Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We have the motorhome ...but would like to see various accessories and just to see as much of what is new as poss.
Should we go to the big caravan and motorhome show at the NEC later in the year.or are we better off going to a pure motorhome show..if so which is best...and also can you park on site ??

We are on the south coast in east sussex
though distance is no big deal :)

thanks

barry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have been to the NEC twice and proly will never go again..

Not enough odds and sods for us to look at.. mainly vans etc.

I would suggest going to one of the big out door shows.. Not sure what would be closest for you in East Sussex, but we go to the Newark show, the Lincoln show, the Great Escape plus any we happen to be near when it is 'on'.

The big outdoor shows are fantastic.. With every thing from SOG units to Soggy mats !

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've always found the outdoor shows to be better for accessories than the NEC. Been to the NEC twice (2006 & 2008). The second time we were very disappointed in the lack of accessory sellers - due to high stall rental no doubt.

Warners - see Here - have three shows still to come this year. Stone Leisure have one at Link Removed in September and Link Removed have shows at Shropshire this weekend and Newark in September.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
For an American RV it has to be MALVERN

The best as far as I am concerned it has to be Malvern.. lots of items to see and buy, especially for an RV.. but then there is loads even for the European Motorhome..

More stalls than most shows and lots of different ones you do not see at other shows and a lot related to North American Indian and cowboy/western.. plus a lot more American RV dealers there. The evening entertainment in three hals is by far the best.. just an alround great show.. We do the other out door shows and they are not a lot different in my view and places like Stratford on Avon this year was very poor compared with other years.

But we go to the shows also to meet up with friends and that is a big part of it for us as well as what we can buy or see.

Bob:Eeek:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I reckon Peterborough is the best, and probably the nearest to East Sussex now the Brands Hatch one is no longer held. Unfortunately you've missed it for this year.

Malvern is very good, Shepton Mallett is quite good and you can get there from East Sussex (where I live too) without needing to go on the motorway much (just a bit of the M27) which makes for a more pleasant, though slower journey.

The indoor shows like the NEC are not so good, and you can't stay with FUN, which really makes the weekend.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have never been to a show:Blush:

Having said that I am more than capable of coming back from a trip to town with things I don't really need.:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back