Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Hiya
I got the Poynting 5-in-1 antenna so it has MIMO Wifi and LTE, and a GPS making 5... Not bad for £75 I thought...

I got a Poynting coz @Lenny HB got the top-of-the-range LTE one and said they were good :LOL::LOL::LOL:

He wasn't wrong
Is the Poynting one easy to fit ? Does it need a metal plate ? I was going for the Panorama one which says it doesn’t need a metal plate and just sticks to the roof. Also what is the the purpose of the GPS connection. What does one use that for ? What do you connect to it. The Panorama one is £169 but with the GPS it’s £228. Don’t want to waste money if I’m not going to use it. @lennyHB do you still recommend the Pointing or is the Panorama one OK (that’s the one supplied by Motorhome WiFi I believe. Seems easy to install.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Is the Poynting one easy to fit ? Does it need a metal plate ? I was going for the Panorama one which says it doesn’t need a metal plate and just sticks to the roof. Also what is the the purpose of the GPS connection. What does one use that for ? What do you connect to it. The Panorama one is £169 but with the GPS it’s £228. Don’t want to waste money if I’m not going to use it. @Lenny HB do you still recommend the Pointing or is the Panorama one OK (that’s the one supplied by Motorhome WiFi I believe. Seems easy to install.

Hiya
I just stuck my poynting aerial to the roof, no plate
The GPS can be connected to a sat nav unit - my stereo in the van is an android one and accepts an external aerial for the gps. I actually use the gps aerial with my router, as it has a gps chip and I use it as a tracker ie. It sends the Van's position to my Traccar server.
Anyway, hope this helps
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Hiya
I just stuck my poynting aerial to the roof, no plate
The GPS can be connected to a sat nav unit - my stereo in the van is an android one and accepts an external aerial for the gps. I actually use the gps aerial with my router, as it has a gps chip and I use it as a tracker ie. It sends the Van's position to my Traccar server.
Anyway, hope this helps
Steve
Thanks Steve....think I’ll go with the Poynting one then with GPS as well...Still not sure if I’ll connect anything to it for GPS but it’s there if I need it. Still can’t see why a stereo would need GPS though ☹️...

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Thanks Steve....think I’ll go with the Poynting one then with GPS as well...Still not sure if I’ll connect anything to it for GPS but it’s there if I need it. Still can’t see why a stereo would need GPS though ☹...
The stereo is android and works just like a big phone. it can run satnav apps, so needs a gps signal to know where it is on the map and guide you...

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
The stereo is android and works just like a big phone. it can run satnav apps, so needs a gps signal to know where it is on the map and guide you...
Ah I see....I just use Googlemaps on my iPad....got rid of my satNav years ago....perhaps I shouldn’t have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back