Who makes this motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Bre

Free Member
Dec 6, 2017
Funster No
Hi everyone, the wife and I have been looking at getting started in MHing, and we have come across this one, but the trader is a caravan dealer and says he does not know who makes it. His guess was Geist, but I cannot find out anything about it.
Can anyone help? Thanks

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 541
OP
OP
B

Bre

Free Member
Dec 6, 2017
Funster No
swift made an adventurer
Hi, thanks, I should mention that it is a 2006 with no oven but does have a grill and a French bed in the back, a fixed one.
But it is RHD.
I thought it might be made by Ace but they started the adventurer series in 2008.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have a look round for the converters plate.
Could be anywhere....door openings, wardrobe, under the bonnet.
ACE made/make an Adventurer.
ACE is part of the Swift group...a far cry from Geist.

OP
OP
B

Bre

Free Member
Dec 6, 2017
Funster No
That one has been on pre-loved before,
That is interesting as the man I spoke with said he just took it in with 11 caravans from someone and doesn't usually deal with motorhomes.
I will try and look that up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bre

Free Member
Dec 6, 2017
Funster No
Have a look round for the converters plate.
Could be anywhere....door openings, wardrobe, under the bonnet.
ACE made/make an Adventurer.
Thanks it is about 3 hours away from me so I was trying to find out as much as possible before I got there.
I might text the Trader and ask him to have a look.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With RHD and a name like Adventurer it won't be a Geist, I recokon it is an Ace which is a brand Swift used for a few years. If you are interested do get it checked thoroughly for damp & water ingress.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Preloved advert says 'custom built'

image.png

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If the seller doesn't even know the make I wouldn't be keen how will he deal with any warranty issues or do a handover showing how stuff works?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If the seller doesn't even know the make I wouldn't be keen how will he deal with any warranty issues or do a handover showing how stuff works?
With a 2006 , don't suppose there will be much warranty anyway, looks like a solid van from the photo, if it's right money and not damp , can't see a lot wrong and stuff inside will be much like any other so soon sort it out. Try him with 10 grand.:xThumb:

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
No nothing about Ace but as said Swift did one. Can't find any brochures from prior to 2005 but none show an option for Ford chassis, all are fiat from what I see. Even the logo over the cab is different to others found.

Hers the links to the brouchur I did find in case it's of any help.

<Broken link removed>

<Broken link removed>

http://media.assets.swiftgroup.co.u...ans/archives/ace/archive/Adventurer-Oct07.pdf

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No nothing about Ace but as said Swift did one. Can't find any brochures from prior to 2005 but none show an option for Ford chassis, all are fiat from what I see. Even the logo over the cab is different to others found.

<Broken link removed>

<Broken link removed>

http://media.assets.swiftgroup.co.u...ans/archives/ace/archive/Adventurer-Oct07.pdf
There does seem to be a lot of adventures made in USA , could this be a one off, trying the market?

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
What happens if you put reg in DVLA site.
Could try it under transit
Then number and different makes of motorhome makers.
I have to put my reg then Autotrail to get details it doesn’t come up under
Mercedes.
There’s also a lot of transits been pinched in passed so be careful.
But best of luck and keep asking questions. If in doubt walk away.

Regards Andy

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
I would be very cautious if the dealer has no idea ... Where did he get it from ??? .... Auction ..... ??? . Personally i would dig deep into investigating history ..
ya can always get an idea from the dealer ...... Ask for the V5 .... Record previous owner & contact them .... If dealer refuses the information TO V5 .... WALK AWAY ... Just saying!!!

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Just to add . If the dealer is ok , then he should have all the information re this van & where he obtained it re px for a caravan etc .... If he's shy on this info then .... Walk away ...
cheers ...

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I can't see as it matters , if it's right it's right , what's it matter who built it, no different than a self build, more than likely better built than mass produced ones.

OP
OP
B

Bre

Free Member
Dec 6, 2017
Funster No
Just to add . If the dealer is ok , then he should have all the information re this van & where he obtained it re px for a caravan etc .... If he's shy on this info then .... Walk away ...
cheers ...
Hi, thanks for that, the dealer says he specializes in caravans, and somehow he ended up (he says) with 2 motorhomes, this one and a much more expensive one he will sell in the spring.
He says he knows nothing about MHs.
He put it on ebay and didn't think anyone would pay much attention, that no one would be interested this time of the year, and he has had loads of calls.
He thought it might be made by Geist due to how solid it is and the look, he has looked for a label or tag to say who made it, and there is nothing, so that fits with it being a custom or self build.

OP
OP
B

Bre

Free Member
Dec 6, 2017
Funster No
I can't see as it matters , if it's right it's right , what's it matter who built it, no different than a self build, more than likely better built than mass produced ones.
Only thing I thought of is re-sell, it would be tough to sell an unknown make in a few years.

OP
OP
B

Bre

Free Member
Dec 6, 2017
Funster No
swift made an adventurer

<Broken link removed>

<Broken link removed>

I doubt it's a Swift product as it has the hab door on the right.
I phoned Swift and they say they have never used a Transit as a base vehicle, so it is looking like a custom build

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Only thing I thought of is re-sell, it would be tough to sell an unknown make in a few years.
It's 11 years old in another few years it's going to be 15 years old which is going to be getting on for any motorhome apart from high end ones, that's why I said in an earlier post if it's less than 10 grand , what's it matter, if it loses half its value it's still only going to lose 5 grand , how much will a thirty grand one lose in that time.?

OP
OP
B

Bre

Free Member
Dec 6, 2017
Funster No
It's 11 years old in another few years it's going to be 15 years old which is going to be getting on for any motorhome apart from high end ones, that's why I said in an earlier post if it's less than 10 grand , what's it matter, if it loses half its value it's still only going to lose 5 grand , how much will a thirty grand one lose in that time.?
I agree, but he is asking £14,000, which is too much for an 11 year old custom. In my opinion, of course, but I'm the one with the money, so that kind of counts!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I agree, but he is asking £14,000, which is too much for an 11 year old custom. In my opinion, of course, but I'm the one with the money, so that kind of counts!
Ok , agree, try to get him to drop it if it suits you , plenty about at that price though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back