Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
As winter is upon us i think it's time i waxed the van(not a thing i normaly do to my vehicles).
Could i have suggestions as to which wax to use and is a good protection against the elements.

Rich :xwink:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
From one Rich to another

You will not get anything better than Collinite 476 seriously good stuff

Or you can put a sealant on both will last around 3 months so long as you wash the vehicle properly with a ph neutral shampoo :xgrin:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I use auto Glym really like there polish and shampoo, motorhome gets washed at least once a month, polished every three months, and I use the Auto Glym HD wax twice a year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
You could read this, but both waxes mentioned are good, certainly the Auto Glym HD is easy to use and a little goes a long way. I use the HD on the car but use Auto glym super resin on the MH but ours lives indoors and gets done more regularly.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=169037

AG super resin isnt a wax or sealant, it is a polish so actually removes a tiny amount of lacquer or paint depending on the age of the vehicle :)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
My go to wax is mequiars marine wax. Its not cheap, not the easiest but gives good long lasting protection and being a marinewax it is formulated for GRP.I'm glad that someone else realises that single resin polish does nothing for protection

Funsters who are viewing this thread