What's the best accessory you have bought (1 Viewer)

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Tap was 300yds away so a 10L would at least keep us fit I suppose.

Bought an Aquaroll...blasphemy! but storing it is another problem
You just need a longer hose ;)

We had a long (4 day) weekend away recently and didn't even use half of the contents of the water tank. They all vary in size, I suppose, and we did have access to external showers - and there were just two adults.

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Same here just 2 adults. Still trying to teach other half to be more conservative with water. Don't know what she does with it all as I'm away most of the daytime in competitions yet lights flashing by 2nd day. Think its an 80ltr tank (not sure if thats considered small) then have to also empty the grey tank (100ltr?) and fill up again. Surely should last longer than that.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I use something similar to one of these which fits snugly into the filler hole on the moho and a 20 litre jerrycan
Broken Link Removed

We use the 90° guttering elbow aswell? makes filling with a watering can a doddle!?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: SMB
Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Ours has the Truma pump thing, Can see lifiting an Aquaroll to pour isn't an option. We use a 10ltr can with a tap for drinking water

Already started buying bits people have mentioned.

First purchase was those Fiamma awning rail hangers
Next maybe one those Bialetti? coffee gizmos

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Next maybe one those Bialetti? coffee gizmos
It is called moka pot. Lots of makers out there. I bought one for about a tenner from TK Max not long ago. It was an eight cup one, but that was referring to Espresso shot cups, so about one and a half mugs. Makes very good coffee. Almost every Italian household has one I am told.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
It is called moka pot. Lots of makers out there. I bought one for about a tenner from TK Max not long ago. It was an eight cup one, but that was referring to Espresso shot cups, so about one and a half mugs. Makes very good coffee. Almost every Italian household has one I am told.

Mine is Ikea ... I actually have several ?

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
Aldi are doing a folding laundry basket which looks good as smb said for carrying dishes.

Reactions: SMB
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Just bought a kampa croc maker, brilliant makes toasties in minutes.
kampa-croque-toasted-sandwich-maker-10399-p.jpg
kampa-croque-toasted-sandwich-maker-10399-p.jpg

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I aspire to own one of those - one day

The Belgium Hymer dealer didn’t like them Robert. He said out of 25 vans half have come back to him and had cassettes retrofitted. It might be because parts for this particular system are obsolete though. One of the first things we will check at handover, I’m sure a plumber once told me to use an empty banana skin in a toilet to check the flush....but I might have dreamt that!!

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
A shower head with a trigger -- cuts down the amount of water used when showering, which is very useful when wilding. Search for 'shattaf' and you can find some very cheap ones, designed for bidets!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
A shower head with a trigger -- cuts down the amount of water used when showering, which is very useful when wilding. Search for 'shattaf' and you can find some very cheap ones, designed for bidets!
a plumber friend of mine was singing the praises of a shataf. when he explained what it was, I told him where to shove it....."that's the idea, you got it" he said

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Eco Camel shower head is a must.

Aqua roll also and a I’ve fitted a transfer pump which will double up as a spare if needed.

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I just bought the Moreko gas tank remote monitoring system, it is re branded in the USA as AP Systems, I bought it on Amazon.com and with the shipping ad import duties is £72 delivered. The picture shows 1 sensor and the monitor (you don't really need the monitor as its all on the app but handy anyway, oh apparently the monitor is set/pre programmed for a 20lb bottles so it will not start counting down until that level is reached for those with huge bottles, I have 11kg which is about perfect). Now if you read the first question asked and some replies you will notice that the system shown actually comes with TWO SENSORS, so a bargain, IF you are a bit wary but want one then I am happy to be the guinea pig and show you what I receive in a few days time as I need 2 and just ordered this (y)

Amazon deal with all the import and tax issues including delivery charges, the final price you see is what you pay, no hidden extras, half the price of the twin system sold on ebay from Germany.

Amazon product ASIN B01C5RQI74
Video here:

System info here: https://mopeka.com

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
But can't get beer in boxes. Multi tasking tools keep the payload down.....

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Just bought a kampa croc maker, brilliant makes toasties in minutes.View attachment 331418
We have a couple of Diablo toastie makers (I got them from Debenhams in a sale, years ago), and so got something similar to those to be able to make square toasties, but found that they didn't work for us in our previous MoHo. I can't remember the exact problem, but I think we couldn't balance them safely on the hob because of where it was positioned.

So we still use the Diablos (and now I've bought a suitably sized pastry cutter to cut the contents to size ;) )
Amazon product ASIN B000H7DEYA

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
For me it was ikea shoe hanger , used for carrying towels, shoes, anything.

::bigsmile:

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Titanium tent pegs for hard standings when using the much hated Vango Awning (SWMBO insists on an erection for stays of 7 days or longer - teehee) - can be driven straight into concrete with suitable blunt instrument and if I can get them out they emerge unscathed. Not cheap at nearly a fiver each but don't bend - ever.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I think it’s got to be a 10 litre watering can £5 @ B and Q. No I have changed my mind it’s joining Motorhome fun as it’s so very informative friendly mostly :) And a good place to be with so many like minded people who make it what it is .
Will up that ,,mine is a 24 litre..top trumps.BUSBY??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back