What was your 2016 "Champagne Moment"? (2 Viewers)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
image.jpeg
Collecting our brand spanking new Hymer B544 from Becks (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Getting back to mainland UK after the Irish trip.. And it stopping raining ! We had had a month of awful weather ( wellll.. to be fair it did stop a couple of times but that was about it ).. as we pulled off the ferry and on to the dock, the rain stopped, the clouds parted and we were in glorious sunshine !
Oh and on the same trip... Pulling on to Shell Island to be greeted by @Ambilkate and loads of other Funsters for a really great week !

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
still being alive on the 31-12-16(y):LOL:
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
We had so many MH related champagne moments last year i can't recount them all.

But one of the best was this one, taken the day we went to the dealers as the long awaited Millie had arrived and could actually see in the flesh what we'd spent my pension pot on!

The look on Swmbo's face makes me so happy!
For some reason, photo 1 is sideways, Millie has been built with all wheels on the bottom..
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Twin Lakes isn't far from us, must get there some time. We are going to Blaye this weekend coming, about half hour further on. They have a fantastic wine festival on in the old citadel. Might be my 2017 Champagne moment... LOL

If you like medieval towns , and if your motorhome is not too big (JJ went in no prob with his nearly 7m long Hymer) , you can go to the municipal campsite right up in the medieval town. Quite cheap and so nice surroundings. Also the toilet block is clean , old but clean.

And... no Champagne moment in the motorhome! I only drink at home. I don't like to be carrying heavy bottles while on hols. If I was fulltiming , I guess I would have 2 small ones , I'm not a drinker so a glass of it (Pink one only) is deffo enough

Last edited:
OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Municipal campsite at Blaye isn't open yet unfortunately and the area is used for the wine festival, including the toilet block (as you say old but clean) - but wonderful location, will definitely stay there one day.

The festival is amazing: for an 8€ pass (6€ if you buy online beforehand) you get a free glass - of course - and entry to the festival and loads of activities, ALL FREE. They include wine blending session which you leave with a personalised bottle of your own blend of wine (!), cookery demos, guided tour of the citadel, boat ride up the estuary and more. Amazing. And some good wines as well

Here's a link - it is an amazing weekend Broken Link Removed

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Finding a village in Brittany with parking right beside the Brest-Nantes canal,
Then discovering that 50yds away was an open but disused Municipal site which the local Marie had decided could be used, water, waste disposal, toilets, sinks et al FOR FREE!!!
Then the following day, finding a french 'van parked where we were the previous day and summoning up all my best schoolboy french, explaining the presence of the site (which they didn't know about) and getting their thanks when they moved in.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Twin Lakes isn't far from us, must get there some time. We are going to Blaye this weekend coming, about half hour further on. They have a fantastic wine festival on in the old citadel. Might be my 2017 Champagne moment... LOL
We have quite a few friends that live around there, and always end up in montendre and blaye, but this was our first meet and the first time we had met any funsters in five years. By the way has the paying system started in blaye yet , the last couple of times we were there ,the machine had been installed but not working.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Municipal campsite at Blaye isn't open yet unfortunately and the area is used for the wine festival, including the toilet block (as you say old but clean) - but wonderful location, will definitely stay there one day.

The festival is amazing: for an 8€ pass (6€ if you buy online beforehand) you get a free glass - of course - and entry to the festival and loads of activities, ALL FREE. They include wine blending session which you leave with a personalised bottle of your own blend of wine (!), cookery demos, guided tour of the citadel, boat ride up the estuary and more. Amazing. And some good wines as well

Here's a link - it is an amazing weekend Broken Link Removed

...And if there are any cyclists going to be around Blaye at the beginning of June look out for the Randoné VTT. Meet at the citadel in the morning for breakfast, follow the route through the vineyards stopping off at chateaux for tastings on the way, then back to the citadel for another snifter. Circuits from 15 - 60km. Good day out!!!

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Didn't have one in 2016... it was mostly shite.. (all of it)... kicked out and divorced and then being shafted after she'd spent all my savings on her dwelling blah blah... :unsure:

But on a lighter note... ask me about 2017 in 2018... I'm sure it'll be a totally different scenario... and full of bubbles ... :)

However, if... AND ONLY IF... I was pinned down... I'd probs go for being part of MohoFun community.... it's kept me sane...

Mmmwwaaah!.. to you all... (blokes an'all)... (and NO!!... it's "AND ALL") :rofl:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
By the way has the paying system started in blaye yet , the last couple of times we were there ,the machine had been installed but not working.
Hi Chaser - yes, afraid last year the parking machine was working on the aire, but only 3€ a day. Don't know Montendre, will have to take a look :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi Chaser - yes, afraid last year the parking machine was working on the aire, but only 3€ a day. Don't know Montendre, will have to take a look :)
Excellent aire right in the middle of town but not on market day , Thursday , and a good one it is too, all facilities, free.
Good market too, our avatar is outside one of the bars there(y):)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Mine without doubt was saying goodbye the Rheumatologist the Urologist most of all the Oncologist, and recalling how important it felt wondering if I would see another New Year.

Now of course I am going to live forever......

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
our avatar is outside one of the bars there

Courtesy of Popeye, c'mon chaser, I have to be mentioned in the credits for 60 years.

This is the guy who will travel 40 clicks to save money on fuel, and here he is phoning his travel buddy when he could have just leaned across the table.

2016-09-15 11.42.27_800x600.jpg

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
I'm proper miffed - we never got any champagne when we ordered ours. The food hamper had better be spectacular!!!
Had Frankia on the bottle, remember it was very nice but couldn't sit and enjoy, driving home! Hopefully hamper next Wednesday will have another bottle!!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Completing on the sale of my house, December 7th,,,, seeing and buying Helga, december 9th,, getting on the ferry to Bilbao on 13 th,,,,,

Wish I'd have done it years ago!! Xx

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Completing on the sale of my house, December 7th,,,, seeing and buying Helga, december 9th,, getting on the ferry to Bilbao on 13 th,,,,,

Wish I'd have done it years ago!! Xx
That was 2015. Wasn't the highlight of your 2016 completing a French roof?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back