well i really don`t know where to start but here goes (1 Viewer)

Yorkshireblue

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Iveco Conversion
Hi all i stumbled across this site and i just hope it`s what I’m looking for… or what i need after reading 1 or 2 post`s.
I don`t want to sound a Sado or look for any kind of sympathy i`m not that kind of Man.
I`m from West Yorkshire & 53 and sadly lost my Wife 4 year`s ago. As we always had a touring caravan but had it sited up sadly the site`s gone now & took by the sea.
Well to keep myself busy Ive been trying my best to make a Camper van with the touring caravan we had and now finely got there after 3 year`s..
But now it`s the time i really need go somewhere as Ive only done 700 mile`s in the 3 year`s.
I don`t mind the traveling it`s when i get some where i tend to stop the night and the day after back home to the empty house for another few month`s.
Any advice on the meet up`s and places to go.
Thank you for having the time to read my post. Cheer`s Paul

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
w2f Warner motorhome shows are good theres one in malvern starting thursday (y)(y)(y) also click on rallies

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f

Sorry to hear about your wife.
It sounds like you need to find your mojo and get on the road for longer periods and some of the meets and rallies on here may be just what you need.
Have a look in the rallies section and see if there is anything you fancy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hi Paul :pink: there a fair number of members who travel on their own, I do sometimes myself, perhaps try to get to one of the show rallies or meets and join in with all. are you able to get away for more than 1 night? Talk to everyone you meet on site, some will just say hello back, others might not bother, and there will always be some who have a conversation.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Hi and welcome...
Plenty of people on here from your neck of the woods....
For meets... rallies... press the three white lines top left of the screen ...then look down the menu and press rallies. Coming towards the end of the season for them soon but some still to go on so have a look see what you fancy. We've been away for weeks this summer going from one to another. New people at each rally so you wont be the only one and most of us dont bite...

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
get to the rallies there are loads of friendly people couples and singles, try some of the big meets like Malvern show (you can still book this even though not be in the funster field but can pop over and say hello)
have a look at
https://www.thephoenixcampingclub.co.uk/

good luck and I hope your jollies start to last longer than over night get yourself a decent map and just go where you fancy move on after a night but don't go home go to the next place of interest

blinking heck great minds and all that just shows who types quicker (daft sense of humour helps)

OP
OP
Yorkshireblue

Yorkshireblue

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Iveco Conversion
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
And yes i can get away for as long as i need to. And it`s all about the welcome and the company when getting to where i`m going if you all know where i`m coming from. IL have a look on what`s coming up and hopefully take my first step`s forward as i need it and thank`s again for the welcome & info.

OP
OP
Yorkshireblue

Yorkshireblue

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Iveco Conversion
Was looking at the

Chester Food Festival​

As i expected Fully Booked up any idea`s cheers Paul.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
A bit more local - pop over to Shipley glen, Baildon you can rough camp in the glen, and visit my men's shed on a Thursday morning 10 - 12noon.

Saltaire village and salts mill are 10mins walk away via the tramway.

We can talk about conversions too!

Cheers James

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Also North Devon a39 is a fantastic run plenty of laybys and motorhome stops as well as campsites, lots of great great villages and coastal walks too.

Cheers James

OP
OP
Yorkshireblue

Yorkshireblue

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
Iveco Conversion
A bit more local - pop over to Shipley glen, Baildon you can rough camp in the glen, and visit my men's shed on a Thursday morning 10 - 12noon.

Saltaire village and salts mill are 10mins walk away via the tramway.

We can talk about conversions too!

Cheers James
Sound`s good James i`m only in Bradford i do a bit of Metal Detecting over Hawksworth Guiseley & cut over the Glen.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Cotswolds - and pay this area a visit sometime soon! (y) ;)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all i stumbled across this site and i just hope it`s what I’m looking for… or what i need after reading 1 or 2 post`s.
I don`t want to sound a Sado or look for any kind of sympathy i`m not that kind of Man.
I`m from West Yorkshire & 53 and sadly lost my Wife 4 year`s ago. As we always had a touring caravan but had it sited up sadly the site`s gone now & took by the sea.
Well to keep myself busy Ive been trying my best to make a Camper van with the touring caravan we had and now finely got there after 3 year`s..
But now it`s the time i really need go somewhere as Ive only done 700 mile`s in the 3 year`s.
I don`t mind the traveling it`s when i get some where i tend to stop the night and the day after back home to the empty house for another few month`s.
Any advice on the meet up`s and places to go.
Thank you for having the time to read my post. Cheer`s Paul
Lots of rallies, shows and meet ups arranged on this forum. We have met many great people attending them. But to attend you need to be a subscriber. You will find it will be the best £20 you will ever spend.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Sound`s good James i`m only in Bradford i do a bit of Metal Detecting over Hawksworth Guiseley & cut over the Glen.
We meet at the countryside centre next to the B+B.

Cheers James

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
:pink:
Plenty of friends on here to be made it’s the start of a new beginning for you.
Good luck with your future plans👍

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Welcome to MH Fun!

Apart from joining all of us on this Forum, if you join the Caravan & Motorhome Club they have a Local Centre Group in your area you can join for rallies etc. which might suit you.

Jun 13, 2021
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120 low-line
Exp
Autumn 2020
I think thw warner show at Lincoln still has availability and some Fun spaces maybe, you choose the club from the drop down in the booking form, you might also have to create an outandabout account to book this as well as subscribing to this club. Hello from Leeds, we will be at Lincoln and Santaclaus (my otherhalf) is very chatty

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back