watch the kerb

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by pappajohn, Apr 17, 2009.

1. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +27,555
    while in Oban i managed to find a parallel parking place big enough for the van and toad on the off side of the road.:thumb:
    when we left a car had parked a bit too close to my front end and i had to swing out in full left lock.
    this caused the toad to turn slightly right due to the rear of the van(overhang) going slightly right....only a few inches but enough for the toads nearside front tyre to hit the kerb.
    tyre hits kerb.....bites and turns into full right hand lock.:Angry:

front of van in out traffic....toad stuck to kerb in full lock.....not going anywhere....feeling a right t*at i had to go to the toad and re-align steering before pulling away.
    so if you parallel park keep away from the kerb:Doh:

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Ratings:
    +11,791
    Hi John
    Ive been dragging a toad with a RV for a couple of years now, and it was only three to four weeks ago whilst standing behind a RV pulling away with left lock on that I realised just how much Right lock was being applied to the Toad by the RV tail swing,
    It looked so sureal I nearly ran after it to tell the driver something had gone terribly amiss with his set up:Eeek:
    So a very valid point :thumb:
    Geo