Water mist extinguisher (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
Really the inventor of oven chips should be given some kind of medal. I'm sure statistics could show that it has led to a great reduction in chip pan fires and therefore lives being saved.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I hope nobody uses a chip pan in a motorhome.....the smell is bad enough, by as a fire hazard, surely not....
We do, we have a nice one we bought in France I think, enamel type base with 2 raised supports, a basket is inside which has 2 handles sticking out at the side which, when you lift it out are then rested on the support tops and keeps the basket and contents out of the fat and allows the excess to drip back in, we bought a lid for it too to ensure it can't 'spit'. Obviously it is NEVER EVER left unattended and NEVER overfilled. We also have a fire blanket to hand (we also use lidded frying pans too). Until we bought our new Carthago we hadn't had an oven in a camper for yonks (2010 I think) so this is our usual way to do chips/wedges etc. Oven chips simply do NOT cut it and when you want a nice bit of fish and chips only frying them will do!

This is the one we have so you can see what I mean about the raised supports etc:

1581359425573.png

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Really the inventor of oven chips should be given some kind of medal. I'm sure statistics could show that it has led to a great reduction in chip pan fires and therefore lives being saved.
And people with no culinary taste
Oven chips are nothing more than extruded mashed potato.
How else can you get 'light and fluffy' center BEFORE they're cooked.
Let one thaw out and see.

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
And people with no culinary taste
Oven chips are nothing more than extruded mashed potato.
How else can you get 'light and fluffy' center BEFORE they're cooked.
Let one thaw out and see.
They are pre-fried, but are certainly not just extruded mashed potato.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Air fryers are the future ....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How did this thread morf from fire extinguishers to how oven chips are made?
Do you remember the advert with the question "Daddy or chips?" :giggle: Now its "Fire extinguisher or chips?" ... however if we could get a 'vinegar' mist fire extinguisher and a 'salt' powder one too, I'd have them as well as the chips ...yum, yum. :p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back