LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This is aimed at those who have had to give up the "Motorhome" life... ie..

Health reasons, Financial or what ever...

But still like to browse Motorhome Fun...

What do you miss and why..??
.......................................................................................................................................................

Me obviously health issue`s...... Money is NOT everything..

After well over 50 years, getting on to over 60 years, Tenting/Caravaning/Rv`ing/Eurovans...

And spending months and months home and abroad on the road..... I miss

Rally`s - Meeting like minded people seeing different places - Camaraderie friendship, the list is endless..

I do pop in here as much as I can.... but.... and it`s a big but.. It NO WAY makes up for what we had and did..

It`s a very lonely life away from "Motorhoming" ..... Enjoy it while you can..... :hugs:

What about you "Once were a Camper"... :wub:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Is it only me that has had to give up ??

Perhaps I am an odd one...... but really do miss it even after only a few months..

Might have to buy an old banger motorhome even with no MOT and just stick it on the drive and pretend we are away... :RollEyes::laughing:

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
Really miss camping in the desert. Different.
Yes know the feeling of total peaceful quietness been to wadi rum 3 times now Lawrence definitely had something would love to take the motorhome down to Jordan but I imagine things could get too lively once one crossed the boarder from Turkyie in to Syria.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago

Perhaps I am an odd one......
1666812613691.png
YOU SAID IT ALL MATE

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….

Perhaps I am an odd one...... but really do miss it even after only a few months..

Might have to buy an old banger motorhome even with no MOT and just stick it on the drive and pretend we are away... :RollEyes::laughing:
Tent in the back garden👍👍

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
No it isn't only you. I/we have paused our plans, albeit we had only just got started. I wasn't prepared to leave ours on the drive only being used infrequently. It may be just for the time being until my better half gives up work or maybe something will happen that changes our lives and allows us to do it 'properly'. Who knows what the future holds!

I feel like we have given up on a dream to tour Europe from top to bottom enjoying the days, weeks and months free from the 'shit' life throws at us all. For now we are 'motor-homeless'. But I will continue with my membership until such time as we win the euromillions jackpot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

On a serious note, I enjoyed most of our brief sojourn into motorhoming life and hope we can resume at some point before the end.....................

I miss the dream.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

In the nicest possible way.
"Perhaps I am an odd one....." :rofl: :rofl:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
No you are not the only one old-mo and I know how you feel we sold up a couple of years ago as I was struggling with my MS I hated seeing it sat on the drive . I’d been motorhoming since the 80’s and caravanning since I was a child.
I still miss travelling especially going over to Spain for the winter and spending a few weeks inFrance and Germany in the summer.
We may buy another but who knows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
I gave up as work and care commitments got in the way ,i cried and didnt tell family and friends for a week,i miss it very much,tried caravaning but nope it doesnt quite do it ,i miss it very much and enjoy coming on this forum listening to other people adventures…………one day🤔, but i am glad i did it when i did 👍

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Mo , as Brian said a few years back he was losing his mojo and finally packed in his RV life, I also no longer have the enthusiasm to travel as I did . We go away for a week every month but it used to be weeks at a time, I guess it’s an age thing as it’s easier to stay closer to home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back