warning lights,,,vehicle recovered,,,1 week on still no Fix.... (1 Viewer)

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
i posted regarding a warning light, immobilizer light and vehicle not starting a couple of weeks back, well it was taken to fiat Stoneacre ,183 Bradford Road Cleckheaton BD19 3TT last friday and after almost 1 week they say they still cant find the fault,,,say they have checked the wiring loom and no faults, I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE a main dealer cant find why it wont start in 1 week......Guess next weeks bookings for sites need canceling.......i can see the cost of repair going up by the hour £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'd guess they have not looked at it properly yet.
Get the name of the workshop manager and give him a roasting

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If you pull out the two plugs at the bottom of the fuses box let stand for a couple of minute and replug it might be alright then. According to the MMM this month.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Not a fan of that garage - used to be a family business called Clemo, they were fine and we bought 2 cars from them.

Didn't go back again though after the change of ownership, a completely different place

For what it's worth, I didn't think they dealt with commercials so a bit surprised they didn't recover you to the nearest Fiat Professional workshop. NB I've not checked, maybe they are now ...but if they aren't, might be worth a word to see why they think they can handle the job .

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Not a fan of that garage - used to be a family business called Clemo, they were fine and we bought 2 cars from them.

Didn't go back again though after the change of ownership, a completely different place

For what it's worth, I didn't think they dealt with commercials so a bit surprised they didn't recover you to the nearest Fiat Professional workshop. NB I've not checked, maybe they are now ...but if they aren't, might be worth a word to see why they think they can handle the job .
i am going to turn up at the place in the morning to see what they have done to date,,,they say they have the loom opened up looking through it,,,so i expect to see a lot of un taped up wires.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

That gives people an idea as to the electronics involved. Hasn't there been quite a few messages on here about faulty FIAT displays. I recall a firm quoted who will repair and guarantee them much cheaper than FIAT providing a flawed one.

Immobiliser light, that rings a bell for faulty key ( unless you've tried two ) or the transmitter/receiver on the key barrel.

Life is tough these days, your garage is equipped with mechanics who are great with spanners but when it comes to a computer problem they are out of their depth.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It'll be a magic smoke fault Brian only no one saw what box it escaped from:doh:
Besides if the computer says there's no fault there's no fault simples:pray:

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
just had the garage on the phone, they have said they cant find the fault, so the main Fiat technicians are going to look at it on 30th june to find the problem, they think it might be an ECU problem......

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Ours has been off the road now for approaching four weeks and it is a 2017 build, still the problem has been identified and we hopefull to get it back as soon as the part comes off back order

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
just had the garage on the phone, they have said they cant find the fault, so the main Fiat technicians are going to look at it on 30th june to find the problem, they think it might be an ECU problem......
That are good, identified the problem with ours in an hour after three weeks of remote diagnositcs

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Last October I had an 'overheat' fault light on my Zafira and the cooling fan ran continuously. In short,... 3 sessions at the main dealer (16 miles away - a train and taxi each time), 3 diagnostics, replaced 2 Lambda sensors, MAFF sensor, cooling fan, fan control module plus other bits, 9 hours of labour by the white-coat 'technicians', bills for £890 and still couldn't sort it. They said it must be the ECU at squillions of dosh with no guarantee it would fix it.
In desperation I took it to my local guy in a lock-up on a pig farm 2 miles away. He opened the bonnet and whilst leaning on the front slam panel (oily diagnostics rag in hand) he noticed that one side of the cooling rad felt significantly hotter than the other. "Cr*p in the rad" he advised. (No I didn't ask him where I should go to achieve that feat of gymnastics). Anyhow, loads of silt emerged when he flushed the rad. Just 30 minutes and 20 squids later I drove off and it has been perfect ever since.

Last edited:

Frazzle

Free Member
Mar 29, 2017
maidstone kent
Funster No
MH
09 AutoSleeper Berkshire
Exp
im a newbie
I thought these days they connected laptop and it told them what is wrong.

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Just had them back on the phone as been in touch with head office,,,they have it narrowed down to 2 ecu units, and the flying doctor will tell them on 30th which it is or if both that are faulty,,,so fingers crossed and a bank loan it might be fixed by x,mas....

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Fingers crossed for you (y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sounds like your garage isn't a Fiat Professional if they have to call in the "flying doctor". Obviously haven't got the proper diagnostics.

I had a misfiring problem last year, when my local garage (normally excellent) failed to resolve it after 3 attempts I took it to a Fiat Professional. Identified the problem straight away and got it sorted, although I did have to wait a bit for the parts, not their fault.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Last October I had an 'overheat' fault light on my Zafira and the cooling fan ran continuously. In short,... 3 sessions at the main dealer (16 miles away - a train and taxi each time), 3 diagnostics, replaced 2 Lambda sensors, MAFF sensor, cooling fan, fan control module plus other bits, 9 hours of labour by the white-coat 'technicians', bills for £890 and still couldn't sort it. They said it must be the ECU at squillions of dosh with no guarantee it would fix it.
In desperation I took it to my local guy in a lock-up on a pig farm 2 miles away. He opened the bonnet and whilst leaning on the front slam panel (oily diagnostics rag in hand) he noticed that one side of the cooling rad felt significantly hotter than the other. "Cr*p in the rad" he advised. (No I didn't ask him where I should go to achieve that feat of gymnastics). Anyhow, loads of silt emerged when he flushed the rad. Just 30 minutes and 20 squids later I drove off and it has been perfect ever since.
Hi
I would liked to have made it a Double Love It...." where i should go to achieve that feat of gymnastics.."
Tea Bag..Still laughing!

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I thought these days they connected laptop and it told them what is wrong.

You thought wrong..

And this is a 7 year old vehicle, that has a non standard alarm and immobiliser fitted.. and places dont have folk just stood round waiting just to fix your breakdown .

Electrical faults are a killer because you cant look at it and see whats broke. I have had bikes where you just had to do a complete loom change , because while no part showed a fault, it wouldnt run .

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
I remember in the early canbus days when there would be obvious faults but the diagnostics would come back clear, we would end up resorting to swapping out parts and looms to cure problems that didn't exist! :D

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Whilst Working at the Toyota import workshop, we had a corrolla that had all manner of faults, it turned out to be a rear stop tail bulb with mismade connections back feeding the system with the voltage, that caused relays to opertae backwards ete etc etc. changed the bulb and fixed it all. electrickery is a mystery to all and computor will not help if it isn't known it will not be programmed for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back