What did you forget? (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
on our first trip abroad 3rd time away in van. Set off Dover to Calais didn’t fill up with water all we had was 2x2L bottles, not only was it January it was Sunday and we had planned aires for first2 nights, water all turned off. Took us ages to find somewhere to buy water till we found a campsite which was open :ROFLMAO:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
When we had our property in France we used to fill our fridge/freezer in the motorhome to take some preferred foods with us to start off our first visit of the year.

One year we arrived and transferred the food to our home fridge/freezer. It was three weeks later that I realised that I had forgotten one chicken breast which had been left in the m/h freezer, which was switched off.

On entering the m/h to collect something, following three weeks of 30°C temperatures, I was reminded of the fact by the smell, the green liquid leaking from the freezer compartment and the maggots.

It took days of cleaning and airing to get rid of the smell.

I have never “forgotten” to check that the fridge is really empty since.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
The toilet!

A very long time ago when I had a van with a porta potti in a cupboard, my partner at the time forgot to put it back in after emptying it 🤣
Was it this one? :Eeek:

2CAD5F91-BD62-49E0-9B32-2B17F21D735D.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
"We" have left my wallet before, driven 20 miles & thought is the back door locked, you were out last did you lock it?
Turned up on one our first rallies run by Wombles at Lymington, 3 years back, and as we drove into the site, I said where's the envelope with the dosh?, to which she said it was on the kitchen table didn't you pick it up?:swear::banghead:
Turned up at Gatwick airport, passports, airline tickets, but no idea of where we staying in Santorini, luckily we managed to find out at the airport before the flight...excuse was we were still discovering each other, if it had 4 walls and a bed we were happy.(y);)
LES

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Towards the end of my tugging days I lent the caravan to my son and a friend to spend a long on a cl in Wales. Tap and electric nothing else. Phone call when they arrived to ask where the toilet cassette was. I’d taken it out to clean. I still do not know how they managed to this day.
Perhaps they found this???
Many many moons ago me and swmbo (was only girlfriend at the time so no capitals) where going to the lake district for Easter weekend camping.
We finished work early I had all my gear in the car so drove to hers to collect her kit and all the food etc.
Drove up to Langdale, pitched tent had a look round etc then said right let's have a look at what to cook for tea. Box of grub no where to be found. It had been left in hers!!!
Pair of us instant decision, jump in car - drive back to Liverpool pick up grub, turn round and back to Langdale.
Would have been easier to go pub for tea and then bought new food next day, but we where young and poor and petrol was cheap!!!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Must be coming up to 25 years ago we left the dog behind:oops:

We were parked up on a carpark in Blackpool. When we were driving along the Prom we realised only one of the dogs was there, "where is Jess?" Jess....Jess... Oh no....U Turn

We got back to the carpark and there she was sitting waiting patiently. Thank goodness we always had very intelligent Border Collies, she was an amazing dog. Feel sad thinking back, still miss her :cry:

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Old enough now to just do treble check: Wallet & Cretin Card; Passport; Tickets; Insurance Documents & V5. 'Right, anything we've forgotten, we can buy with the Cretin Card ...'

And then we play the 'You know what we forgot to pack?' game all the way down the motorway ... Hours of fun in what sounds like a disjointed version of 'I Spy'. Silence, then, out of the blue, 'Pillows'. 'What?'. 'Pillows, I've forgotten to pack the pillows, and it's Sunday ...'. 'Is it significant that we've forgotten the pillows on the Sabbath?'. 'No, you idiot, it's Sunday, and the shops shut at 5'

15 miles later; 'Ah, with you now, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to buy pillows ...'

Strange conversations we have; and they become weirder by the year. Heaven help us if we end up in a Residents' Lounge full of such types in a 'Don't Care Home' ...

Steve & Elaine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back