Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Hi, thought I would share my experience with the vertical thermostatically controlled shower mixer - V100. After some investigation and checking the thermostat in hot water and blowing through the feed pipes I came to the conclusion that the non return valve was jammed. Mine is the earlier version that does not have grub screws so a disassembly has to be carried out by accessing the rear of the shower enclosure. As most enclosures have been plastic welded my initial thoughts were "this is going to cost a bomb":cry:

Working on a autotrail mohican I discovered that there is an access panel. Unfortunately this is behind the fridge. In for a penny...out came the fridge after disconnecting gas and 12 volt. The fridge is held in situ by four screws through the side walls. The 240 V is via a long cable and the fridge can be easily removed without disconnection. Only the gas to get checked then!

After removal of a tight fitting fridge due to the seals, access to the shower is straight forward, disconnecting the pipes and securing nuts.

Disassembly of the shower assembly is quite logical, removing the non return valve using long nosed pliers - be careful as the spring is rather flimsy and I feel easily damaged. Sure enough scale was preventing the non return valve from sliding in its guide; a gentle clean and all is now well and working correctly. Reassembly is a reverse of the above and get the gas checked - luckily I know a man so it only cost me a pint. ::bigsmile:

When I made initial enquiries about why my shower was delivering hot water only I was informed that the thermostat had gone and I needed a new unit at £120.00. I wonder how many others have been told this. Am I glad I went to the trouble of doing a little not too challenging DIY.

Hope this helps

J

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just goes to show, never take anyone's word something is knackered until you've explored all options first :thumb:.

I repaired a couple of items on our RV which those in the know have said it's not repairable and you HAVE to buy a new one.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I agree with both posters.. lots of things can be repaired.. but in many cases it's only viable if it's a DIY .. ie.. no labour costs

In business, time is money , it's often cheaper to replace a faulty part costing say £30 .. than pay a guy's time to repair it..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back