LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
This may have been posted before but I hadn't seen it so............

Twice recently I have received text messages from mobile numbers purporting to be from REVOLUT implying my account has been suspended due to 2 incorrect log in attempts and giving a link to re-activate my account.

I'm sure this is a scam ... I have checked my account and no problem.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We use Revolut - it’s an online bank. We use it when out of the UK as there are no charges. As far as I know you don’t load it with euros but it gives very favourable rates when using it abroad.

The scam would be obvious as you would definitely know if there’s a problem with your card. When we used it outside of the UK it locked our card and we had to reset it. It seems very secure.

Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
Never ever follow links in emails (or anywhere else) to your bank, or any other financial institution or account. Wherever the link leads, it is bound to look genuine, but may be a scam.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
As far as I know you don’t load it with euros but it gives very favourable rates when using it abroad.
The Revolut card needs loading with some currency. Usually with your assigned local currency but you can convert all or part of a card balance to other currencies if you a) believe the rates are good at that time and going to be worse later or b) to avoid the weekend fee.
I did a local currency to Euro exchange for a) just before going on my summer hols & saved due to the rates getting worse.
I wouldn’t worry about the savings worrying about scenario b)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I would be concerned that the scammer knew the OP was a Revolut cardholder where did they get that info from. By the way I also use Revolut so thanks for the heads up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Like any bank you need funds in your account to use it.

We kept our other bank accounts and load the Revolut as we go. Adding money to the account is very easy as it is done on your phone or tablet and takes just a couple of seconds. We like the way it categorises your spend.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I would be concerned that the scammer knew the OP was a Revolut cardholder where did they get that info from. By the way I also use Revolut so thanks for the heads up.
Probably a blanket bulk e-mail that'll hit a target now and again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back