, just curious:Smile:

I only work three days a week at most and we take as much holiday as we choose :thumb:

It's not difficult to arrange, if that's what you want!

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Yes I am an IT consultant, work for myself. Can do work from the van but I try to avoid it. Whenever we get some free time we just leg it in the van. Ive been lucky enough to take more than 6 months off in the last 14. Looks like a fair bit of work ahead so maybe no big trips for a while but I cant complain!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

You can always check up on them HERE, looks like they are invading Fort William & Kinlochleven today

They don't appear everywhere in Scotland, we have just spent almost 2 weeks in the highlands & seen very few.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back