What's the best accessory you have bought (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2019
N Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
2 years in
As a newbie its bewildering the amount of different accessories out there, and in the past as a Caravanner I have bought stuff thinking i must have that, and found I never used it. So I thought I would start using the new purchase and then decide what would be handy and practical to make life a little easier whilst motor homing.

Fiamma awning hangers

These have proven to be a great addition, they take up no room and have loads of uses and best of all cost about a tenner, I'm sure the long termers have come across them, but thought they were worthy of a mention

Last edited:

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
As a newbie its bewildering the amount of different accessories out there, and in the past as a Caravanner I have bought stuff thinking i must have that, and found I never used it. So I thought I would start using the new purchase and then decide what would be handy and practical to make life a little easier whilst motor homing.

Fiamma awning hangers

These have proven to be a great addition, they take up no room and have loads of uses and best of all cost about a tenner, I'm sure the long termers have come across them, but thought they were worthy of a mention

Motorhome Awning Accessory
You linked the whole page not a product...

OP
OP
soppy
Aug 15, 2019
N Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
2 years in
Parabolic mirrors, if not already fitted

Sterling Battery-to-battery charger to ensure alternator gives max output to the habitation batteries.

Gaslow re-fillable gas cylinder

Solar panel

On reflection, I would call those 'essentials' in my book, not 'accessories'.

Geoff
Think I would agree, essentials.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
  • Solar - it makes electric hookup non-essential and massively increases where you can stay in Europe.
  • Radio with Android Auto - I was just using my phone on a dash-mount. What's on the screen is the same, but that it's bigger, both myself and the wife can see it (so she can give a 2nd opinion at difficult junctions) and she can check routes/DJ on the move is brilliant.
  • MiFi (and external aerial) - We are big internet users. We've never been somewhere we couldn't get a signal.
  • Magnet board - It's just an A3 sheet of brushed steel from Amazon stuck to a wall. We collect stickers, magnets and tickets wherever we go. We had to add a 2nd board for our grand tour this year! It's great to look back on where you've been.
  • Coffee pot - A little 4-shot Bialetti Italian coffee maker. Runs on the gas hob. Only takes a couple of minutes to fill the van with the smell of espresso, a brilliant way to wake up in the morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Quest pop-up shelter.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Having spent over £10,000 on the van since we bought it 2 years ago. The best buy has got to be the £4 frensal screen I put on the passenger window.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

made up my own winter one with coated bubble wrap that goes underneath it (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
The chair I'm sat on enjoying the view (y)
IMG_20190823_144818~2.jpg
IMG_20190823_144804~2.jpg

Blue sky and a lovely cooling breeze

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I love an accessory, I have too many. One of my favourites has to be the raskelf memory foam topper.

But if I had to clear out everything and keep just one accessory/gadget then it would be my Northstar lantern.There is just something magical about drinking a beer with friends under its bright light and gentle hiss

Amazon product ASIN B0030BGA50

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Karcher window vac. Brilliant bit of kit, and far better than a dried out chamois leather for getting condensation off the inside of the windows before lift off (our de-misters weren't the strongest!!)

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
  • Solar - it makes electric hookup non-essential and massively increases where you can stay in Europe.
  • Radio with Android Auto - I was just using my phone on a dash-mount. What's on the screen is the same, but that it's bigger, both myself and the wife can see it (so she can give a 2nd opinion at difficult junctions) and she can check routes/DJ on the move is brilliant.
  • MiFi (and external aerial) - We are big internet users. We've never been somewhere we couldn't get a signal.
  • Magnet board - It's just an A3 sheet of brushed steel from Amazon stuck to a wall. We collect stickers, magnets and tickets wherever we go. We had to add a 2nd board for our grand tour this year! It's great to look back on where you've been.
  • Coffee pot - A little 4-shot Bialetti Italian coffee maker. Runs on the gas hob. Only takes a couple of minutes to fill the van with the smell of espresso, a brilliant way to wake up in the morning.

+1 for the Bialetti though ours (around 7 years old now and a daily driver) is a 6 cup... makes 3 mugs of great coffee when topped up with boiling H2O

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Pizza stone ...... turns shop bought pizza into one you would get in a pizzeria. Add all the extras you want to get your perfect stone baked pizza.

We use it on our cadac but have also used it on a gas bbq

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018

Fiamma awning hangers

As another newbie, I read your title and immediately thought the same thing.

If you buy these too, they are doubly effective as you can hang things without loops

Amazon product ASIN B00IWTYEEO

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Tassimo coffee maker and costa coffee pods ?
Funny how we’ve never been offered a cup!!????

How’s that work when you’re wilding, is it 12v??

????

Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
I love an accessory, I have too many. One of my favourites has to be the raskelf memory foam topper.

But if I had to clear out everything and keep just one accessory/gadget then it would be my Northstar lantern.There is just something magical about drinking a beer with friends under its bright light and gentle hiss

How much !!!!

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016

I concur, though for me it would be a nice Tilley lantern, or my Dad's old Vapalux. Happy times.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back