Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
As winter is upon us i think it's time i waxed the van(not a thing i normaly do to my vehicles).
Could i have suggestions as to which wax to use and is a good protection against the elements.

Rich :xwink:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
From one Rich to another

You will not get anything better than Collinite 476 seriously good stuff

Or you can put a sealant on both will last around 3 months so long as you wash the vehicle properly with a ph neutral shampoo :xgrin:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I use auto Glym really like there polish and shampoo, motorhome gets washed at least once a month, polished every three months, and I use the Auto Glym HD wax twice a year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You could read this, but both waxes mentioned are good, certainly the Auto Glym HD is easy to use and a little goes a long way. I use the HD on the car but use Auto glym super resin on the MH but ours lives indoors and gets done more regularly.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
You could read this, but both waxes mentioned are good, certainly the Auto Glym HD is easy to use and a little goes a long way. I use the HD on the car but use Auto glym super resin on the MH but ours lives indoors and gets done more regularly.

AG super resin isnt a wax or sealant, it is a polish so actually removes a tiny amount of lacquer or paint depending on the age of the vehicle :)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
My go to wax is mequiars marine wax. Its not cheap, not the easiest but gives good long lasting protection and being a marinewax it is formulated for GRP.I'm glad that someone else realises that single resin polish does nothing for protection

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back