LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Would love to Do/See before you have to call it a day on the Motor Home front...

We have been lucky over our nearly 55 years of travelling, Campers/RV`s/Caravans etc...

Been to a few Euro Country`s.....And a lot of the world, but Not camping ....... Seen pretty well all of the UK/Scotland/Wales....

Lived in a goodly few County`s in England and moved around...

I cannot for the life of me think "What have we missed"... before calling it a day...

What is your dream ?

Before you have to hang up your key`s ???:Smile:

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I always thought that, some day, I would live on a, taller than average, narrow boat but was too busy starting and running businesses.
When I retired at 70 and had the time, I was too old to do the locks etc single handed.

Next time ay? 😄

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I always thought that, some day, I would live on a, taller than average, narrow boat but was too busy starting and running businesses.
When I retired at 70 and had the time, I was too old to do the locks etc single handed.

Next time ay? 😄
Why not take a leaf out of the books of some recent posters on here and advertise for a younger companion. I am just trying to think what former employment would be most suitable for operating the windlass 🤔🤣

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Why not take a leaf out of the books of some recent posters on here and advertise for a younger companion. I am just trying to think what former employment would be most suitable for operating the windlass 🤔🤣
A hod carrier would be good and then if the engine broke down we could go all eco and she could pull the barge while I steered. 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Next time ay? 😄

Go to France with a canal boat - no locks to operate manually, except maybe on the Bourgoine canal.

I went Le Havre to Port St. Louis in 1987 - 168 locks, not one manual.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Not concerned with what I don't see really, I know what I like and go repeatedly. I'd hate to bore myself with seeing everything.
I suppose that's one good use for television, saves you wasting time going 😏

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back