Whats your current gadget lust? (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
A fully functional blow-up doll but my endless searching is leaving me a bit deflated….🤔
i tried to take mine back because it kept going down on me, they wouldnt replace it AND said i would have to pay them extra for that bonus feature ...... :imoutahere:

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
A lighted flag pole complete with speakers.
(cough) I'm building that, lighting one up isn't as expensive as you may think. Hopefully have one working by time of Norfolk show (which I also need to book today). Adding speakers and making it dance to the music is actually the easy piece technically.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
A new Solar panel for our ecoflow. Can't bring myself to buy it until I can measure it fits in our locker (well). 100W is not proving enough.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
My envy is for a purely indulgent gadget, even though a few of you might want one aswell when you read this ??

i have a Growler alarm, fitted by Vanbitz. i have already moved the switch to turn off the internal sensors to somewhere that suits us better. My next 'craving' is for an automatic switch that turns the brightness down on the external LED's at night time, pure indulgence i know and Ash thinks it would be a lot of money for what is a pure whim ..... i like the brightness during the daylight hours as its a great visual deterrent and i suppose at night time, i shouldnt really care ...... but hw good would it be for it to dim itself at night .....

so your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to come up with a suitable dusk to dawn sensor and relay (assuming a bnormally closed relay?) to make a 'gadget/mod' to satisfy my whimsy ...

This message will NOT self destruct in 30 seconds .....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
A ride on mower with a mulcher. I do have an old Yardman but the thing doesn't collect well so I have to do two passes. Trying to justify spending the cash.
My ride-on 42" cut John Deere mulching mower was a game changer for me. With my previous ride-on, I had to pick up and empty the grass and it took me more than half a day to cut the grass. Now I do it in less than an hour.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
(cough) I'm building that, lighting one up isn't as expensive as you may think. Hopefully have one working by time of Norfolk show (which I also need to book today). Adding speakers and making it dance to the music is actually the easy piece technically.
My must have was tongue in cheek!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
No - how do you mean?
I find the clarity, focus and finer details suffer deterioration when the phone is a few years old.
They also become slower but I guess that's just the memory storage filling up.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I find the clarity, focus and finer details suffer deterioration when the phone is a few years old.
They also become slower but I guess that's just the memory storage filling up.
Interesting.
Being digital, they should remain exactly the same.
I wonder if it's the screen that deteriorates, or simply doesn't look as crisp when compared to newer ones.
Have you noticed similar degradation if the originals are stored off the phone

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Trigger to cancel Norfolk Show.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Trigger to cancel Norfolk Show.

In reality I expect to keep it toned down most of time. Less output than a set of solar lights. I don’t have the power bank for more.

Well unless you all like it anyhow. As said it may be useful for some of our vans to have the knowledge as I know for a fact how overpriced a lot of the LED that the manufacturers put in now is. 12v strip is ridiculously cheap if not outdoor rated and I honestly am shocked at the dealer prices now I know the factory price ( admittedly it’s a month wait to ship to uk ). It’s sub 2 pound a meter for fully addressable rgb strip these days. For whites or a static colour selection across entire strip it’s cheaper still.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
On the same line as Jim Asked about van lust.
What gadget have you had your heart set on for a time but can't pull the trigger on buying. I lusted for a lithium battery for a long while and now have one, then the Samsung Galaxy S24Ultra.
One of the expensive nobo(?) Jump starters/ power packs OR one of the portable (?) Lithium power banks for off grid use.
Mind, got to sell our van first and then purchase another before I can scratch that itch.
So will add, a used pop-top campervan with 6 travelling belts that is a 'good-un' and I can afford it.
Not having much luck though.

Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Nothing currently.

It was Jacket Lust with me, but now I have my Paramo wind jacket, RAB quilt and Sprayway long lightweight goretex, I can't think of anything else I need :unsure: :LOL:
You’ve even had the weather for them for the last 6 months :rofl: :rofl:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I’m contemplating getting fixed steps on both front doors on our Fiat Ducato based motorhome.
We are both 5’6” and it is a big step for us, at least I have the benefit of the steering wheel!
I look at the u tube video everyday until my wallet cries.
Save yourself some cash and just carry a wooden box with a leash…step onto it whilst holding the rope,when seated, pull it up and stow behind the seat and jobs a good un. I’ve actually seen this in action used by a vertically challenged lady and thought it was brilliant.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I really really want a CF Moto Zforce 1000 for towing behind the motorhome.

Feel free to start a gofundmonzer. I'll even do a deal - If you guys rasie enough for the quad, I'll buy the trailer.

1715381904312.png

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I'm lusting after TWO 300AH Fogstar Drift Pro's. To fit one under each seat. (on their side) Currently negotiating and hoping to be able to swap some advertising here for them. [fingers crossed] Otherwise I'll have to buy them with hard cash, but like I told Siân they are great value at just £100 each :D'

To have 600AH in the van will be awesome :D.
Will that be for your new Hymer 4x4 Jim 😇

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back